Where's that coming from? Sounds super far-fetched to me.

Band apparently told someone just the other day they aren't recording for a new album.

the guy who was told that three songs had been recorded replied to a comment in a FB post and stated that he was told all three songs were for LP8.

lots of hearsay going on there, lol.

the guy who was told that three songs had been recorded replied to a comment in a FB post and stated that he was told all three songs were for LP8.

lots of hearsay going on there, lol.

:erm: I'm wondering if he's just wrongly assumed that, or misunderstood something maybe.

No way in my mind any of this stuff's for LP8. Given what they apparently said to the first person/people to catch them outside Air and Matt saying late last year that a new album wouldn't be out 'til at least 2018 but that they might do a couple of songs in between. That, and it just doesn't make sense to record and mix three songs, go on tour for most of the year, and then do the rest of the album.

I'm thinking one acoustic ballad with kinda Unintended vibes, one synth-pop/rock thing and one 'heavy' glam-ish track like Uprising or Psycho. Pretty pleased though, was genuinely not expecting anything at all even with all the hints :happy:

No way in my mind any of this stuff's for LP8. Given what they apparently said to the first person/people to catch them outside Air and Matt saying late last year that a new album wouldn't be out 'til at least 2018 but that they might do a couple of songs in between. That, and it just doesn't make sense to record and mix three songs, go on tour for most of the year, and then do the rest of the album.

it's hard to imagine they'd be recording LP8 material right now. history tells a lot, and recording new album material right now just doesn't fit in with their ostensible 'cycle'...

I suppose it wouldn't hurt for an official word. Although I like the idea of a surprise EP drop.

speaking of cycles, why not an EP to mix things up a bit?

I suppose it wouldn't hurt for an official word. Although I like the idea of a surprise EP drop.

I think we'll have to hold on for one month and a half or two months at least before we get to listen to these new tracks. Which isn't so far, by the way.

I think we'll have to hold on for one month and a half or two months at least before we get to listen to these new tracks. Which isn't so far, by the way.

Meh, could be, can't deny it. Why proactively get it finished for mid-March if you're just gonna let it sit there for a couple of months though? I've been a bit generous through this whole thing but I'm gonna go with early/mid-April, so around 3/4 weeks (just in time for 'dem Easter hols :awesome:).

Thankfully though, it does look like we'll definitely be getting something in time for the amphitheatre tour.

So Boring Roadie posts this

Has what looks like an Avalon preamp (which Muse are known to use), could be tour rehearsals?

Nah, doubt it's owt Muse, personally.

Think he's still on tour with another band atm and his last tweets are about him being out of the country. Plus, Dom sounded like he was going on holiday somewhere as soon as the mixing was done.

Re: new material/LP 8.

I can't get the thought of a greatest hits album with a couple of new songs so that it will sell out of my brain. That's my bet.

Sooooo there's a chance I might be in London on Friday/Saturday...

Y'all know what I'm getting at. Should I pop round Air?

(or is that weird)

(and are they even still there?)

(does anybody know)

I can't get the thought of a greatest hits album with a couple of new songs so that it will sell out of my brain. That's my bet.

Hadn't thought about that before, guess it could be possible. Three new songs on a greatest hits album would be a bit much though, no? I could only see them doing one, maybe two. Either way though, new stuff is new stuff :awesome:

It's entirely possible to enjoy the show and enjoy the hits for what they are (fucking great songs, at the end of the day) while simultaneously being somewhat annoyed you didn't get a rare song / album in full / etc. And it's very easy to post hyperbolic comments online about how shit they've been since 200x but actually; when you see them live, who gives a fuck? Even if it's a list full of songs you've already heard at least five times or whatever other metric you need to put on it, does it really matter? No. They're still fantastic. And that's why I drop the money on it.

This. So this. Everything you said. Completely agree with you.

Also, I'd like to add that it's easy to complain when you're not in the shoes of the person or people being complained about. But hey, that's just my opinion.

(or is that weird)

(does anybody know)

Tell them you're american and ask them to play your favourite songs, Feeling Good and Plug In Baby, at every US show.

Also, I'd like to add that it's easy to complain when you're not in the shoes of the person or people being complained about.

So your point is "it's easy to complain about Muse if you're not Muse :rolleyes:"?

It's entirely possible to enjoy the show and enjoy the hits for what they are (fucking great songs, at the end of the day) while simultaneously being somewhat annoyed you didn't get a rare song / album in full / etc. And it's very easy to post hyperbolic comments online about how shit they've been since 200x but actually; when you see them live, who gives a fuck? Even if it's a list full of songs you've already heard at least five times or whatever other metric you need to put on it, does it really matter? No. They're still fantastic. And that's why I drop the money on it.

Absolutely, but then I don't understand why you'd call that "the audovisual equivalent of flushing £90 down a toilet". Unless you have a really awesome toilet system.

Also, I'd like to add that it's easy to complain when you're not in the shoes of the person or people being complained about. But hey, that's just my opinion.

come again?

So your point is "it's easy to complain about Muse if you're not Muse :rolleyes:"?

It's what I wrote, but the point goes a little beyond that, as points usually do. I started elaborating about it, but deleted it. No point. That's why I added "my opinion". Feel free to disagree.

Cows can fly and the sun orbits the earth. It's my opinion, feel free to disagree.

I will, as I believe that cows do not fly. That is evident by their lack of wings. The earth has been proven to orbit the sun, so that's not really debatable.

I will, as I believe that cows do not fly. That is evident by their lack of wings. The earth has been proven to orbit the sun, so that's not really debatable.
but it's his opinion

This is like watching two bald men fight over a comb.

So, if we assume this is an EP they have been recording, what are the chances of them springing some small promo tour in UK/EU? Or is it like, all but confirmed the NA is all we're getting?

So, if we assume this is an EP they have been recording, what are the chances of them springing some small promo tour in UK/EU? Or is it like, all but confirmed the NA is all we're getting?

Definitely possible but literally everything is up in the air atm.

Kinda surprised that it seems like no one who's met them has asked. Last we heard of more small gigs was Matt 'promising' to come back and play Showbiz at one in Paris ages ago and then mentioning maybe looking into doing some kind of requests tour for more hardcore fans towards the end of their 2016 touring.

(or is that weird)

(does anybody know)

If you're going to be in London anyway, why not? They may not be there but you could ask the staff if Muse were recording material for a new album.

Hadn't thought about that before, guess it could be possible. Three new songs on a greatest hits album would be a bit much though, no? I could only see them doing one, maybe two. Either way though, new stuff is new stuff :awesome:

If you're going to be in London anyway, why not? They may not be there but you could ask the staff if Muse were recording material for a new album.

The earth has been proven to orbit the sun, so that's not really debatable.

Actually they both orbit the the center of mass of the system you study.It just happens, if you just take only these two masses, Earth's to be significantly smaller than the Sun's so it might be confusing. Sorry just had to do it #partypooper

Jobby ask them if they even remember TSP pls :D