TRNSMT are running out of options, don’t wanna get my hopes up but there aren’t many other choices, and the final headliner has been held back for a reason...

What reason?

Snow Patrol were rumoured and it’s not them, can’t be Foos, can’t be Mumford, probably won’t be Green Day... doesn’t leave many options

Edit: ok I misread. Just that it’s clearly not been announced due to constraints such as, to coincide with an announcement by a band

Edited by Rustyy

Snow Patrol were rumoured and it’s not them, can’t be Foos, can’t be Mumford, probably won’t be Green Day... doesn’t leave many options

Edit: ok I misread. Just that it’s clearly not been announced due to constraints such as, to coincide with an announcement by a band

Will be Kendrick Lamar or some shit like R&L.

Will be Kendrick Lamar or some shit like R&L.

I may be wrong but I think Muse would be much more likely. This is only TRNSMT's second year so I'm not sure if it's big enough globally yet. Since it started all the headliners have been from the UK with the exception of the Killers who seem to have sort of thing for the UK.

Then again, if the Foo Fighters were getting rumoured then I might be way off the mark.

In conclusion: I have no idea.

This post tells you all you need to know about TRNSMT's quality

Kendrick Lamar or some shit

I beg your pardon?

I may be wrong but I think Muse would be much more likely. This is only TRNSMT's second year so I'm not sure if it's big enough globally yet. Since it started all the headliners have been from the UK with the exception of the Killers who seem to have sort of thing for the UK.

Then again, if the Foo Fighters were getting rumoured then I might be way off the mark.

In conclusion: I have no idea.

The point of it was to move away from the last years of T in the Park and that scene... so the acts they’ve booked have all generally been to a certain standard... Muse would fit in to that. It’s the same folk that did T, and T was the second biggest festival in the UK so going from thst I’m sure they have the pull to get Muse

I saw an interview at the NME Awards where Matt said they have some new technology not seen before on such tours ready to go. But at the same time, I saw the Rolling Stone featurette indicate the main tour is for 2019 with this year being just bits and bobs.

Might well just be this cluster of dates announced then with one or two others.

Confirmed just a few gigs this year, presumably what’s already announced. If this technology’s as groundbreaking as he says, it probs makes sense that they’ve had to go through all the logistics this early on. Plus big world tours are usually booked around a year+ in advance, no? So 2019 must be it.

Sets sometimes get a wee bit interesting in years like this though, might be worth going to one or two of these few gigs.

2014 - Agitated, Yes Please, Butterflies, Lithium, Muscle Museum (was meant to be iirc)

2011 - Soldier’s Poem, Megalomania, Space Dementia, Hyper Music, Micro Cuts, Screenager, Darkshines

2008 - Dead Star, Fury, Space Dementia, The Groove (instrumental)

Edited by Jobby

2011 - Soldier’s Poem, Megalomania, Space Dementia, Hyper Music, Micro Cuts, Screenager, Darkshines

Don't know how much I'd count Origin as it was a very special and intended performance but Butterflies, Citizen, and Take A Bow had also made returns that year as regulars and were sparse the months prior.

A 'by request' show was just announced for Paris on February 24th.

Edit: 'The show will be streamed live and include real time fan voting.'

Interesting...

Edited by cyborgninja117

Real time voting noooooooooo

Why would you leave a rarity gig’s voting down to any random fan on FB

Oh is it Facebook? Assumed it meant at the gig and I’ve just realised how stupid that sounds in my head

Edited by Rustyy

Oh is it Facebook? Assumed it meant st the gif and I’ve just realised how stupid that sounds in my head

I assumed the same.

If its fb voting this will be awful.

Edit: So what's actually happening is the ticket holders get to choose their top 5 tracks like at SBE but

I'm assuming the order will be decided on FB.

Edited by ryanp16

Ok HOPING that any real-time votes will be for the couple of hit slots (like Hysteria + PIB at SBE) while the rarities are voted for by ticket-holders. That’d make sense, no?

So if it was SBE they’d be something like Hysteria / TIRO, PIB / Bliss and maybe New Born / Stockholm.

Edit: guess who’s already got the ticket anxiety SHAKES :facemelt: god i hate this fucking shit

Edit 2: “please not that your unique code will not be available until ONE FUCKING HOUR before tickets go on sale, good luck luv u xx”

Edited by Jobby

On the bright side, at least this shows they’re totally up for doing more and SBE wasn’t an absolute one-off. Raises the chances slightly for one in the US eventually, even if it is still probs slim. Helps that an interviewer literally just asked Matt about exactly that as well (if we ignore that he dodged it).

Meanwhile can we all agree not to vote for fucking cod if I’m not there? Cool, thanks guys

Holy crap! Slightly excited! :awesome:

Ok HOPING that any real-time votes will be for the couple of hit slots (like Hysteria + PIB at SBE) while the rarities are voted for by ticket-holders. That’d make sense, no?

Yea, that would be good. I can see the voting being one song against another and the internet decides which one gets played. If it's the hit slots, that's fine, if it's the rarities slots, well, you'd still be happy to hear either song I guess...

Anyway, I have no clue if I can get there, but another thought that came to my mind is: Does this better the chances that there are going to be more of these by-request gigs in the future? Edit: yea, kinda what Jobby said.

La Cigale though, man....when was the last time they played there? 2000/2001?

2001 and "Matt stated that after this gig, he woke up in the morning to a "clammy" female fan sitting on the end of his bed who he believed had either broken into his room, or had bribed the receptionist.[4] He described this as the most awkward incident he has had with a fan and it is implied that he politely asked her to leave his room."

Maybe he's looking to revisit old memories.

It’ll be me if he doesn’t play COD. Trumpet in hand.

Asked this in the news thread but is there any word on where we actually get tickets yet? Like, is there a link on Ticketmaster or are we just waitin’

On the next big tour they should do one show in an arena followed by a smaller, by request show in each city. If they worded it correctly (arena=more of the hits for the casual crowd) it would possibly give the hardcore fans more of a chance for the intimate shows. Of course it shouldn't be limited to just the UK/Europe.

Looking forward to watching this livestream.

It’ll be me if he doesn’t play COD. Trumpet in hand.

Asked this in the news thread but is there any word on where we actually get tickets yet? Like, is there a link on Ticketmaster or are we just waitin’

If you click on the "10am CET" link in the news message, you'll get to the site where you have to enter the code.

If you click on the "10am CET" link in the news message, you'll get to the site where you have to enter the code.

Ah okay, cheers. Maybe it’s just me being stupid but I thought it’d be more obvious than that tbh :chuckle: