Spirit airlines just came out with their fall flights and it's $150 to Denver... Red Rocks is my bucket list venue, and I've wanted to make up for not getting to do anything in CO last time due to it, of course, severely flooding while I was there... (Not even Casa Bonita.) My ability to travel is already severely impaired and will quickly get worse.

Of course, a 30STM/Muse gig is basically the "bands I used to really like that now immensely piss me off" Tour... :erm:

I'm honestly not sure which I enjoyed less, Muse in Philly or 30STM on the Carnivores Tour.

I wonder if any better bands are playing out there... :chuckle:

I forgot about that but honestly I'll take it at this point, my Drones set got AP so any piano song besides USoE is a treat at this point

I don't like Eurasia and all but, Christ, I'd take it over Feely G every day for the rest of my life. It became a meme a long time ago but it's somehow managed to get even worse from that point. I wasn't even mad when it started at London last year, it just made me legit kinda sad. Like a really old pet that's been a bit funky for a long time but now the family's finally like "okay it needs putting down".

BH&R remastered and played in its entirety at R&L, that's my bet :stunned:

Ah, someone to carry on my recently deceased heart's mantle.

Then again, if y'all think my days of delusion are completely behind me, watch this:

All the pics/teases we've had so far have been of Dom and drums only, even in Matt's lil video from January. Black Holes remaster with re-recorded drums confirmed.

(in all seriousness tho, that is a bit weird)

Tbf I'm surprised Muse haven't released a remaster of any of their albums by now. Maybe its a Showbiz one? :chuckle:

I'd be up for a Black Holes one tbf, if only because I feel the production on the two Rich Costey albums is a little overdone.

Tbh I don't think enough time has passed to warrant that yet. Maybe in 5-10 years.

Also if I'm not mistaken, there is an acoustic guitar based song in the album, and the only thing we've seen from Matt is him playing one on Instagram. Ahh we're all in City Of Delusion
Wait, you mean you can't remember if there's an acoustic song on the album :p

Well, you never know! You might miss something if you don't take a chance.

Plus, it's good to keep your expectations realistic. No point in talking yourself into expecting Download Part 2: Heavy Boogaloo when a 90 minute run of the hits is far more likely.

Well, you never know! You might miss something if you don't take a chance.

Plus, it's good to keep your expectations realistic. No point in talking yourself into expecting Download Part 2: Heavy Boogaloo when a 90 minute run of the hits is far more likely.

The question made by Zepp doesn't change, even in this case: if you think a 90-min set full of hits is more likely, why wasting money on it?

Just so that in the end you could say: "Bahh, they haven't played what I wanted, they're lazy, they don't play their 'old glories' anymore, hurrdurrdurr...", and confirm your theories about it?

Seriously, sometimes our fanbase baffles me...

I sorta understand the logic. Muse gigs are almost always a gamble that you have to take for the chance to see any good/special songs. If that gamble's worth the money to you, then fair enough imo. That said, if you know that risk going in, I don't think you can moan unless you get something actively below the established standard. There are obvs exceptions but that's generally the rule I go by.

Personally, with it being the only European gig this year (atm at least), I reckon it'll at least be something really solid but there's nowt to indicate it'll be actively special yet.

The question made by Zepp doesn't change, even in this case: if you think a 90-min set full of hits is more likely, why wasting money on it?

Just so that in the end you could say: "Bahh, they haven't played what I wanted, they're lazy, they don't play their 'old glories' anymore, hurrdurrdurr...", and confirm your theories about it?

Seriously, sometimes our fanbase baffles me...

It's entirely possible to enjoy the show and enjoy the hits for what they are (fucking great songs, at the end of the day) while simultaneously being somewhat annoyed you didn't get a rare song / album in full / etc. And it's very easy to post hyperbolic comments online about how shit they've been since 200x but actually; when you see them live, who gives a fuck? Even if it's a list full of songs you've already heard at least five times or whatever other metric you need to put on it, does it really matter? No. They're still fantastic. And that's why I drop the money on it.

Edited by Wraffah