Hope they won't keep the costume they've been wearing in the Drones festival tour

Welp, I've got some really bad news for ya. That outfit has been around since the Psycho lyric video. If I've learned anything from Roger Waters' The Wall live show, they're probably going overboard with the theatricals during the Drones tour, thus wearing matching outfits to emphasize the whole Drones theme.

Nothing else was mentioned about tours, except that they are thinking about how to do Drones (song) live. Which I highly doubt :chuckle:

I'm really curious to hear and see this! :)

--

Personally I liked the costume they had during the festival tour, especially Matt's jacket. Chris had the same jacket at the beginning of the show but he took it off after one or two songs! It must be too hot in this outfit!!:D

Is the GuitarCenter sweepstakes a sign that a US tour might be announced soon?

You would think, but if you look in the Terms and Conditions, it doesn't give a date or a venue (or state,) and instead says they'll tell you when and where AFTER you win - with no posted deadline for them to give you that information.

Hopefully sports schedules are finalized soon, but then who the hell knows how long it'll take them to get the tour dates sorted out.

Winter 2015 is a bit of a misnomer since winter doesn't even actually start until Dec 21. But I'd be really shocked if the US tour continued into January at all. Logistically they'd presumably have to take the better part of Dec 23-31 off so Chris/Dom could go back home for the holidays. Matt's the only one that lives in LA, right? Plus I thought European indoor tour was gonna be Jan/Feb/Mar-ish.

We're now as little as 3 months out from some of these supposed shows happening, and if they want tickets to sell for a 360 arena setup, they best get on it soon...

I'm pretty sure Dom lives in LA, too?

I agree they put themselves in a really unfortunately position for selling center stage arenas with these serious late announcements, and if they announce mid/late August, that's a pretty short timeframe before the gigs, too.

I think it would be hard for them to get the US tour completely out of the way in Nov/Dec because they're not only going to be working around basketball games, but taking time off for holidays with family, presumably. Not to mention lugging a fuckton of gear really long distances.

Unless of course, it's a really small number of gigs, and I'm starting to believe that's what's going to end up happening. :erm:

I seriously don't understand why they haven't announced anything yet. They're gonna struggle to sell out a full tour if they don't put any tickets on sale soon, but who knows...

Muse Wiki says he lives in Nice (?)

I think that was years ago. From interviews, I know he has a house in LA, but I don't know if he lives in London, since he moved there for part of the recording of Drones.

I seriously don't understand why they haven't announced anything yet. They're gonna struggle to sell out a full tour if they don't put any tickets on sale soon, but who knows...

I went to buy a physical copy at Target today, since my boxset is still broken, and my bastard iPod keeps overheating in the car... and they told me they just did an "inventory reduction" to remove unprofitable stuff... and all the Drones discs were sent back. :twitchy:

muse'samuse is correct about the basketball schedules not being finalized, and that's probably the issue... but what an awful amount of time to wait in a country that tends to forget about things so quickly unless they're shoved in our face every 10 minutes.

I think Dom just alternates between LA and London according to what the situation is.

Dom said he's staying in LA until he "runs out of women;" I know it was a joke, but you know what they say... always a kernel of truth. :chuckle:

I went to buy a physical copy at Target today, since my boxset is still broken, and my bastard iPod keeps overheating in the car... and they told me they just did an "inventory reduction" to remove unprofitable stuff... and all the Drones discs were sent back. :twitchy:

muse'samuse is correct about the basketball schedules not being finalized, and that's probably the issue... but what an awful amount of time to wait in a country that tends to forget about things so quickly unless they're shoved in our face every 10 minutes.

Oh, damn, you still don't have your boxset? That sucks :(

I hadn't thought about basketball schedules or anything. Makes a lot of sense. Hopefully all gets sorted out soon

I agree they put themselves in a really unfortunately position for selling center stage arenas with these serious late announcements, and if they announce mid/late August, that's a pretty short timeframe before the gigs, too.

I think it would be hard for them to get the US tour completely out of the way in Nov/Dec because they're not only going to be working around basketball games, but taking time off for holidays with family, presumably. Not to mention lugging a fuckton of gear really long distances.

