That's what I predicted, even less songs because they've been announcing this tour like it's a double headliner with 30 secs to Mars.

What's the NKOK with playback vocals thing? Like, no one sang or pretended to sing but it had Matt's vocals on tape?

That's what I predicted, even less songs because they've been announcing this tour like it's a double headliner with 30 secs to Mars.

What's the NKOK with playback vocals thing? Like, no one sang or pretended to sing but it had Matt's vocals on tape?

Pretty much. Matt walks off stage and we just get the music video on the screen while Dom and Chris play their parts to the pre-recorded vocals.

Pretty much. Matt walks off stage and we just get the music video on the screen while Dom and Chris play their parts to the pre-recorded vocals.

I can't think of any other band that does that or has done that. That's absolute crap. Glad I didn't get tix for this tour.

Think I read that MGMT did that for when they played Kids on their old tours (although 8 always reaf that their performances were pretty bad anyway).

Don't understand why they don't just play it without the vocals and instead of a jam

The first performances of songs these days are usually the best (Dead Inside being an exception). Then he lowers the notes or replaces them with falsetto a few gigs/months in. Happened with Survival, The Handler, Madness and Resistance.

That run of songs in the middle, wow.

Stunned that NKoK and Munich Jam are both there. And yeah, Minimum makes so much sense to play live if they do have to do 2 breaks (maybe Matt shits himself during DI when he hits the big notes these days?).

All in all I'd pay... £4.00 ish to see that setlist played live? Something like that anyway.

The backing vocal track on Dig Down is SO obvious, and so high in the mix :'(.

Just... stop. If you can't play it live, don't play it live.

Are there any songs that may be rotated? I'm thinking they would be Resistance and Plug in Baby. Any ideas what they would put in there place?

Seems like he's totally dropping the piano now too. This is like watching an athlete fade away at the end of their career.

Are there any songs that may be rotated? I'm thinking they would be Resistance and Plug in Baby. Any ideas what they would put in there place?

Probs Resistance and DI. Maybe The Handler and PIB.

Replacements: UD, Map, Bliss, Reapers, maybe Stockholm.

NKOK with playback vocals is really the strangest decision they've made in a long time.

I feel like we say that every tour at this point :chuckle:

This could potentially top the UD coffins from the T2L stadiums though.

Edited by Jobby

Dig Down doesn't sound too bad live I guess. Glad he's belting the 'dooooooown'

Imagine his face would be as red as his jacket after belting.

I understand the playback backing vocal though. This song is hard to recreated in terms of backing vocals with only three out of four people can sing in the band. Bowie uses backing tracks and samples during the Earthling era.

However, the NKoK playback is unforgivable.

Edited by Suq Madiq

It's not just the backing vocals being playback though.

I meant only backing vocal is acceptable.

Btw what part of the song is playback, apart from backing vocal?

Oh, my bad then.

The big sustained vocals near the end definitely have some help, in the TV performance you can clearly see that he stops singing to breathe while the vocals keep going. And it sounds the same in the concert video.

Yeah, there's something very stupid about playback NKOK. Its a bit of a shite setlist all round really, even by the lower standards NA gigs tend to be.

The first performances of songs these days are usually the best (Dead Inside being an exception). Then he lowers the notes or replaces them with falsetto a few gigs/months in. Happened with Survival, The Handler, Madness and Resistance.

Very true. Think Dig Down is just a G4 if I'm correct which he has no issue with hitting in the Globalist even if he is left a bit red faced in some performances - haven't actually pitched it so could be off - so he should really be fine with it though...

Very true. Think Dig Down is just a G4 if I'm correct which he has no issue with hitting in the Globalist even if he is left a bit red faced in some performances - haven't actually pitched it so could be off - so he should really be fine with it though...
It's a G4 indeed, which is actually a note he has started struggling with a bit these days. Remember what happened to the G4 in Resistance. And he's a bit flat on some of the G4s in MOTP these days.

It's a G4 indeed, which is actually a note he has started struggling with a bit these days. Remember what happened to the G4 in Resistance. And he's a bit flat on some of the G4s in MOTP these days.

To be honest I've not watched/listened to Resistance live in a good few years :LOL:

Shame to hear that though, it's one of my favourite notes to hear him belt.

Only live recording I found on YouTube wasn't a great quality, so couldn't really hear the music properly. Decent vocal for the hero part on the outro, mind. I also like the visuals and the light-up guitar.

Incidentally, when that rehearsal setlist photo was going round...

So 15 songs plus Isolated System, Interlude, a new drum/bass jam and Drones?

:p

I mean... :chuckle: