So all 4 headliners are announced for Bestival, Muse were strongly rumoured as the Friday headline but now previously announced act Duran Duran have been bumped up to that position. This suggest something fell through with booking it.

However there is still a "very special guest" to be announced on Saturday who is playing before The Chemical Brothers and Annie Mac which could potentially be Muse, a twitter conversation with the Bestival page went like this:

Carolyn Littleton Is this all the headliners or is there still one to be announced that will follow Duran Duran on Friday?

Like · Reply · 2 hrs

Bestival All headliners now announced but we still have a very special guest to announce plus a selection of other acts across the line-up smile emoticon

Like · 4 · 2 hrs

Carolyn Littleton Is there is a spot for Muse or is this ruled out now? smile emoticon

Like · 3 · 2 hrs

Callum Baker are muse there or not gawwwd

Like · 1 · 2 hrs

Bestival we still have a very special guest to announce!

Like · 3 · 1 hr

Carolyn Littleton Eeek!!!! I can't stand the anticipation!!!! smile emoticon

Like · 1 · 1 hr

Carolyn Littleton So excited... love Bestival!! xxx

Like · 1 · 1 hr

Con Mc Allister So muse are telling lies then.

Like · Reply · 3 · 4 hrs

Chris Eames Looks like it. Gutted AF.

Like · 2 hrs

Bestival we still have a very special guest to announce!

Like · 5 · 1 hr

It's strange for Matt to say they're playing Bestival and pretty odd for the twitter page to post teasers like that. Maybe Muse could only play the Saturday at Bestival but since The Chemical Brothers were previously announced as that days headliners they could only play underneath them.

It could well be Muse play a pretty short set (1 hour to 75 minutes) then Annie Mac play while the production is set up for The Chemical Brothers and then The Chems close the day off

Way too much time between album release and tour date announcements, imo.

Things are just starting to feel a bit anti-climatic, or like old news, or something.

I know I was really panicking about probably not being able to go, and now even then I'm just like, "meh."

No new info on tour dates, haven't gotten the rest of the lyrics videos yet. Even the board is dead again.

In other news, I like the "drones suits" better as a jacket and pants. Much better. Still gives a similar impression, without being as awkward.

Of course, I also read that they did it because of the go-karting jokes, and part of me is :noey: giving in to peer pressure... :chuckle:

Way too much time between album release and tour date announcements, imo.

In other news, I like the "drones suits" better as a jacket and pants. Much better. Still gives a similar impression, without being as awkward.

Of course, I also read that they did it because of the go-karting jokes, and part of me is :noey: giving in to peer pressure... :chuckle:

Agreed, Ive been really wishing they would just wear normal clothes for a show and then noticed they made it into jacket/pants combo...i think they're gonna look back at the original ones from the first Psycho tour with the red lines on it and think "wtf were we doing?' lol

I saw a pic of it yesterday, and thought it was perfect, tbh. It gives the illusion of being military clothing, or even a flight suit, and gets the point across while also still being, technically, a regular outfit, as well.

I imagine a lot of the crowd didn't get the significance of it, anyways.

Matt saying the point of the suits was that the fighter pilots should do the killing instead of autonomous drones also made my brain hurt.

I worked on Judas Priest and Toto concerts in Belgrade last 2 nights and met some concert organisators and I caught one of them talking about Muse over the phone when I was 5 meters behind him so I stayed there and tried to hear more (not creepy at all) and he said something like: "...we can do similar thing with Muse like we did with Peppers" so I decided to ask him about Muse and he said that they are tying to get them to play big open air concert next May or June and they want that to be that one concert that everybody wants to go*

*that's the concert that gets promotion like no other that year. This year it was Robbie Williams (:rolleyes:), last year it was Iron Maiden, before that Depeche Mode, RHCP, Metallica...

