I think even if they don't planned something special for reading like in 2011, it will be as you said quite solid, i don't think it will be hits only. The setlist will be more rockier that glastonbury i think. Plus, reading always had better setlist than the average setlist palyed at these times.

Anyway Marc Carolan posted this pic today on twitter, could be muse related or not obviously

"Mixing. #verybigssl"

C6zCqvLXAAQxPod.jpg

Edited by titoufou17

recording new material, but not a full album.

however, they've been in the studio much longer than it would take to record just one measly single in advance of whatever comprises their full 2017 gig roster.

teensy bit of hope for a 3-4 song EP? digital release? physical?

I'm still banking on a double A-side, or maybe two singles released at different points in the year. One acoustic-based and another more standard fare, either rock or pop.

Two main sessions a month apart that we know about in LA then finishing touches + mixing at Air. One song recorded each month makes sense to me. They could've slapped in Lies or Sign O' The Times but I feel like the time's passed tbh, and I doubt they even remember the latter.

Edited by Jobby

Couldn't it be just a cover EP? It's as unlikely as releasing 3 or 4 random songs i'd say :LOL:

I'm still banking on a double A-side, or maybe two singles released at different points in the year.

Two main sessions a month apart that we know about in LA then finishing touches + mixing at Air. One song recorded each month makes sense to me. They could've slapped in Lies or Sign O' The Times but I feel like the time's passed tbh, and I doubt they even remember the latter.

yeah -- more than likely just a song or two. don't know if they'd be covers or not.

not that the comparison is apt, but coldplay's releasing a five-track EP in june comprised largely of fecal material from their last LP BM...so one never knows...

there wasn't much extra material that got axed from drones, tho.

This was posted on the Muse subreddit, and I'm not sure how legit it is, but according to this instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRljF3clyFP/, three songs being recorded, one heavy, and two non-heavy.

No idea who this guy is, so if anybody else knows that would be great.

Seems legit indeed.

And in all honesty, I'm tremendously looking forward to hear how the two non-heavy songs are gonna sound like.

God, it's nice to finally start getting some info :happy: This the shit I been waiting for.

Now all we need is for someone to ask about possible extra gigs...

Seems legit indeed.

And in all honesty, I'm tremendously looking forward to hear how the two non-heavy songs are gonna sound like.

S'pose the obvious guess would be one acoustic, one rock and rock pop? I feel like the acoustic one could actually be the 'kinda heavy' one though, ala Nature_1 and COD.

God, it's nice to finally start getting some info :happy: This the shit I been waiting for.

Now all we need is for someone to ask about possible extra gigs...

I guess the obvious guess would be one acoustic, one rock and rock pop? I feel like the acoustic one could actually be the 'kinda heavy' one though, ala Nature_1 and COD.

I'd prefer more if they will be two mainly acoustic ones bookending the heavy one. Also, another shot at Screenager style, rather than COD, would be welcome.

As a fan of the studio material? Awesome.

As a live fan? I'll wait for a couple setlists to come out but if they continue with the trend of playing 16-18 songs a night with a sense of obligation to continue playing every hit they've ever had+whatever they're touring, I dread new material because there's already far too much that we're not getting at the live shows and I highly doubt their touring habits are going to take a complete 180 anytime soon.

This was posted on the Muse subreddit, and I'm not sure how legit it is, but according to this instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRljF3clyFP/, three songs being recorded, one heavy, and two non-heavy.

No idea who this guy is, so if anybody else knows that would be great.

The guy who met them in those pics is a bit of an... Idiot but no reason to think the info isn't legit.

As a fan of the studio material? Awesome.

As a live fan? I'll wait for a couple setlists to come out but if they continue with the trend of playing 16-18 songs a night with a sense of obligation to continue playing every hit they've ever had+whatever they're touring, I dread new material because there's already far too much that we're not getting at the live shows and I highly doubt their touring habits are going to take a complete 180 anytime soon.

the word now is that the bulk of material has been recorded for LP8, so perhaps your fears can be assuaged a tad...?

the word now is that the bulk of material has been recorded for LP8, so perhaps your fears can be assuaged a tad...?

Where's that coming from? Sounds super far-fetched to me.

Band apparently told someone just the other day they aren't recording for a new album.

Edited by Jobby

Where's that coming from? Sounds super far-fetched to me.

Band apparently told someone just the other day they aren't recording for a new album.

the guy who was told that three songs had been recorded replied to a comment in a FB post and stated that he was told all three songs were for LP8.

lots of hearsay going on there, lol.

the guy who was told that three songs had been recorded replied to a comment in a FB post and stated that he was told all three songs were for LP8.

lots of hearsay going on there, lol.

:erm: I'm wondering if he's just wrongly assumed that, or misunderstood something maybe.

No way in my mind any of this stuff's for LP8. Given what they apparently said to the first person/people to catch them outside Air and Matt saying late last year that a new album wouldn't be out 'til at least 2018 but that they might do a couple of songs in between. That, and it just doesn't make sense to record and mix three songs, go on tour for most of the year, and then do the rest of the album.

No way in my mind any of this stuff's for LP8. Given what they apparently said to the first person/people to catch them outside Air and Matt saying late last year that a new album wouldn't be out 'til at least 2018 but that they might do a couple of songs in between. That, and it just doesn't make sense to record and mix three songs, go on tour for most of the year, and then do the rest of the album.

it's hard to imagine they'd be recording LP8 material right now. history tells a lot, and recording new album material right now just doesn't fit in with their ostensible 'cycle'...

I suppose it wouldn't hurt for an official word. Although I like the idea of a surprise EP drop.

speaking of cycles, why not an EP to mix things up a bit?

I think we'll have to hold on for one month and a half or two months at least before we get to listen to these new tracks. Which isn't so far, by the way.

Meh, could be, can't deny it. Why proactively get it finished for mid-March if you're just gonna let it sit there for a couple of months though? I've been a bit generous through this whole thing but I'm gonna go with early/mid-April, so around 3/4 weeks (just in time for 'dem Easter hols :awesome:).

Thankfully though, it does look like we'll definitely be getting something in time for the amphitheatre tour.