Which one?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

It's known that Matt wanted to put Fury on Absolution, but Chris and Dom overruled him which meant The Small Print was placed on the album instead (unless you got the Japanese album where you got both).

This got me thinking... suppose you had decided the other 13 slots on the album and you had to choose between Fury and TSP... which song would you have included on Absolution?

Personally, I would've kept TSP as it has a more universal lyrical meaning and is a lot more heavy instrumentally.

I think it depends on how the album would have been ordered, had Fury been on it. Fury is a lot slower than The Small Print, and like, wouldn't fit in with where TSP is.

But I'm not sure.

I prefer Fury over TSP, but whether it would sound right in it's place on the album is another question...

...which is the question you asked, and I've not actually answered.

(:

I dunno. Yes, TSP on Absolution rather than Fury. It fits in better musically on Absolution than what Fury would have done.

But I dunno.

I might listen to Absolution, but put Fury where TSP is meant to go. See what it sounds like.

It's known that Matt wanted to put Fury on Absolution, but Chris and Dom overruled him which meant The Small Print was placed on the album instead (unless you got the Japanese album where you got both).

This got me thinking... suppose you had decided the other 13 slots on the album and you had to choose between Fury and TSP... which song would you have included on Absolution?

Personally, I would've kept TSP as it has a more universal lyrical meaning and is a lot more heavy instrumentally.

So they have a band agreement that majority decides what tracks go on the albums?

i used to prefer Fury but after hearing it many times I realised it's too lyrically repetitive. I know most of Muse songs are like that but with Fury, I'm VERY aware that it's repetitive.

Last Year - preferred Fury

This Year - prefer TSP

Fury IMO. Powerful and brilliant song.

TSP always felt as though it was too weak to be an album track. It signified where Absolution got a little bit weaker (TSP, TOADA & RBS are not as good, song-wise, in comparison to SFA, Blackout, SS, TIRO, AP, Hysteria and B&H).

Should have been a b-side really.

Might work if they have more sets as long as the one at the Tokyo International Forum (23 songs).

Set for that gig:

Take a Bow

Hysteria

Map of the Problematique

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Assassin

Sing for Absolution

Citizen Erased

Hoodoo

Apocalypse Please

Feeling Good

Sunburn