Unless of course, it's a really small number of gigs, and I'm starting to believe that's what's going to end up happening. :erm:

NBA will likely release its 2015-16 fixtures by mid-August. I do not believe Muse was able to schedule gigs in Europe during the fall because other superstar acts like 1D, U2, and Madonna had already booked the available arenas.

U2's current tour first leg 2015 played only ten cities in North America but with multiple night stands in each market including 8 shows at MSG. If an act wants to save on stage set up, crew, and transportation costs, perhaps Muse should consider a similar arrangement and schedule one or more gigs in geographic markets which will attract close to sold out arenas (10k to 18k) in:

Los Angeles/Anaheim (Staples Center or the Forum)

Oakland/San Francisco/San Jose/Sacramento

New York City/Northern New Jersey

Chicago/Milwaukee/Indianapolis

Detroit/Ann Arbor/Grand Rapids/Windsor

Boston/Hartford

Philadelphia/Pittsburgh

Wash DC/Baltimore/Northern Virginia/Richmond

Dallas/Tulsa

Houston/San Antonio/New Orleans

Seattle/Portland

Phoenix/Tucson/Las Vegas/Albuquerque

Toronto/Hamilton

Montreal/Quebec City

<10k arena break-even possibilities:

San Diego

Minneapolis/St. Paul/Sioux Falls/Fargo/Omaha/Des Moines/Winnipeg

Columbus/Cleveland/Cincinnati/Louisville

Denver/Salt Lake City

St. Louis/Kansas City

Miami/Fort Lauderdale/Tampa/Orlando

Atlanta/Nashville/Raleigh/Charlotte

Vancouver/Edmonton/Calgary

Edited by muse s'amuse

"So I just bumped into Matt Bellamy at Newton Abbot station (he was waiting outside for his mum to pick him up, bless), so I asked him if Muse were playing bestival and he said "no", I said I thought they were the special guests and he said "definitely not". Said about download and something about a UK tour coming up early next year. Nice guy. Very polite.

So there you have it folks. Straight from the horses mouth. Unless he wasn't prepared to say yes, he seemed pretty adamant though"

boooooooooooooooooooooooooo I was so convinced it was them

"So I just bumped into Matt Bellamy at Newton Abbot station (he was waiting outside for his mum to pick him up, bless), so I asked him if Muse were playing bestival and he said "no", I said I thought they were the special guests and he said "definitely not". Said about download and something about a UK tour coming up early next year. Nice guy. Very polite.

So there you have it folks. Straight from the horses mouth. Unless he wasn't prepared to say yes, he seemed pretty adamant though"

boooooooooooooooooooooooooo I was so convinced it was them

Did he say this just recently? Why is he talking about download?

Well, here's a bit of good news- NBA schedule will supposedly be out tomorrow, even though it's already out privately within the industry. So then I'd expect Muse US dates by later in the week or early next. I can't imagine them holding it out longer if they plan to have enough time to fill arenas in Nov & Dec.

Well, here's a bit of good news- NBA schedule will supposedly be out tomorrow, even though it's already out privately within the industry. So then I'd expect Muse US dates by later in the week or early next. I can't imagine them holding it out longer if they plan to have enough time to fill arenas in Nov & Dec.

I have to assume they've been finalized for a while now, and don't have to wait for the public schedule release - otherwise it would be more months, and they might as well just sell tickets at the damn arena doors.

We're going to be getting really close to out of the timeframe to get decent rates on flights as it is, especially with the holiday bullshit.

I'm assuming their waiting to drop the dates with Revolt, so it's not just completely out of the blue and overlooked; get a little hype up again.

The guy said it today and he's not really a bullshitter, no idea what they said about Download, probably mentioning that it was the only UK festival they're doing this summer or something

Wasn't there some rumor about the bands having to be a UK exclusive for a period of time?

So basically Bestival were just trolling everyone the whole time. Yay!

This is what confuses me. As Rob Da Bank isn't a cunt and wouldn't trick people into buying tickets under false pretentions.

When Matt originally said they were playing Bestival, they were heavily rumoured to be headlining above Duran Duran who were confirmed at the time to be sub-headlining. Since then Duran Duran have been bumped up to headline the festival and a super secret special act has been added to the Saturday. So maybe matt has been told to be super special ultra secret with the fact they're playing Bestival now as they're not going to be announced for it just like The Libertines at Glastonbury this year.

I just can't see it not being them even with Matt denying it. Who else could it be?