Should Citizen Erased be on the set-list?  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Should Citizen Erased be on the set-list?

It'll crop up every so often - but as has been said, Muse are yet to start The Resistance tour proper, it would make no sense to use up 7-8 minutes of set time when playing as support for U2 whose audience is likely to be largely unfamiliar with Muse, particularly their lesser known numbers.

And also, CE was in the sets solidly 2001-2005 and made plenty of appearances on the BH&R tour. Time for a rest, I think.

• 2 weeks later...
This is another appreciation thread, but this one's for Citizen Erased (I annoy myself with posts and threads). Anyways, show everyone your admiration for Citizen Erased here.

My favorite part is the intro riff with the harmonics. I wish I knew how to make my distortion sound like that!:mad:

I find standard reverb or delay plus heavy distortion about right for that part.

New Born is not the following:

• over-rated;
  • repetitive.

The only reason it may be repetitive is because of its (pretty standard) structure. Other than that, it's awesome. :happy:

Citizen Erased is alright. I enjoy playing it on t'Bass, followed immediately by Micro Cuts, 's about it.

But the standard structure is exactly what makes it repetitive. I'm okay with that though because it has a good solo and the 6 mins fly by.

ZOMFGGGGGG!!!!11!!!!1!1! I WUVZ DIS SONGGGZ!!1!

Seriously. The last two minutes are so beautiful. You don't get many rock bands creating masterpieces like Citizen Erased. Such a depressing song, but listening to it always makes me day :D

And yes, it IS better than New Born.

I love this song. I think the Hullabaloo version kicks the shit out of the album version though (the album version is still amazing). This song has everything: mega riff, heavy part, quiet part and at 3:53 the sound of a small child eating an apple beneath a weeping willow.

Even my mum thought this was amazing god rest her soul. In her words "He's got a very haunting voice"

Archived