I wish i had friends who were into these kind of music / events. Even if they announce fucking U2 as the last headliner i'd happily go.

Spain has never had so many amazing festivals at the same time and im missing out on all of them :LOL:

Go alone, I'm not joking. Friends are easily made at festivals, ask on facebook event who's going alone and you'll find your new group of friends. If they suck find someone at camp, if they suck go alone. Fuck it, don't miss on bands you like cause of that

I've been to like 30 festivals in the last 12-13 years, went alone twice and those were among the best

Well, if there's meant to be an album out by next summer, then I'd have thought more newies than Dig Down would make the setlist.

Think it’s meant to be later than that, more towards the end of the year. That was back when they were still planning on focusing on regular single releases though iirc so plans could’ve changed, I guess. Either way, yeah, I’d be confident on a new single making the rounds by then.

Think it’s meant to be later than that, more towards the end of the year. That was back when they were still planning on focusing on regular single releases though iirc so plans could’ve changed, I guess. Either way, yeah, I’d be confident on a new single making the rounds by then.

Didn’t they say that they would release a new song every 3-4 months? And that was when Dig Down was released.

Maybe TRNSNT but probsbly not.

Would be a good shout tbf, but who knows. I know most of the 2 weekends are set in stone already.

If we're just idly speculating and Rock in Rio hints it'll be festivals next summer, maybe BST Hyde Park is an outside bet for an England show. Maybe. I would've been tempted to say Isle of Wight as a maybe given its been a while since Muse did there but that's now out given they have their bill out.

Speaking of, Depeche Mode and Liam Gallagher co-headlining the Saturday seems weird. Not least given DM are likely gonna be playing the longer set.

The interview on KROQ before the Almost Acoustic Christmas gig seems to be indicate that it'll be new singles during 2018 with an album at the end of the year, maybe early 2019.

But then, given the contradictions going on every time the subject comes up, who knows? :chuckle:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boring Roadie’s back on the road next week it seems. Chance of a surprise gig/leg for TC’s release, or more likely to be just another band?

Probs the latter but y’know. Muse don’t have any official dates ‘til April, seems a big gap between releasing a single and playing.

Snow Patrol were rumoured and it’s not them, can’t be Foos, can’t be Mumford, probably won’t be Green Day... doesn’t leave many options

Edit: ok I misread. Just that it’s clearly not been announced due to constraints such as, to coincide with an announcement by a band

Edited by Rustyy

Snow Patrol were rumoured and it’s not them, can’t be Foos, can’t be Mumford, probably won’t be Green Day... doesn’t leave many options

Edit: ok I misread. Just that it’s clearly not been announced due to constraints such as, to coincide with an announcement by a band

Will be Kendrick Lamar or some shit like R&L.

Will be Kendrick Lamar or some shit like R&L.

I may be wrong but I think Muse would be much more likely. This is only TRNSMT's second year so I'm not sure if it's big enough globally yet. Since it started all the headliners have been from the UK with the exception of the Killers who seem to have sort of thing for the UK.

Then again, if the Foo Fighters were getting rumoured then I might be way off the mark.

In conclusion: I have no idea.

I may be wrong but I think Muse would be much more likely. This is only TRNSMT's second year so I'm not sure if it's big enough globally yet. Since it started all the headliners have been from the UK with the exception of the Killers who seem to have sort of thing for the UK.

Then again, if the Foo Fighters were getting rumoured then I might be way off the mark.

In conclusion: I have no idea.

The point of it was to move away from the last years of T in the Park and that scene... so the acts they’ve booked have all generally been to a certain standard... Muse would fit in to that. It’s the same folk that did T, and T was the second biggest festival in the UK so going from thst I’m sure they have the pull to get Muse

I saw an interview at the NME Awards where Matt said they have some new technology not seen before on such tours ready to go. But at the same time, I saw the Rolling Stone featurette indicate the main tour is for 2019 with this year being just bits and bobs.

Might well just be this cluster of dates announced then with one or two others.

Confirmed just a few gigs this year, presumably what’s already announced. If this technology’s as groundbreaking as he says, it probs makes sense that they’ve had to go through all the logistics this early on. Plus big world tours are usually booked around a year+ in advance, no? So 2019 must be it.

Sets sometimes get a wee bit interesting in years like this though, might be worth going to one or two of these few gigs.

2014 - Agitated, Yes Please, Butterflies, Lithium, Muscle Museum (was meant to be iirc)

2011 - Soldier’s Poem, Megalomania, Space Dementia, Hyper Music, Micro Cuts, Screenager, Darkshines

2008 - Dead Star, Fury, Space Dementia, The Groove (instrumental)

Edited by Jobby