Not as predictable as Muse. ;)

Aaaaaanyway, how did this thread get so many pages worth of discussion? There really isn't much discussion to be had about it really. :wtf:

:LOL: if you think this wasn't bound to get a few pages of replies...

I hadn't thought of that but I think you are just trying to be clever and qualify it. They are sometimes recorded.

Plus, oh opposite to live? Oh hahahahahaha! That is hilarious! Um........Not.....Nah..

I think to the general public, and not muse-obsessed fans, the joke would've been quite funny

Yes, Muse fans will take extra offense, but... he didn't simply say he didn't like Muse... he said, outright, that people want them dead. Not the music, the actual guys in the band (if am I understanding it right). That's quite harsh.

It's more than quite harsh, but I don't think he really meant it. Still unnecessary though and not even funny. If it was funny, then maybe people would have let him off!

I hadn't thought of that but I think you are just trying to be clever and qualify it. They are sometimes recorded.

Plus, oh opposite to live? Oh hahahahahaha! That is hilarious! Um........Not.....Nah..

Trying to be clever because I don't understand why people are dragging it out like Max said? Okay my dear if you say so

And no it's not hilarious I never said it was. Comedy deals with play of words

Is this another stick to bash comedy with then? The more people complain about something like this, the less likely production companies are to push the boundaries, making comedy as a whole less funny and very bland.

Also, did you people not watch south park? Its ok to joke about AIDs now...

It's more than quite harsh, but I don't think he really meant it. Still unnecessary though and not even funny. If it was funny, then maybe people would have let him off!

In all honesty I dont think he genuinely meant it, Im sure in real life as a real person he's probably quite nice and doesnt share that opinion. As a Muse Fan myself I wasnt bothered by it, I laughed and then I moved on. If people dont like the joke thats fine of course but just move on from it like a rational being please dont turn into reactionary daily mail like readers.

(Not aimed directly at you Carrie, just making a general point)

Is this another stick to bash comedy with then? The more people complain about something like this, the less likely production companies are to push the boundaries, making comedy as a whole less funny and very bland.

Also, did you people not watch south park? Its ok to joke about AIDs now...

:LOL::LOL:

i thought the thing he said about katie price an harvey was funny, but pushing it, but now on death, iv lost all respect for him, i dont even like axl rose, but i wouldnt wish his death, more of his retirement from the music world

Why can't people realize that he doesn't REALLY want Muse do die. For fucks sake.

I think most people realise that. Unless they're very stupid.

Well all these "I would never wish death upon someone even if I hated them" are very silly. Hate has nothing to do with it, it was a joke. A bad one, but still a joke.

Well all these "I would never wish death upon someone even if I hated them" are very silly. Hate has nothing to do with it, it was a joke. A bad one, but still a joke.

I've had no respect for Frankie Boyle's 'humour' since I read about this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1264725/Frankie-Boyle-Downs-syndrome-jokes-provoke-victims-mother.html

Yes, the story has a Daily Mail spin on it but the mother's quotes should be accurate.

Never Mind The Buzzcocks has always been about ripping into every band/artist out there, regardless of who's presenting it.

The AIDS joke would have been written beforehand, it had fuck all to do with Frankie Boyle, hence why he's reading it from the autocue.

It's only because it's Frankie Boyle it's suddenly "news" ;)

Yeah, I mean nobody's making a massive fuss about when Chris Packham was on the show and kept getting accused of bestiality and all that...

Archived