Yeah, I agree with that. I should replace the "not only" in my post with "not". Matt dropping the parts that made them stand out as a live band (the piano-guitar switch in New Born, the guitar solo in Blackout etc) is just sad. But I wouldn't mind if Morgan just kept doing his parts ans that Matt started writing songs with him in mind. Two guitars (could have Morgan on bass), or just more guitar+piano combos like the good old days. The piano has been seriously lacking in general. Someone needs to remind Matt that it isn't just for ballads.

What the fuck happened? Seeing the setlists, what the fuck happened? I thought they still weren't bad at 2013, the 2015 festival set was absolutely nuts and even the Drones arena tour gig was alright, at least we got motp and tab.

What the actual fucking shit are these setlists? Or is it once again the guys disliking NA for some reason?

They've always disliked the US. Our sets were always shorter, we seldom got old songs and when we did Matt gave a speech about how none of us knew the songs or saw the band live before TR (which was the only time he talked to the crowd,) and he badmouthed the US fans to other fans (and on French interviews.)

They wanted to keep playing the same size gigs in the US as the UK, instead of understanding the market here and working to gain a dedicated fanbase, and they just keep making a string of bad decisions.

The playback and downtime, as well as set length, have increased to an insane degree, though, and I'm willing to bet a lot of that sticks around for the UK gigs this time.

15 songs for a gig with a festival stage and tickets that cost double the main tour last year is just mindblowing.

The band was quickly devolving from an amazing live band to an amazing spectacle, but this is something even I didn't expect.

Or is it once again the guys disliking NA for some reason?

They (or Matt, at least) actually seemed to have fun over the last two gigs, these are just the songs they think they 'should' play in the US. It's pretty much the same as the US Drones gigs, just with two less songs (the piano slot and the JFK+____ slot).

Edit: Oh, also, apparently Matt said no to a fan who brought a Fury sign to the front. Not a surprise I guess but figured I'd post.

Edited by Jobby

They (or Matt, at least) actually seemed to have fun over the last two gigs, these are just the songs they think they 'should' play in the US. It's pretty much the same as the US Drones gigs, just with two less songs (the piano slot and the JFK+____ slot).

Edit: Oh, also, apparently Matt said no to a fan who brought a Fury sign to the front. Not a surprise I guess but figured I'd post.

Now I wonder what fan would bring a sign that says Fury? Wonder if they're from Australia.

This reminds me of, should I make a sign with a bit less requested song for Reading? :D

Maybe SD or Futurism?

People really need to come up with requests that aren't ridiculous, tbh. Asking for Fury in the country where people had to beg for months for CE is a bit insane.

Montreux 2016

Huh I thought it was last done was at the Cologne gig for Amazon in 2015.

No idea why but it did make me chuckle.

This reminds me of, should I make a sign with a bit less requested song for Reading? :D

Maybe SD or Futurism?

Honestly, probs not. Not only 'cos he may well not even see it from the stage but it's pretty rare that they fulfill a request for a future gig nowadays, let alone on the spot.

Sorry :/

What an asshole.

I know he's just saying it to rile people up 'cos he'll know full well of the complaints by now but, still, sad to see that his contempt openly spills out onto Twitter now :(

Not doing those people who just made plans for the #WeLoveMuse pity parade any favours :LOL:

Inb4 they actually do it this time.

Nah, at max they'll do a poll and play one or two songs. Or it was just a sarcastic tweet aimed to further rile up the miffed hardcores after that 'put my feet up' one.

Fair enough :LOL:. I mean, I feel that he's got "cockier" recently.

That's fair since their music and live shows have been so good recently

Yeah with one song (B&H)

MuseWiki says it was two songs - Butterflies and Assassin. Which were duly played one after the other in the opening 4 songs.

Still, they have done them recently enough. But there's always the fear it might be a damp squib like the 2010 one was.

Don't forget that the poll was a list of only songs that had already been played on the tour (including club gigs, fortunately) but was EVERY song, including KoC, SMBH, Starlight... and Drones and the drum and bass jam.

It felt like it just existed to prove Matt's "people will just vote for popular songs" Tweet, and it backfired.

They played the two songs, once, then dropped Assassin, fans loudly complained, they brought it back for one more gig, and Matt posted blaming Dom for dropping it.

That's fair since their music and live shows have been so good recently

Agreed about the shows, they're certainly lacking. Can't help but enjoy DD and some songs of the last decade albums, so I can't really agree with the music part :LOL:.