Always thought piano Cave was pretty guff tbh. The bouncy piano style coupled with Matt's overly-hero vocals just made it sound silly imo. Falling Down's a waaay better example of how something like that can work and feel fresh.

Doublepost but, in case anyone cares, in that same interview where Soldier's Poem gets mentioned, Dom briefly touts the potential of doing a playthrough of TR for the 10th anniversary in 2019. Unclear how serious he is or if he's just throwing it out there but I can see it happening tbh. Massive album for their growth and could be a pretty free year for them, depending on how the LP8 touring schedule goes post-release. Matt's always wanted a 'right occasion' to play Exo in full as well.

Hardly my fave album but I'd go, just to check off MKU, IBTY and Exo if anything. Get an orchestra in, could be decent.

Meh. Would've been more interested in an Absolution 10th playthrough in 2013, although I suspect there wasn't really space for it in the tour schedule with all the T2L touring. Plus it would mean seeing Guiding Light live again. :chuckle:

Exogenesis in full as a nod to it would be cool though.

They won't tour with an orchestra

Oh god no, not for an actual tour. Could see them being up for it at a one-off gig though, 'specially for an album that has a 3-part symphony on it :chuckle:

But, yeah, may well not happen at all. Just thought I'd let peeps know that Dom had mentioned it.

Oh god no, not for an actual tour. Could see them being up for it at a one-off gig though, 'specially for an album that has a 3-part symphony on it :chuckle:

But, yeah, may well not happen at all. Just thought I'd let peeps know that Dom had mentioned it.

Was this the same interview that mentioned the idea behind including NKOK w/ that vocal play was an elaborate in-joke? I swear I saw something along those lines in a thread elsewhere, but I don't really remember. Maybe in my tired heat haze I imagined it. :chuckle:

Bit weird. A shame too as the rhythm section part sounds good, if not quite as good as the one for Munich Jam, which sounds oddly better sped up.

EDIT: Listening to the interview, I think I've either read the thread or initially heard the interview wrong. Or both. :chuckle:

Edited by forevermusic

Was this the same interview that mentioned the idea behind including NKOK w/ that vocal play was an elaborate in-joke? I swear I saw something along those lines in a thread elsewhere, but I don't really remember. Maybe in my tired heat haze I imagined it. :chuckle:

Same interview, yeah, but that's not exactly what happens. They're just discussing setlist plans (before the tour) and Matt says something like "If we're feeling weird, maybe we'll play some New Kind Of Kick" and laughs.

...then again, he does also say "We'll play a bigger range of material from all of our albums, it won't be too heavy on Drones" just before that so :rolleyes: Thankfully, the TR thing came from Dom though.

Edit: whoops nvm ya got it

Same interview, yeah, but that's not exactly what happens. They're just discussing setlist plans (before the tour) and Matt says something like "If we're feeling weird, maybe we'll play some New Kind Of Kick" and laughs.

...then again, he does also say "We'll play a bigger range of material from all of our albums, it won't be too heavy on Drones" just before that so :rolleyes: Thankfully, the TR thing came from Dom though.

Edit: whoops nvm ya got it

Yeah I think it was just me mis-reading a line in another thread as the actual quote. Oops. :chuckle:

• 5 months later...

Didn't they have a live performance of Supremacy with an orchestra?

Pretty sure the band have said they're planning on touring Europe next year, ya.

Fair enough. As indeed there was in the link above from Matt saying they're aiming to play Belgium next year.

Wonder if it might mean new production as well, given they'll have taken the Tetris blocks all over the place by then. Imagine it might well do if there's a new album out.

Rock Werchter 2018? :awesome:

Ugh if it is I'll be a fool and go because of what happened last time and get the worst set ever.

Sods law innit?

Didn't they have a live performance of Supremacy with an orchestra?

At the Brit Awards in 2013, yeah.

Full tour is different though. Or even full gigs. I remember Matt saying they wanted a full orchestra for Glastonbury in 2010 before they ultimately didn't play with one. Or even do any of Exo.

Kinda odd because it's the only single to be only played on it's album tour

Well, almost. Survival, Follow Me, In Your World and MKU (if you count that) are still in the same bracket. Hyper Music was for a long time as well. Invincible is one of the weirder ones though, I agree. Was Matt’s favourite off the album, at least at one point.