I worked on Judas Priest and Toto concerts in Belgrade last 2 nights and met some concert organisators and I caught one of them talking about Muse over the phone when I was 5 meters behind him so I stayed there and tried to hear more (not creepy at all) and he said something like: "...we can do similar thing with Muse like we did with Peppers" so I decided to ask him about Muse and he said that they are tying to get them to play big open air concert next May or June and they want that to be that one concert that everybody wants to go*

*that's the concert that gets promotion like no other that year. This year it was Robbie Williams (:rolleyes:), last year it was Iron Maiden, before that Depeche Mode, RHCP, Metallica...

Umrecu od srece ako se to desi. :)

Or, in English: I will go fucking nuts if this happens.

Interesting. Have Muse ever played Serbia before?

In 2007 in Kombank (Belgrade then) Arena, there were like 7 or 8k people but big problem was that they did absolutely no promotion. Back then Muse was band that I like and nothing more and I've heard about concert 3 days before it. When I talked to people after the concert or next few years about Muse people were like: "I hope they'll come someday, they never played here" and they get shocked when I tell them: "Yeah, they did... 4 months ago"

That rhcp show was crazy. Like 6 months before they started to have tv shows and specials about that. It was almost like: If you don't go there, you suck!" :LOL: That year Rolling Stones came to. Probably one more reason why nobody knew about Muse and why even if you knew about that they didn't have money to pay tickets

Umrecu od srece ako se to desi. :)

Or, in English: I will go fucking nuts if this happens.

:LOL:

I tried to have poker face but inside I was like (OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD I'LL SUCK YOUR **** IF YOU GET THEM)

I don't know if this means anything but eventim.rs has Muse, Kings of Leon (they canceled exit festival 2 times in last 10 years) Taylor Swift and Justin TImberlake (they tried to get him in 2013 and it failed for some reason) on ticket alarm.

In 2007 in Kombank (Belgrade then) Arena, there were like 7 or 8k people but big problem was that they did absolutely no promotion. Back then Muse was band that I like and nothing more and I've heard about concert 3 days before it. When I talked to people after the concert or next few years about Muse people were like: "I hope they'll come someday, they never played here" and they get shocked when I tell them: "Yeah, they did... 4 months ago"

That rhcp show was crazy. Like 6 months before they started to have tv shows and specials about that. It was almost like: If you don't go there, you suck!" :LOL: That year Rolling Stones came to. Probably one more reason why nobody knew about Muse and why even if you knew about that they didn't have money to pay tickets

Ah it was this gig. Interestingly, the MuseWiki page mentions that Matt said in a Q magazine interview is was one of his favourite gigs of the year, which is not bad for a year that included the first Wembley dates, a Paris stadium gig, their first US and Australian arena dates, and opening for RATM in Vegas. Could've been longer than 15 songs though... clearly some things never change. :chuckle:

Blimey that's a hell of a vibe. Be quite a contrast if Muse's first Serbian gig in 8/9 years is that kind of super-mega-show.

Just seen the prices for the Bangkok show. £85 each for front standing, and some of the seating options are even more than that, and I don't know if that includes booking fees, etc. I don't know how much of that is the band's decision, and how much is the organisers or promoters or venue, or whatever, but fucking hell, they're not worth that. My partner really wants to see them, and this is the first time they've played there, so it's her choice really, whether we go or not, as I'm not so fussed, but jeez, tickets in general just seem to be getting obscenely expensive these days.

Just seen the prices for the Bangkok show. £85 each for front standing, and some of the seating options are even more than that, and I don't know if that includes booking fees, etc. I don't know how much of that is the band's decision, and how much is the organisers or promoters or venue, or whatever, but fucking hell, they're not worth that. My partner really wants to see them, and this is the first time they've played there, so it's her choice really, whether we go or not, as I'm not so fussed, but jeez, tickets in general just seem to be getting obscenely expensive these days.

Seems like there's been a couple of cases of ticket prices getting stepped up within the last few months. The Psycho Tour was quite expensive (for what it was), there were obviously major complaints about ticket prices in Brazil, and now there's this :erm: I really hope this isn't a thing and that it's just something to do with specific countries/venues/promoters and whatnot. I guess we'll find out when the American dates/prices are released.

I might have to miss out if they're that expensive come the UK tour. £85 would be slightly expensive for a stadium gig, let alone an arena gig.