2011 - Soldier’s Poem, Megalomania, Space Dementia, Hyper Music, Micro Cuts, Screenager, Darkshines

Don't know how much I'd count Origin as it was a very special and intended performance but Butterflies, Citizen, and Take A Bow had also made returns that year as regulars and were sparse the months prior.

Oh is it Facebook? Assumed it meant st the gif and I’ve just realised how stupid that sounds in my head

I assumed the same.

If its fb voting this will be awful.

Edit: So what's actually happening is the ticket holders get to choose their top 5 tracks like at SBE but

I'm assuming the order will be decided on FB.

Edited by ryanp16

Ok HOPING that any real-time votes will be for the couple of hit slots (like Hysteria + PIB at SBE) while the rarities are voted for by ticket-holders. That’d make sense, no?

So if it was SBE they’d be something like Hysteria / TIRO, PIB / Bliss and maybe New Born / Stockholm.

Edit: guess who’s already got the ticket anxiety SHAKES :facemelt: god i hate this fucking shit

Edit 2: “please not that your unique code will not be available until ONE FUCKING HOUR before tickets go on sale, good luck luv u xx”

Edited by Jobby

On the bright side, at least this shows they’re totally up for doing more and SBE wasn’t an absolute one-off. Raises the chances slightly for one in the US eventually, even if it is still probs slim. Helps that an interviewer literally just asked Matt about exactly that as well (if we ignore that he dodged it).

Meanwhile can we all agree not to vote for fucking cod if I’m not there? Cool, thanks guys

Holy crap! Slightly excited! :awesome:

Ok HOPING that any real-time votes will be for the couple of hit slots (like Hysteria + PIB at SBE) while the rarities are voted for by ticket-holders. That’d make sense, no?

Yea, that would be good. I can see the voting being one song against another and the internet decides which one gets played. If it's the hit slots, that's fine, if it's the rarities slots, well, you'd still be happy to hear either song I guess...

Anyway, I have no clue if I can get there, but another thought that came to my mind is: Does this better the chances that there are going to be more of these by-request gigs in the future? Edit: yea, kinda what Jobby said.

La Cigale though, man....when was the last time they played there? 2000/2001?

2001 and "Matt stated that after this gig, he woke up in the morning to a "clammy" female fan sitting on the end of his bed who he believed had either broken into his room, or had bribed the receptionist.[4] He described this as the most awkward incident he has had with a fan and it is implied that he politely asked her to leave his room."

Maybe he's looking to revisit old memories.

On the next big tour they should do one show in an arena followed by a smaller, by request show in each city. If they worded it correctly (arena=more of the hits for the casual crowd) it would possibly give the hardcore fans more of a chance for the intimate shows. Of course it shouldn't be limited to just the UK/Europe.

Looking forward to watching this livestream.

It’ll be me if he doesn’t play COD. Trumpet in hand.

Asked this in the news thread but is there any word on where we actually get tickets yet? Like, is there a link on Ticketmaster or are we just waitin’

If you click on the "10am CET" link in the news message, you'll get to the site where you have to enter the code.

Predictions for what'll get voted in?

If we assume they play the top 10 again (and that the list is the same), I'll guess at: Showbiz, Glorious, Easily, Fury, Dead Star, Citizen Erased, Eternally Missed, Falling Away With You, City Of Delusion, The Small Print.

EM finished 11th last time iirc and I can see there potentially being a slightly better push for it at this one. Can't see those first 4 going away - they're just too popular. Hoping S4A drops out, would prefer it if CE did as well tbh but wouldn't mind that as much. TSP and COD are mainly educated guesses based off what I saw people voting for before (and my own hopes + dreams), maybe Space Dementia was up there too?

Would love a push for Do We Need This, like. Shocked that barely seemed to get any votes last time.

That would be laaaaame (though still most likely a good gig tbf).

I'm holding out hope it'll be the same for now. The gig description's promoted with the same wording ("all votes submitted with be collated and used to curate the set on the night"). Implies it'll be the whole (or at least bulk) of the set to me.

Edit: it's a tiiiiny gig as well, surely no reason to go lighter than SBE just 'cos it's being streamed?

Edited by Jobby