I am the only one who doesn't really care about if it is a winter tour? The sooner I can see them the better (even if it's 15 below out)!

For me personally, I can't get off work at any point during those months, let alone travel. can be a big problem with certain jobs. Also, it's just a bitch to go anywhere post-Thanksgiving; huge crowds, super expensive, and loads of people going to see family.

It seems like a generally crap time for US gigs, but maybe it doesn't impact the young crowds as much.

For me personally, I can't get off work at any point during those months, let alone travel. can be a big problem with certain jobs. Also, it's just a bitch to go anywhere post-Thanksgiving; huge crowds, super expensive, and loads of people going to see family.

It seems like a generally crap time for US gigs, but maybe it doesn't impact the young crowds as much.

Yea, that's true. I guess it would be odd for a tour around that time since I know of ZERO artists who tour at that time AT ALL EVER.

I feel like with a #1 album, now would be a pretty damn good time to announce US tour dates.

I agree, I thought the album release would have been a perfect time to announce at least a few shows. Short attention spans has already happened, as it looks like the album has fallen as low as #18 in its second week. :stunned:

Quite happy that I ran out of money before I was going to get a ticket! Hallelujah!

Muse were never going to play the Sunday at Bestival as they are confirmed at Lollapalooza Berlin on that date.

Friday was looking like the likely day, but it seems Duran Duran might have been promoted to the headline slot on that night, even though they were never announced as such. Curious.

Jan would be better than Nov/Dec, but I still have a strong feeling that it's going to be the holidays for us.

I'm trying to make plans, Muse. :'( Just throw us a bone here.

This really is the prime time for ticket sales, though. Once the album isn't as fresh in everyone's mind, they're more likely to miss tour announcements and sales, especially considering the T2L tour was promoted very piss poorly in a lot of areas (there was an announcement tacked on to the end of the SNL performance, and that was literally all I saw.)

I remember their last tour through the States, it was in the middle of Winter and it's

brutal conditions during those months. If anyone Remembers they played Columbus,Ohio,

Cleveland and Cincinnati and hardly sold tickets for those shows. I think I remember people saying the Columbus show hardly had 30 percent capacity filled up.

On that same note my GF and I decided last minute in 2011 to drive 7 hours to do a road trip and see them in Indiana. Only 8,200 people were at that show and it felt so intimate. The week before or so, Nickelback

played the Same Venue (outside Amphitheater) and I read it was close to 40 thousand people. Go Figure!

Bands always tour in winter for whatever reason. I can't remember the last non-festival gig I saw in nice weather

Poor ticket sales don't totally correlate with bad weather, though. They usually go on sale so early that people don't think that far ahead.

Outside of NY CA and maybe Chicago, ticket sales were a bit slow in many areas and I'm still a bit confused about the 360 stage idea; don't seem to be a ton of areas that would sell enough, and they already hit less cities on T2L than TR.

I also really can't see the 360 thing working in the US, unless they only do like 5 shows and just hope that people actually travel to the closest one. The August gap (and L.A. dress rehearsal) is suspect, but this really is looking more and more like a Nov/Dec thing, isn't it?

In the US*. I mean they even have specific summer tours.

Yeah, specific to the U.S., I never thought much on it, but every single arena gig I've seen for any band (hundreds) has been in the winter.

I was even leafing through my old ticket stubs this afternoon to check

Always that terrible run from the car with no jacket when it's below zero, because there's no where to put a coat.

Yeah, specific to the U.S., I never thought much on it, but every single arena gig I've seen for any band (hundreds) has been in the winter.

I was even leafing through my old ticket stubs this afternoon to check

Always that terrible run from the car with no jacket when it's below zero, because there's no where to put a coat.

Makes sense though. Stadium gigs in the summer, Arena gigs in the winter.

Yeah, basketball arenas are used for games in the spring and difficult to schedule concerts around. Outdoor "sheds" are probably utilized by arena level bands in warmer months since they're not open year round in most places. Really depends on the band/production/etc though - Radiohead played an arena in spring/summer in Michigan the last time they came through only because they loathe the corporate sponsored open air venue here. If Muse are really serious about doing 360 crap, then they'd almost certainly have to do an arena. If we're unsure of their ability to completely fill an arena in most US markets, there's no way they could play a football stadium, and shed amphitheatres wouldn't be appropriate.

I remember their last tour through the States, it was in the middle of Winter and it's

brutal conditions during those months. If anyone Remembers they played Columbus,Ohio,

Cleveland and Cincinnati and hardly sold tickets for those shows. I think I remember people saying the Columbus show hardly had 30 percent capacity filled up.

On that same note my GF and I decided last minute in 2011 to drive 7 hours to do a road trip and see them in Indiana. Only 8,200 people were at that show and it felt so intimate. The week before or so, Nickelback

played the Same Venue (outside Amphitheater) and I read it was close to 40 thousand people. Go Figure!

I was at the 2013 Columbus show, and they had the ENTIRE upper bowl curtained off, and it still wasn't sold out. I think there were around 5-6,000 people at the show. When I saw Muse in the same venue in 2010, the lower bowl was full and a maybe half of the upper bowl wasn't curtained off.

It was not a smart choice to play Cleveland, Columbus and Cincy within the same week.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_2nd_Law_World_Tour

Attendance figures for many of the shows are towards the bottom. The Minneapolis show you speak of had around 6,900 in attendance. To put it into perspective, U2 sold that venue out years ago with over 19,000 people.

I don't think Muse would draw any bigger crowds now than they did in 2013, in the U.S.

I wonder how accurate those are, as I was told it was substantially less than that. Much of the upper tiers were empty, and you could buy floor tickets right up until the day of the gig.

Not that my source is infallible, anyways.

Denver, on the other hand, we couldn't get extra floor tickets to, but it looked much more empty inside. But yeah, again, the state wasn't in great shape at the time.

It still makes me wonder about the center stage idea, especially since the band continually claims they lose money on the US tours as is.

Maybe I'm just holding a flame that they won't do it... but I know they will. :noey:

Edited by SerpentSatellite

They seem mad and committed enough to the idea of it. It would work on the EU Tours because they sell out (or at least sell a decent chunk of) stadiums here, and it probably would work in places like NYC, LA, possibly Chicago and Texas. But for the rest of America, its either smaller tour than usual (like 10/20 cities, max), a 360 tour that doesn't necessarily have to be 360, like the last two US arena tours, or tiny venues.

I would so love if they did a combo of arenas and smaller venues, and they've even talked about it in the past... but honestly, now I'm pretty convinced I'd never even be able to get tickets to those.

Maybe there just isn't a good middle ground for Muse, here.

Browsing sales figures, there's just so few areas where the 360 seems viable, and it would suck so badly if it's a limited US tour because of what was a stupid idea in the first place.