Which one?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

are you kidding ?

the amazing thing about absolution is that all the songs either make a minor change in pace or none at all, which is why endlessly is just like a sore tooth in respects to fitting in with the rest of the album. i struggle to see where fury would have fit in, interlude then fury then hysteria would maybe work but, just no.

just my opinion perhaps someone will correct me.

the only thing that does it favours with that argument is the lyrics are still along the "end of the world" theme.

I didnt really think about where, it just seems to fit Abso's general theme.

okay this is starting to bug me, what do people hear in fury that i don't. it SHOULD be a good song but a riff played as such a slow pace is just so boring and the vocals aren't exactly "this should wake 'em up either." okay so we've established it's a slower tempo song, now songs that are slow from muse should be fucking beautiful like blackout, or falling away with you for example. where matt's voice compliments the music. in fury's case this is non-existent !

so why is it loved so much ?

So slow should always be beautiful? :noey:

muse slow songs should be beautiful, that's why i love muse. their fast / upbeat songs are awesome and their slow songs are bliss. imo fury doesn't fir either categories, which probably makes it unique in that sort of way, but not my cuppa tea.

okay this is starting to bug me, what do people hear in fury that i don't. it SHOULD be a good song but a riff played as such a slow pace is just so boring and the vocals aren't exactly "this should wake 'em up either." okay so we've established it's a slower tempo song, now songs that are slow from muse should be fucking beautiful like blackout, or falling away with you for example. where matt's voice compliments the music. in fury's case this is non-existent !

so why is it loved so much ?

It's that dark, haunting guitar. Fury is powerful, emotional and euphoric.

Plus

"and we'll pray that there's no God to punish us and make a fuss" - deep - lyrically and musically.

And if I haven't said already. Fury is my favourite of the two.

the lyrics of both songs are deep

only this is lol:

sell, i'll sell your memories

for 15 pounds per year

but just the good days

But I prefer muse singing about the absence of a god than about some bitch he had a relationship with

And if I listen to the music itself and not the lyrics I still like fury way better than the small print

If I wanted to impress a friend by playing Muse I wouldn't play TSP. Too generic. Fury on the other hand sounds more Musey in that it's badass!

Also Tom Kirks favourite Muse song - prior to The Resistance I think.

That's it! Badassery is most certainly the origin of Musey-ness! :p:D

muse slow songs should be beautiful, that's why i love muse. their fast / upbeat songs are awesome and their slow songs are bliss. imo fury doesn't fir either categories, which probably makes it unique in that sort of way, but not my cuppa tea.

No, they shouldn't. They can be beautiful, but that doesn't mean they are better that way. The haunting guitar, the dark bassline, and the lyrics- It all makes for an amazing song. I think it's better than Blackout, FAWY, and a lot of other slow songs, combined.

Fury does have the better lyrics, before BHAR Matt did say it was in his opinion the best lyrics he had written.

But Fury hasn't got as much energy to it, it's another creepy/gloomy song, whereas TSP is fast, up tempo and loud.

I voted for Small Print because it has more energy ;)

Archived