That's because this is the Muse messageboard' date=' not the Frankie Boyle messageboard :p[/quote']

I meant in general :)

Personally, I thought the stuff Boyle did was quite funny, if a bit hit-and-miss. I find it funnier that people on this board are massively over-reacting despite the fact that if the joke had been made about any other band they wouldn't have given a toss, or even laughed themselves.

I'm sure if Bellamy and co were offended they can fight their own battles. All these arguments are showing is how obsessed Muse fans actually are.

"OMG HOW DARE YOU INSULT SOMETHING I LOVE SO SO SO MUCH!"

I meant in general :)

Personally, I thought the stuff Boyle did was quite funny, if a bit hit-and-miss. I find it funnier that people on this board are massively over-reacting despite the fact that if the joke had been made about any other band they wouldn't have given a toss, or even laughed themselves.

I'm sure if Bellamy and co were offended they can fight their own battles. All these arguments are showing is how obsessed Muse fans actually are.

"OMG HOW DARE YOU INSULT SOMETHING I LOVE SO SO SO MUCH!"

Damnit, you're too quick. i deleted that last message because it didn't make sense :$

No, what it shows is that the board's slow and there's nothing else to talk about :p

Edit: quoted you twice. My brains not functioning properly this afternoon :facepalm:

No, what it shows is that the board's slow and there's nothing else to talk about :p

Exactly! That just what I was about to say but you've already said it. We have the people who love Muse saying they don't like it and then the people who generally moan about Muse moaning about the comments from the people who love Muse. :LOL: And then the people who love Muse coming back and recommenting because there is basically nothing else happening at the moment! :LOL:

I think we ought to have another argument now about the suggestion that musers who don't like it are Daily Fail readers! That's scraping the barrel! :LOL:

I've had no respect for Frankie Boyle's 'humour' since I read about this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1264725/Frankie-Boyle-Downs-syndrome-jokes-provoke-victims-mother.html

Yes, the story has a Daily Mail spin on it but the mother's quotes should be accurate.

I actually hate the Daily Mail and I wouldn't trust what they say, but I must admit reading that story has upset me. :(

It was the bit about wanting to tell him how well their daughter is doing at school and show pictures of how beautiful she is that got to me. :(

That is why these debates over freedom of speech and comedy will continue.

I actually hate the Daily Mail and I wouldn't trust what they say, but I must admit reading that story has upset me. :(

It was the bit about wanting to tell him how well their daughter is doing at school and show pictures of how beautiful she is that got to me. :(

That is why these debates over freedom of speech and comedy will continue.

I can't imagine why they'd want to tell him all that. As if he'd care. :(

I can't imagine why they'd want to tell him all that. As if he'd care. :(

No I wouldn't want to if I was in their position, I'd be giving him the middle finger! But it's just the idea of how it felt for them because of their feelings for their daughter. If it's true of course. That sort of stuff affects me.

Frankie Boyle has really gone off the boil so to speak :rolleyes:

I was a big fan of his and but saw him in Sheffield last year and even as someone who gets offended by just about nothing I thought he went alot too far with some of his jokes, I'd say a good 30% of his gig was about rape and in no witty manner at all just shock factor. His latest series Tramadol Nights I couldn't even get through the first episode it was that cringeworthy.

I hear he's been banned from the comedy awards and he's stated he's giving up comedy in a few years anyway so we won't have to put up with the moron for much longer.

I was a big fan of his and but saw him in Sheffield last year and even as someone who gets offended by just about nothing I thought he went alot too far with some of his jokes, I'd say a good 30% of his gig was about rape and in no witty manner at all just shock factor. His latest series Tramadol Nights I couldn't even get through the first episode it was that cringeworthy.

I hear he's been banned from the comedy awards and he's stated he's giving up comedy in a few years anyway so we won't have to put up with the moron for much longer.

It's a shame really, I was looking up this guy's stuff on youtube and he was quite good at what he did. Here's him owning a heckler :LOL:

[YT]

[/YT]

It's a shame really, I was looking up this guy's stuff on youtube and he was quite good at what he did. Here's him owning a heckler :LOL:

[YT]

[/YT]

Yeah, to be fair I'm still a fan of his it's just these days since leaving mock the week he seems to be wanting to push any boundries for the sake of it, sometimes at the expense of his actual jokes.

My comment is on Frankie in general these days though, in responce to the Buzzcocks thing if the joke had been made about somebody like Coldplay we'd all probably be laughing :LOL:

Yeah, to be fair I'm still a fan of his it's just these days since leaving mock the week he seems to be wanting to push any boundries for the sake of it, sometimes at the expense of his actual jokes.

My comment is on Frankie in general these days though, in responce to the Buzzcocks thing if the joke had been made about somebody like Coldplay we'd all probably be laughing :LOL:

Exactly, imagine if he said Justin Bieber, everyone here would have been cheering :LOL:

That's essentially what I've started to feel. I will laugh at "offensive" jokes but they have to actually be funny and I feel a lot of what he does now isn't funny, just trying to shock. That doesn't mean I don't get it or I'm PC or complaining for no reason, it's just my opinion!

ALSO Frankie isn't the only one with this problem. It's just he's getting the most attention over it.

Haha,this is the first time I've seen people defend Muse on this board in aaaaages :LOL:

Shame MTV stopped doing "CELEBRITY DEATH MATCH!!!!!"

Frankie Boyle V Muse? Im thinking drumsticks through eyeballs, haggis bombs and laser death finnishing moves??

Admittedly I have a very vivid immagination!

He's supposed to be a comedian and it isn't even funny :rolleyes:

Business as usual for him, then? The guy's a tit. I can ignore all his "look at me" offensiveness because it's just like a 5 year old swearing at his nan to get attention.

The only thing "outrageous" about Frankie Boyle is that someone so intrinsically unfunny and so deeply unlikeable ever got a telly career.

Finally got round to watching this now my internet is working properly again, and to be honest I don't see what all the fuss is about. What he said about Muse doesn't bother me in the slightest. I didn't find it funny, but I'm not upset about it either, and I do think that people are overreacting.

I'm sure many of you have already pointed this out, but when Frankie was on Mock the Week he was actually a half decent comedian. It's only since he left the show that his 'jokes' have gone downhill to the point where everything he says if purely for the shock value. The thing is, what he says ISN'T particularly shocking, there are far worse comedians out there in that respect, but he seems to have lost the ability to write any material that isn't soley intended to appear outrageous.

On a side note, the hedgehog comment did make me laugh. :LOL:

Archived