Nice! I'm hoping for another world tour next year. I need to see them again at least one time when something isn't holding back my enjoyment. :p Next Muse concert I will make sure to not repeat the same mistakes from the last two.

They'll probs be working on LP8 for most of next year. Wouldn't expect a world tour to start until v late 2018 or early 2019, assuming they don't do a round of festivals first.

They'll probs be working on LP8 for most of next year. Wouldn't expect a world tour to start until v late 2018 or early 2019, assuming they don't do a round of festivals first.

You're probably right, but would be awesome if we got a visit to Scandinavia in 2018 at least. If they start one in late 2018, there's a good chance they might be coming here next year. :happy:

I'm just getting more and more into them. Been watching live videos nonstop the last few days and a few making of-vids. Aaah, love it. :musesign:

Well, we've still got whatever they've been recording to drop (which I'd assume must be v soon) and I still reckon it'd be super odd for them to drop some new music without playing any gigs for, like, 3 months. They've always started/been gigging just about as soon as they release something tmk.

So, weirdly enough, it's actually my logic and not my heart telling me something's gonna happen for once :chuckle:

Do we know anything else about them recording other than that instagram pic of Dom on the kit? Just seemed like something to stir hype

What else is there to know? :chuckle:

They're recording (probs finished now actually) and have been, seemingly, since early/mid January. Ain't really much else they can tease other than what it sounds like and a release date but it looks like they're just gonna drop it instead unless they start teasing again soon, since I'm guessing it'll be out within the next couple of weeks.

Edit: Well, actually, I suppose there were the 'acoustic' teases. God knows if or how much that'll end up being incorporated though.

Edited by Jobby

What else is there to know? :chuckle:

They're recording (probs finished now actually) and have been, seemingly, since early/mid January. Ain't really much else they can tease other than what it sounds like and a release date but it looks like they're just gonna drop it instead unless they start teasing again soon, since I'm guessing it'll be out within the next couple of weeks.

Edit: Well, actually, I suppose there were the 'acoustic' teases. God knows if or how much that'll end up being incorporated though.

I have a feeling they're going to release the new material just a little bit before the beginning of the new tour, and that they won't tease anything until April. :(

I have a feeling they're going to release the new material just a little bit before the beginning of the new tour, and that they won't tease anything until April. :(

Be a bit odd to start teasing for it as early as January 13th if that were the case, no? 'Specially to then tease it again a month later only to go dark for a couple of months. I mean, it's only an EP at absolute best (and more likely to just be a single or double A-side).

Be a bit odd to start teasing for it as early as January 13th if that were the case, no? 'Specially to then tease it again a month later only to go dark for a couple of months. I mean, it's only an EP at absolute best (and more likely to just be a single or double A-side).

Uhm... I think it might really be a stand-out EP (and not just a double A-side) if they're letting pass so much time from one teaser to the other. If with Drones they documented all the recording days with a photo or an audio teaser, this time they may have just decided to keep things more obscure and increase the surprise effect.

Uhm... I think it might really be a stand-out EP (and not just a double A-side) if they're letting pass so much time from one teaser to the other. If with Drones they documented all the recording days with a photo or an audio teaser, this time they may have just decided to keep things more obscure and increase the surprise effect.

I'm not ruling out an EP but I would be super surprised, since it is supposed to be a pretty laid back year for them and Matt didn't seem overly eager to start getting seriously into writing again yet (the "one or two songs, if we can be arsed" comment).

Not totally sure I understand what you mean about the time passing thing? Just depends on when they can/wanna get into the studio really. So far, we know of two sessions, each a month apart. Could either be one song split over two sessions or one songs for each but, unless we start seeing evidence of more sessions, there aren't any signs of it being a full EP yet imo.

Why would they re-record overdubs? That awful(ly obvious) overdub in the Rome dvd had the studio vocal of Survival.

Some bands really do push it out there - I remember that I had a Rolling Stones CD once where I found out the suspiciously excellent vocal from 50-something-year-old Mick Jagger on Street Fighting Man was actually a product of a trip to the studio months before the live album's release, long after the gig.

It wouldn't be anything like that with Matt, more likely a botched Defector solo that needed replacing or something (and even then, you're right, they'd probably use the studio version). That post was just my attempt to think of the worst-case scenario for the recent studio work (aside from it just coming to nothing at all). I do think it's most likely to be a single.

I know this never usually involves the drummer but what if it's all just studio overdubs for the tour dvd release :ninja:

Then I doubt they'd be teasing it on every social media outlet they're on :chuckle:

Why would they re-record overdubs? That awful(ly obvious) overdub in the Rome dvd had the studio vocal of Survival.

Haven't listened to the Rome audio since it came out but lmao thanks for that reminder

There absolutely are acts that record a "live" track for their gigs in the studio, but it would be weird to do that for post-production on a DVD...

And if they've finally decided to go full lazy and pre-record their gig audio, hopefully they wouldn't be stupid enough to advertise it. :chuckle:

I still for some reason find it really hard to believe they're recording anything for release soon.