That run of songs in the middle, wow.

Stunned that NKoK and Munich Jam are both there. And yeah, Minimum makes so much sense to play live if they do have to do 2 breaks (maybe Matt shits himself during DI when he hits the big notes these days?).

All in all I'd pay... £4.00 ish to see that setlist played live? Something like that anyway.

Are there any songs that may be rotated? I'm thinking they would be Resistance and Plug in Baby. Any ideas what they would put in there place?

Seems like he's totally dropping the piano now too. This is like watching an athlete fade away at the end of their career.

Are there any songs that may be rotated? I'm thinking they would be Resistance and Plug in Baby. Any ideas what they would put in there place?

Probs Resistance and DI. Maybe The Handler and PIB.

Replacements: UD, Map, Bliss, Reapers, maybe Stockholm.

NKOK with playback vocals is really the strangest decision they've made in a long time.

I feel like we say that every tour at this point :chuckle:

This could potentially top the UD coffins from the T2L stadiums though.

Edited by Jobby

Dig Down doesn't sound too bad live I guess. Glad he's belting the 'dooooooown'

Imagine his face would be as red as his jacket after belting.

I understand the playback backing vocal though. This song is hard to recreated in terms of backing vocals with only three out of four people can sing in the band. Bowie uses backing tracks and samples during the Earthling era.

However, the NKoK playback is unforgivable.

Edited by Suq Madiq

Oh, my bad then.

The big sustained vocals near the end definitely have some help, in the TV performance you can clearly see that he stops singing to breathe while the vocals keep going. And it sounds the same in the concert video.

The first performances of songs these days are usually the best (Dead Inside being an exception). Then he lowers the notes or replaces them with falsetto a few gigs/months in. Happened with Survival, The Handler, Madness and Resistance.

Very true. Think Dig Down is just a G4 if I'm correct which he has no issue with hitting in the Globalist even if he is left a bit red faced in some performances - haven't actually pitched it so could be off - so he should really be fine with it though...

Very true. Think Dig Down is just a G4 if I'm correct which he has no issue with hitting in the Globalist even if he is left a bit red faced in some performances - haven't actually pitched it so could be off - so he should really be fine with it though...
It's a G4 indeed, which is actually a note he has started struggling with a bit these days. Remember what happened to the G4 in Resistance. And he's a bit flat on some of the G4s in MOTP these days.

It's a G4 indeed, which is actually a note he has started struggling with a bit these days. Remember what happened to the G4 in Resistance. And he's a bit flat on some of the G4s in MOTP these days.

To be honest I've not watched/listened to Resistance live in a good few years :LOL:

Shame to hear that though, it's one of my favourite notes to hear him belt.

Only live recording I found on YouTube wasn't a great quality, so couldn't really hear the music properly. Decent vocal for the hero part on the outro, mind. I also like the visuals and the light-up guitar.

Incidentally, when that rehearsal setlist photo was going round...

So 15 songs plus Isolated System, Interlude, a new drum/bass jam and Drones?

:p

I mean... :chuckle:

Oh, my bad then.

The big sustained vocals near the end definitely have some help, in the TV performance you can clearly see that he stops singing to breathe while the vocals keep going. And it sounds the same in the concert video.

I thought that was a delay effect.

Maybe Muse saw this and didn't get the joke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh2QOiVT3Zo

Hmmm... it does have a guitar on a stand, too...

Im starting to think Matt has some kind of health problem because this is far too ridiculous...

Once I was looking for it, I certainly noticed it's not uncommon for bands, especially aging ones, to play a few songs, and then take a short break.

The difference was, these bands were talking to the audience, telling a story, doing that dumb "introduce the band" thing - they made it look like an organic part of the show, the breaks weren't always 4 minutes long either.

I'm trying to imagine what some casual who has no idea what NKOK thinks about what's going on here. How the hell does that come off with the frontman leaving the stage and watching a video of a guy dressed like Elvis singing a shitty song?

Probs Resistance and DI. Maybe The Handler and PIB.

Replacements: UD, Map, Bliss, Reapers, maybe Stockholm.

Maybe for Toronto, or R/L. MAYBE.

Other than possibly UD, those songs are dead and buried in the US. I'm surprised Orlando got PiB and expect it to be dropped.

So the hashtag that has started on twitter is #wewantlivemuse. I saw bunch of people using it to ask them to at least stop the NKoK nonsense. I'm sure Muse will ignore it and Tom will just mock the fans again, but I guess there's really no other way to be "heard."

Im starting to think Matt has some kind of health problem because this is far too ridiculous...

The thought crossed my mind as well but he seemed well enough playing 16/17 or even 18 songs during the festival tour in 2015 with just Munich Jam as his only consistent break to go off-stage.

Sooo...? idk

Maybe for Toronto, or R/L. MAYBE.

Other than possibly UD, those songs are dead and buried in the US. I'm surprised Orlando got PiB and expect it to be dropped.

I can be pessimistic and still expect too much apparently :chuckle:

Apparently he said in one of the recent interviews that there'll be plenty of riff-heavy songs at R/L 'cos it's a "rock festival" so I guess we'll see.

So the hashtag that has started on twitter is #wewantlivemuse. I saw bunch of people using it to ask them to at least stop the NKoK nonsense. I'm sure Muse will ignore it and Tom will just mock the fans again, but I guess there's really no other way to be "heard."

Joined in, for as much good as it'll do us/the fans going to these gigs.

Edited by Jobby

Had a listen to some songs from last night and he sounds pretty much the same as he did on the Arena tour; all falsetto for the Madness ending and the falsettos in The Handler sounded scratchy again, thought the break might have rejuvenated him a little. He seemed to be struggling quite a bit with Dead Inside in particular, I know he always has but it sounded even weaker than usual.

I can't believe what they're doing with NKOK, what the hell?

I was tempted to get a day ticket for Leeds but I'm just not sure it's worth the risk anymore.

I haven't seen the big number of clips but he sounded worse last year than on the clips from last night. Guess we'll see again a few shows down the line, mind.

I like New Kind of Kick tbf, plus I'm cool with it being done live. But emphasis on live. Playback vocal is going to go down in something approaching infamy.

The thought crossed my mind as well but he seemed well enough playing 16/17 or even 18 songs during the festival tour in 2015 with just Munich Jam as his only consistent break to go off-stage.

Sooo...? idk

I can be pessimistic and still expect too much apparently :chuckle:

Apparently he said in one of the recent interviews that there'll be plenty of riff-heavy songs at R/L 'cos it's a "rock festival" so I guess we'll see.

I guess until somebody asks about it, we won't get much of an answer, hence the increased likelihood for our own interpretations.

Last Reading/Leeds Festival set was 20 songs (whole Origin plus 3 each from TR, Black Holes and Abso) with a fair few bits of riffing. First one in 2006 was 15, with a Forced In intro before Bliss. Might well settle for something in-between tbh. I know Matt said a different production is being planned for these shows, so hopefully if its less video-reliant, as he suggested, there'll be less playback bollocks.

Although surely its rock festival credentials are pretty overdone now given there's an increased focus on their bill in recent years on dance and electronic acts?

Edited by forevermusic