Honestly, it would be incredibly stupid for them to play US gigs right after those Mexican ones, considering Thanksgiving is one of the biggest times of the year for people traveling to see family, and THE biggest shopping holiday of the year.

So, of course, it will happen. :chuckle:

Yeah but they are pretty much guaranteed to sell out those gigs in Dallas,Houston,OKC,Phoenix etc

Depending on the dates, though, people aren't going to prioritize a Muse gig over traveling to see family, or other family obligations. At least not most people.

It will be interesting to see how the center stage affects sales, too. Quite a lot more seats to sell, in general.

So weird they get down to Mexico for 3 gigs when they are already in Colombia late October.

With 360 stage they'll stick to big cities and no 3 shows in Ohio and stuff :LOL:

Honestly, many, many, many bands tour the USA in November/December, despite Thanksgiving/Christmas. Most bands just block out Wednesday-Sunday of Thanksgiving week, and then just keep right on going until about December 20th or so, and then take a Christmas break. I don't see why everyone thinks that the months of November/December are completely off limits.

Perhaps, because Colombia is in South America and Mexico is in North America. Just saying ...

So? Why have 1 moth gap and bring all the production to Mexico for 3 gigs when you are already in Colombia if you aren't going to continue touring... it's not like in the other side of the world.

So? Why have 1 moth gap and bring all the production to Mexico for 3 gigs when you are already in Colombia, they could just go from there.

Mexico gigs are part of the USA/Canada/Mexico tour that everybody is talking about here. The one with the 360 stage. (Confirmed by Ticketmaster Mexico) The one that is clashing with Thanksgiving, the one that will run up to Xmas ... :-)

Colombia shows are part of the Asia/South America tour that will feature a standard stage, probably the same used in festivals here in Europe now.

I know, these are only my thoughs but I am pretty sure that it is like that.

Mexico gigs are part of the USA/Canada/Mexico tour that everybody is talking about here. The one with the 360 stage. (Confirmed by Ticketmaster Mexico) The one that is clashing with Thanksgiving, the one that will run up to Xmas ... :-)

Colombia shows are part of the Asia/South America tour that will feature a standard stage, probably the same used in festivals here in Europe now.

I know, these are only my thoughs but I am pretty sure that it is like that.

That is exactly what i said.

That is exactly what i said.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. It only makes sense if Colombia is the last of the Asia/SA tour and Mexico one of the first shows of the NA tour. The only thing we know for certain is that SA is not 360 from the tickets sale websites maps) and Mexico is 360 stage. All the rest are my own musings (pun intended).

Honestly, many, many, many bands tour the USA in November/December, despite Thanksgiving/Christmas. Most bands just block out Wednesday-Sunday of Thanksgiving week, and then just keep right on going until about December 20th or so, and then take a Christmas break. I don't see why everyone thinks that the months of November/December are completely off limits.

This. I once took a trip to Chicago with my boyfriend for Thanksgiving because Tori Amos was playing both the day before and after the holiday there. It was actually amazing being in the city for it. I know that's an extreme example, but bands often do play shows near that time - even big bands like Fleetwood Mac just did last year. This is almost getting to the territory of saying bands should only play on weekends because people have jobs or whatever.

All that said, the entire Nov-Mar time can be hellish weather in the upper midwest. What I'm dreading more than anything is driving through a snowstorm for Muse. That does seem to be the time they usually roll through here though.

Yeah, the T2L tour. Few days before the gig was the worst flood in the area in like 30 years or something.

Was worried they wouldn't make it in for a while. We had some scary moments driving in (and out) ourselves, even though it was mostly cleared up by that time.

Got evacuated from a couple of restaurants and travel stops on the road, had to slog through some filthy fast moving water, and used one bathroom that PROBABLY should have been shut down for sanitation.

LITERALLY my first vacation in 20 years, and while the gig still went on (and Muse donated all the merch proceeds to the state) everything I planned was washed out, and I'd really had my heart set on hiking in the mountains. :supersad:

Only two dates left this summer.

I'm looking forward to Fuji Rock, in 2010 they were on fire there.

I'm feeling Fury/Futurism and Muscle Museum in Japan. I hope there'll be stream, just in case.