Also, people are griping about Slipknot (which is not a good omen for the Muse announcement!) because they headlined in 2013 and 2009, but they've got a seriously rotating setlist going on, as well as a new stage show for the first time in 9 years, so I think it's a good call.

Besides, there's a really small pool of heavier bands available who are big enough to headline a festival like Download, so bands are bound to come up every few years. It's probably why they've booked Muse, as well - the organisers are having to branch out a little because they're running out of bands!

Same actually. Afterall, they do have much worse songs that are/have been live staples.

But if anything, all these festival slots mean that the album kind of has to be pretty heavy and (dare I say it?) consistent at that.

Doesn't have to be consistently heavy - just write/play 4/5 heavy songs, and then play the heavier classics. All Muse need to make it work is to avoid a cheesestreak and maybe beef up a few oldies (although a death metal version of Starlight might be a step too far), and it might be gotten away with.

or play b-sides like In Your World or something.. Fury..

probably will not happen at a festival, but you never know with these idiots. :LOL:

Today was rumored that Muse would be announced for Pinkpop as first headliner, but didn't happen( Foo Fighters were announced for Pinkpop and Rock Werchter). might be tomorrow along with Download? it's in the same weekend.

The comments section on Downloads Facebook page is definitely worth a read, it's certainly making me laugh :LOL: Seems the verdict is very much split, dare I say it but I'm sure those against will have the opinions changed come next summer as I have seen many metal fans turned once they see Muse live (myself included!)

Zero. It's the Download way.

Thing is, it's not really.

In 6 years of attending Download, I've never seen anyone bottle anyone. That might just be my decent taste in bands to watch, but I still doubt it would go that far. The people who aren't interested in seeing Muse just won't go watch them rather than bother to go along and toss a bottle at them, and that's fine - all the more space for me!

Thing is, it's not really.

In 6 years of attending Download, I've never seen anyone bottle anyone. That might just be my decent taste in bands to watch, but I still doubt it would go that far. The people who aren't interested in seeing Muse just won't go watch them rather than bother to go along and toss a bottle at them, and that's fine - all the more space for me!

Fair enough. I've never actually been to Download so it was more of a sarcastic comment anyway.

I seem to remember reading that My Chemical Romance had a few missiles sent their way in 2007 when they headlined. I don't think Muse will have anything thrown at them though - they're not that badly hated. The reaction has been mostly positive from what I've seen anyway.

Fair enough. I've never actually been to Download so it was more of a sarcastic comment anyway.

I seem to remember reading that My Chemical Romance had a few missiles sent their way in 2007 when they headlined. I don't think Muse will have anything thrown at them though - they're not that badly hated. The reaction has been mostly positive from what I've seen anyway.

Looked quite bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsFK4eZoF2w

Edit: But not as bad as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL1dvdGoOvk

So can we now rule out Glastonbury?