Should Citizen Erased be on the set-list?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Should Citizen Erased be on the set-list?

See this link here.

This debate is what I am currently doing on YouTube. I (forgiveninasong on YouTube) don't think that there are ANY strings on Citizen Erased, mainly because of an interview that Dom did with Laut Magazine (here), in which he says that they tried using strings on OoS, but then didn't use any of them.

Now, in the CD Inlay for OoS, it does mention strings, but I had previously thought that this only meant on 'Megalomania'. This dude on YouTube seems convinced that there are strings on CE, but I for the life of me cannot hear where.

I've searched all over MuseWiki to see if I can have this answered, but no, I can't!

As soon as this is answered, this could possibly be merged with the Citizen Erased thread, but I felt a new thread was required for QUICK ANSWER ENHANCEMENT!!!!

Anyone shed light on this subject, that will no doubt bother me for years unless I have it answered RIGHT NOW!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Thank you so much, Musefans! And honestly, I'm not as n00by as I sound in this post...honest :$:$ I just really really FAIL TO HEAR STRINGS!!

There are apparently, but they're near silent if they did include them on the mix. Someone on muselive ripped the string from the youtube video and remixed the track with them.

CoD and Hoodoo showed Muse + strings is a very good thing. Shame they didn't release any of the tracks with strings on in the end. Same happened with AP. They recorded the strings but didn't use them. Perhaps someday we'll get a load of stringy Muse songs from the vaults.

There are apparently, but they're near silent if they did include them on the mix. Someone on muselive ripped the string from the youtube video and remixed the track with them.

CoD and Hoodoo showed Muse + strings is a very good thing. Shame they didn't release any of the tracks with strings on in the end. Same happened with AP. They recorded the strings but didn't use them. Perhaps someday we'll get a load of stringy Muse songs from the vaults.

There is a 'synthy'-type noise, which is what I think this guy on YouTube is referring to as being the strings. But I really really do think that it is some sort of synth/keyboard affair, as opposed to a strings-type thing.

What songs on OoS have strings, then? Apart from the "improvised cello" on Megalomania?

I really really don't think there are, but I need the back up of the Muse g33ks so I can burn this YouTuber to HELL! :stunned:

I am so mean and superior....

There is a 'synthy'-type noise, which is what I think this guy on YouTube is referring to as being the strings. But I really really do think that it is some sort of synth/keyboard affair, as opposed to a strings-type thing.

it is a keyboard affair,they sound like organ type sounds playing the musical score that was originally for the strings

and if they are in the mix theyre barely audible(unlike other muse songs with strings)

• 2 months later...

*le sigh* I had this arguement with the person on YouTube about this aaaaages ago! The strings are NOT on the album at ALL. It's a synth organ. This is what you can hear in the background, and this is what they now use live, as Morgan plays it. Sounds pretty awesome, though.

would've been interesting to hear with strings, maybe they could do it a TCT. But I quite like the (is it a synth organ?) sounds where it goes into micro cuts cos it's unique.

What you're thinking about is the noises at the end and during the last piano verse right? That'd just be synth filters being adjusted with a delay over the top. The synth organ is the sound that people think are strings during the verses and choruses.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow yeah! Would have been amazing, but you cannot criticize Citizen Erased for anything:)

If Muse chose not to put them in, then it wasn't meant to be! Btw is Dom going '1 2 3 4' really quietly?

Although the solo beats almost anything the band has ever put to tape.

I know right? That solo makes me shiver every time :yesey:

^ Well, there isnt really any melody or flow or anything to it, and I thought I read somewhere where it was just effects laden random guitar noises. I guess that part was wrong. Still, its my favourite solo by the band, and one of my favourites ever.

Of course he improvises during live shows, but everything on the record is totally planned out like a military invasion. :p

BTW is this solo where Matt sounds most like Johny Greenwood?

• 6 months later...

This is another appreciation thread, but this one's for Citizen Erased (I annoy myself with posts and threads). Anyways, show everyone your admiration for Citizen Erased here.

My favorite part is the intro riff with the harmonics. I wish I knew how to make my distortion sound like that!:mad:

Archived