Although surely its rock festival credentials are pretty overdone now given there's an increased focus on their bill in recent years on dance and electronic acts?

This is the same guy who said "we're one of the only bands making albums nowadays".

Matt is not a man in-touch.

Apparently he said in one of the recent interviews that there'll be plenty of riff-heavy songs at R/L 'cos it's a "rock festival" so I guess we'll see.

He also said this tour would allow them to bring back some different songs. Unless he meant R/L by "tour" that was also just a lie.

Sorry to keep pooping on your parade. :chuckle:

I'm trying to imagine what some casual who has no idea what NKOK thinks about what's going on here. How the hell does that come off with the frontman leaving the stage and watching a video of a guy dressed like Elvis singing a shitty song?

Precisely. That must be really, really baffling for someone not familiar with Muse's recent poor decision making. What an awkward, cringy moment. I genuinely believe if I had witnessed this live it would ruin the gig for me. Getting a gag tune would already be a bit of a push, but this...what the actual fuck. To be fair the downtime in Drones already bothered me, but I could kinda digest it as being part of some overall concept, even though I don't go to arena shows to look at screens. But this is the dumbest excuse to fill set time. If downtime really is necessary, don't treat people like they're daft and like they don't know what their money is worth. Come up with something that's decent, even if you think you might get away with the dumb, easy idea. The first time they did this I thought it was just cus they couldn't be arsed with that executive/corporate event thing. That's how effortless and tacky I thought it was :LOL:

For a while now it has made me a bit sad that the band appear to have a really bad case of being surrounded by yes men, and stunts like this really seem to show that. That no one around them has the balls to say "You know what thats really stupid. You're supposed to be one of the greatest live bands around", is disconcerting.

I've always been very positive about the band's general direction (musicly and show-wise) . I can't complain cus I never stopped enjoying their creative output and the setlists I got were pretty decent. But something's just not right...

Plenty of bass riffs

Two of them are pretty much the same riff, but still... :chuckle:

I haven't listened to many of the interviews surrounding this song, which probably should be a huge indication to myself that I'm totally checked out, but I'm still in awe over the bit where Matt said Dig Down came about because he had the bass line stuck in his head for a long time, and the song is THAT close to Madness.

I'm tempted to sell my Belfast ticket.

I've been so lucky with the gigs I've been to; spur of the moment decision to go to the second Wembley date (in addition to night 1) in 2010, two dates on the Psycho tour, Assassin and AP (which had eluded me for so long) at the O2 last year...

Leeds 2011 and Download '15 had OoS in full and the promise of a heavier selection of songs going for them. I'm running out of incentives to go to as the sets and performances just aren't as strong as they could/should be, which makes me a bit sad really. I think I've just burned out on this cycle and want them to get this era out of the way.

This is the same guy who said "we're one of the only bands making albums nowadays".

Matt is not a man in-touch.

Yeah that was a bit of a weird thing to say. Even if a lot of musicians talk shite in interviews, that was a bit of an odd step.

Although maybe with Reading there's a memories of the past thing, given the bills for that festival were a lot more rock-heavy back in the days they were going as teens. Saying that, last year's headline trio of Foals, Chilis and Biffy had a decent share of rock riffs.

He also said this tour would allow them to bring back some different songs. Unless he meant R/L by "tour" that was also just a lie.

Sorry to keep pooping on your parade. :chuckle:

I don't really know what my expectations are for the 3 UK shows tbh, hence why I'm still non-committal on going to see one. But the talk of a different production to the Drones Tour blocks has me hopeful it'll be different enough to the NA sets, which look pretty poor even without the NKOK debacle.

Tbh I'd be happy with a performance of Assassin or Butterflies & Hurricanes. Two on my "cross off" list.

Well, Glen just liked one of my tweets about the short sets and heavy filler. So the message has at least been heard I guess, though we'll have to see to what extent.

Edit: inb4 the set tonight is Dig Down, Madness and every piece of filler they have

Edited by Jobby

Well, Glen just liked one of my tweets about the short sets and heavy filler. So the message has at least been heard I guess, though we'll have to see to what extent.

Edit: inb4 the set tonight is Dig Down, Madness and every piece of filler they have

Glenn is probably on our side, and i bet Chris and Dom aswell.

How is it so hard to rotate this:

Hysteria / MOTP

PIB / Bliss

Resistance / B&H

CE / Sunburn / AP / SS

Edited by White Heat

Yes it is a terrible setlist but could still be worse. At least there's no prelude into Starlight, or replacing The Handler with Revolt. :LOL:

Tbf I agree Prelude into Starlight wasn't great, but only because Prelude outshone a fairly pedestrian guitar-less Starlight.

I've had a listen to some recordings. Munich Jam does sound sped up, Psycho's solo sounds different - not sure if I'm a fan - and I like the adding of finger clicks over the TiRO intro.

Zilch apparently, since we're on course for the same 15 songs + filler formula.

Could've been a sarcastic like I suppose. Wasn't sure how to gauge it tbh :chuckle:

Zilch apparently, since we're on course for the same 15 songs + filler formula.

Could've been a sarcastic like I suppose. Wasn't sure how to gauge it tbh :chuckle:

Maybe the only part he saw was #wewantlivemuse and thought you just really wanted to go to the gig.

The lack of DI is a bit shocking, but alongside also missing Handler, makes me wonder if it's just gotten to that point that Matt's voice can't handle these things.

Yeah I was gonna say, having heard a video of the DI performance the other night it sounded like he was really struggling so not a huge surprise to see it dropped. Shame though, it's so much better live than UD.

EDIT: Is it me or are there playback backing vocals in Knights

Edited by heyjackk