Well, Glen just liked one of my tweets about the short sets and heavy filler. So the message has at least been heard I guess, though we'll have to see to what extent.

Zilch apparently, since we're on course for the same 15 songs + filler formula.

Could've been a sarcastic like I suppose. Wasn't sure how to gauge it tbh :chuckle:

Zilch apparently, since we're on course for the same 15 songs + filler formula.

Could've been a sarcastic like I suppose. Wasn't sure how to gauge it tbh :chuckle:

Maybe the only part he saw was #wewantlivemuse and thought you just really wanted to go to the gig.

Just left Tampa, SS with Reapers intro AND outro was pretty cool as I was expecting the handler, would've loved Dead Inside but haven't seen UD since 2012 in London 😬😬

The lack of DI is a bit shocking, but alongside also missing Handler, makes me wonder if it's just gotten to that point that Matt's voice can't handle these things.

The lack of DI is a bit shocking, but alongside also missing Handler, makes me wonder if it's just gotten to that point that Matt's voice can't handle these things.

Yeah I was gonna say, having heard a video of the DI performance the other night it sounded like he was really struggling so not a huge surprise to see it dropped. Shame though, it's so much better live than UD.

EDIT: Is it me or are there playback backing vocals in Knights

Edited by heyjackk

Reapers Intro - Stockholm - Reapers Outro?

Just play Reapers ffs :LOL:

wtf :LOL:

I guess they could even play Reapers without the outro and go straight into SS, that would be cool.

Edited by White Heat

They should play Reapers intro - SS - Reapers outro then SS intro - Reapers - SS outro

Yeah I was gonna say, having heard a video of the DI performance the other night it sounded like he was really struggling so not a huge surprise to see it dropped. Shame though, it's so much better live than UD.

EDIT: Is it me or are there playback backing vocals in Knights

Yes I can hear the playback of the vocal from the album.

I guess they could even play Reapers without the outro and go straight into SS, that would be cool.

More than cool. :D

Full Reapers into Stockholm was done 5 times on the 2015 festival tour. Coincidentally 4 of those 5 were the best sets of the tour.

Full Reapers into Stockholm was done 5 times on the 2015 festival tour. Coincidentally 4 of those 5 were the best sets of the tour.

Rock Werchter memories :love:

What a fucking setlist that was. Kasabian was ace before them too

Rock Werchter memories :love:

What a fucking setlist that was. Kasabian was ace before them too

Probably my favourite Muse live experience since the whole thing was totally unexpected.

My gf started moshing during Kasabian and pushed some guys, who really did not like being pushed, and almost got us thrown out. :LOL:

On a slightly more positive note I like Dom's palm tree suit.

But yeah. The amount of non-live stuff is taking the piss.

I don't mind playback backing vocals, though it's a a bit shameful, because Matt is getting old - no escaping from it. Although in my opinon they should just change the way they play some songs. Lower key etc. Even if they sound different - it will be more genuine.

Now, NKOK is unacceptable and unforgivable.

There is no excuse for playback. None at all. If you can't make the songs work live, don't play them. Otherwise, adapt them - that's the whole point, it's LIVE music. You're not there for a recital of the album versions.

Backing tracks, fine, in certain songs - i.e. Bliss and the Hysteria bass. But when half the song is playback (which is what Dig Down sounds like), you have a serious problem.

Yeah it just seems like insecurity because they wanna keep their reputation as a great live band.

Insecurity sounds right. It's also things like dubbing the final note on Survival on the Rome DVD, it's just pathetic and unnecessary.

Muse's biggest problem as a live band, IMO, is that Matt is trying to be the frontman AND the full time, only guitarist. I think what they need to do is have a full time guitarist so that Matt can be free to roam the stage and be a frontman (which he obviously wants to do anyway), and then just have Matt play the guitar solos and some of his more signature parts.

I wouldn't say it's their biggest problem but yeah I've also had that thought. Not only to allow Matt to be lazy, but to add a dimension to a stagnating band by having two guitars. But that might just be my love for several guitars doing counter-melodies.

Except that would be utterly, utterly horrific.

Muse coped perfectly well as a three-piece until 2005, and as a perfectly good four-piece until 2009/10. Then it all started going wrong.

The essence of what made Muse's live show the best has been lost. It wasn't all about the 'show', it was about the virtuoso performance. The way Matt used to just strut to the front of the stage and unleash that tapping solo in New Born, or the extended bits in B&H live, or the build-up in Take A Bow, or the increasingly ridiculous Sunburn piano solo. THAT was impressive and exciting live.

Vague, half-arsed, shitty theatrics and stadium show cliché is just awful - and they're absolutely terrible at it.

EDIT: to podiumboy.