Should Citizen Erased be on the set-list?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Should Citizen Erased be on the set-list?

• 3 months later...

This song just has an amount of quality that it is hard to put into a few words. It is the lyrics, the stark contrast, the solo, the beautiful ending.

Im an American fan who first heard Muse with Absolution (TIRO specifically) which is really the first chance an American had to hear Muse. So I bought abso and looked up a ton of old stuff online. Most of abso and most of the old stuff I didn't really like at first, it had to grow on me to what it is now.

But Citizen Erased was different. The first Muse song I had ever heard that instantly struck me, blew me away so hard on the first listen. I must've replayed that song 20 times the first night I had heard it. Nothing has matched it since (bar exogenesis which I DO consider Muse's best work ever but I feel its too different and not really a "song" persay, so it doesn't count.) By song I mean single Muse track.

• 2 months later...

I very recently decided that CE is probably my favorite Muse song ever (I hate trying to choose/define "favorite" songs... which is why I usually try not to do so :LOL:) But this song is just so incredible.

I've been on a massive CE kick the past few days, which is why I think this epiphany just suddenly appeared :p

It's just so darn emotional with amazing music and a great mixture of heavy and soft stuff. The ending of this song is my absolute favorite thing in the world <3 :D

I very recently decided that CE is probably my favorite Muse song ever (I hate trying to choose/define "favorite" songs... which is why I usually try not to do so :LOL:) But this song is just so incredible.

I've been on a massive CE kick the past few days, which is why I think this epiphany just suddenly appeared :p

It's just so darn emotional with amazing music and a great mixture of heavy and soft stuff. The ending of this song is my absolute favorite thing in the world <3 :D

THIS:)

Easily a top 10 Muse song.

That huge mother riff.

The chord progression in the verse.

Matt's incredible emotional singing.

The ethereal 2nd verse + 2nd chorus

That "do or die" solo

That beautiful outro (the Hubbababoo version made me disseminate manly tears)

Archived