I remember Trent Reznor hetting angry when Biffy headlined and R&L and he'd never heard of them. Surely they would've known trrough contracts and stuff though that they weren't headlining?

I remember Trent Reznor once taking a shit in one of Muse's equipment boxes.

The Weeknd let his ego get the best of him: he got pissy with not being first on the lineup poster, pitched fit on Monday night, and backed out.

Pretty nice to be able to say, ehhh, screw $1M+ for one gig...over...the size of a friggin' font!

Sad thing is: that sort of thing happens all the time with a certain handful of big-name artists.

Really? That's pretty mad.

I've seen no mention of it, although I had seen a rumour that got the other headliners bang on from Monday that said he was doing it. Which one would he have been on - Killers/Blink day or XX/Alt-J day?

I remember Trent Reznor hetting angry when Biffy headlined and R&L and he'd never heard of them. Surely they would've known trrough contracts and stuff though that they weren't headlining?

Yes I recall both that and criticism that he did a half-arsed performance in that set.

I remember Trent Reznor once taking a shit in one of Muse's equipment boxes.

What? :LOL:

What? :LOL:

It was from an article I read a few years ago where Trent was recalling some festival they played and that he took a shit in an equipment box belonging to "some band called Muse". I think it was some point in the NIN Fragile tour era which corresponds to the release of Showbiz to the end of OoS, so Muse would've been reasonably small, especially in the US.

It was from an article I read a few years ago where Trent was recalling some festival they played and that he took a shit in an equipment box belonging to "some band called Muse". I think it was some point in the NIN Fragile tour era which corresponds to the release of Showbiz to the end of OoS, so Muse would've been reasonably small, especially in the US.

Delightful.

:LOL: This is entirely plausible; NIN and Muse were both at the Werchter, Quart, and Eurockeennes festivals in 2000 on the same days. I do seem to remember Trent was a public fan of Muse around the Resistance era though, so no hard feelings?

Really? That's pretty mad.

I've seen no mention of it, although I had seen a rumour that got the other headliners bang on from Monday that said he was doing it. Which one would he have been on - Killers/Blink day or XX/Alt-J day?

i realize this is getting off-topic a bit, but since you asked for info, here it is: the killers were the last-minute replacement for the weeknd, so -- the killers/blink day.

kanye was also originally committed to being in the lineup, but when he canceled his tour, the xx moved up in the billing. however, kanye wouldn't have played against chance on saturday; rather, kanye would've played saturday vs. justice with chance (a chicago native) moving to sunday vs. arcade fire to close out the festival.

in muse news, oftentimes headlining lolla acts will also headline ACL festival (produced by the same company) in late sept./early oct. not going to be the case this year with muse (unless drastic changes transpire in the coming weeks, which, given then the volatility in the industry, is always a possibility...).

New date confirmed. They're playing Kaaboo Del Mar in San Diego at some point on September 15-17 (show is same weekend as Shoreline Amphitheatre on the 15th, while they're playing Red Rocks on Monday 18th).

i realize this is getting off-topic a bit, but since you asked for info, here it is: the killers were the last-minute replacement for the weeknd, so -- the killers/blink day.

kanye was also originally committed to being in the lineup, but when he canceled his tour, the xx moved up in the billing. however, kanye wouldn't have played against chance on saturday; rather, kanye would've played saturday vs. justice with chance (a chicago native) moving to sunday vs. arcade fire to close out the festival.

in muse news, oftentimes headlining lolla acts will also headline ACL festival (produced by the same company) in late sept./early oct. not going to be the case this year with muse (unless drastic changes transpire in the coming weeks, which, given then the volatility in the industry, is always a possibility...).

Oh ok. So all sounds like a bit of last minute reshuffles in slightly weird fashion.

I wasn't aware Lolla/ACL shared headliners from time to time... maybe it'll happen. Last time Muse did ACL in 2013, they announced they were doing it in early May so still a while to wait yet.

^Tour dates at .mu has Kaaboo on the 16th. I know that's not exactly a confirmation, but it's a ~15 hour drive from San Diego to Denver, so... kinda doubt it'll be the 17th.

That sounds pretty weird to me.

Yeah it was back when iTunes had some kind of artists feature where you could see what other musicians were buying/recommending, and The Resistance was on Trent's list. Wouldn't surprise me if he actually had nothing to do with it, in hindsight.

Edited by halo eighteen

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, I'd go. Tiny fest in Europe definitely has potential. Might fulfill that Assassin promise from the Psycho Tour this time as well.

Official shit is starting to happen and I'm not even hyped :( burnt meself out