B&H? Keep that on the sets until Australia. :p Good to see they aren't making it as static as I thought they would, although I don't understand why they're basically ignoring the polls. Hopefully this means they'll play RBS and AP soon!

I am honestly going to say that the setlists look good again (not great, good), far better than they did for the US tour at the very least. At least you lot are getting old songs back, AND some are becoming regulars again. The only special thing we got was Ruled by Secrecy. Once.

I am honestly going to say that the setlists look good again (not great, good), far better than they did for the US tour at the very least. At least you lot are getting old songs back, AND some are becoming regulars again. The only special thing we got was Ruled by Secrecy. Once.

And it was fucking amazing :phu:

We got Bliss and RBS. :p

But they owe us at least that much with the infrequent tour dates up here. :mad:

I do wish we got more than 16-17 songs though...

And it was fucking amazing :phu:

It was, I was there! But if that tour leg was any indication, they seem to think that America's populated entirely by Twihards. They've played the Key Arena before, they have a plenty large enough fanbase. The setlist then was pretty damn solid, so what happened?

At least Twilight will be done in a year or two, perhaps they'll get back to business.

doubt it. Maybe once they leave Warner though...?

Songs like Soldier's Poem and Invincible are

the reasons why majority of Muse fans (especially IMO and former fans of the band) will never consider BH&R as masterpiece or that it is their best ever (similar or in competition with OoS and Absolution).

Same thing with TR - Guiding Light and USoE killed the greatness going on for that album.

And that it is why I love Showbiz much more than BH&R and TR.

Note: Overall, BH&R and TR are both terrific albums.

I can only speak for myself, but Soldier's Poem, Invincible and Guiding Light are all songs that I skip over, as well as Feeling Good. I'd definitely take Soldier's over the other three in a heart beat.

Songs like Soldier's Poem and Invincible are

the reasons why majority of Muse fans (especially IMO and former fans of the band) will never consider BH&R as masterpiece or that it is their best ever (similar or in competition with OoS and Absolution).

Same thing with TR - Guiding Light and USoE killed the greatness going on for that album.

And that it is why I love Showbiz much more than BH&R and TR.

Note: Overall, BH&R and TR are both terrific albums.

That doesn't make much sense, Showbiz has loads more weak tracks than TR. Even Abso and Oos have weak tracks.

Soldier's Poem is so short it shouldn't even really be considered a song.

No song should be ever played before Overture live, it just makes no sense. Soldier's Poem/Unintended, if they HAVE to have a place in the setlist, should be somewhere after Map/MK's place in the setlist, and GL/NSC should just...die.

I love Soldier's Poem :happy:

Although on BH&R it feels a bit too much like a prelude into Invincible.

I'm quite happy to see Unintended & Soldiers Poem to rotate.

I'm suprised at NSC being dropped so often, I kind of hope it doesn't stick around. I'd like to see it live once, but there are much better songs to be played instead. I'd rather see them play a song I've already seen them play twice over NSC (MotP, Hysteria, KoC, New Born, Stockholm Syndrome). But I'd much rather hear it than FG or GL.

Glad to see B&H come back, maybe a sign of things to come?!

I still think Unintended/Soldier's Poem are poor encore openers, though. To be completely honest, they have no place in the current setlist layout where they could fit...

If Muse made a proper setlist where they considered the order of the songs, rather than feeling like they HAVE to have the piano section smack in the middle, or feeling like they HAVE to end on rawky songs, and rather made a balanced setlist of cheese, rock and mellow, then we wouldn't have this problem.

It's not that the current songs they're playing is a bad bunch, they're just very poorly constructing the order, i.e. GL - NSC - Hysteria - USoE etc.

I'm suprised at NSC being dropped so often, I kind of hope it doesn't stick around.

I'm just making an assumption here, but I have a feeling the song isn't quite as awesome live as they wanted it to be... Then again, they continue to play Guiding Light for some godforsaken reason.

As awesome & memorable, the 2 nights of Wembley 2007 were, they would had been more epic if they did not start encore 1 of both shows with back to back of sp and unintended. One night would had been all right but doing that for both nights really killed the pace, momentum and overall greatness going on for both shows. Are they really seriously thinking that fans (diehards, casuals, new, non-fans, whatever) going to their stadium shows find Unintended and Soldier's Poem electrifying and fit that stadium setting?

I lowered my expectations to what could possibly they will do at Wembley to an all-time low. I've seen B&H several times in the past so no big deal but I appreciate that they think other fans would love to hear that in a stadium setting. I will not be massively disappointed at Wembley. I am now expecting the worst to happen. As a Muse fan who love

them forever even if some of these things get worse in the future ... I just want to be there and so I can say I experience. And many years from now, I can say I was there. So I will be just all right (would immensely enjoy the show with ton of diehard Muse fans) OR I will be blown away (because Muse will finally wake up, bring the goodies there and surprise

many of us here).

I totally agree with you. I guess we should just accept Muse for what they are now, even if they are a load of cheese. It's still nice that they've brought back B&H as many fans love this, and Soldier's Poem is > Unintended. There is still a little bit of hope for Wembley... they'll play the same standard set but they might add in a really good song to replace NSC/FG etc.

I still think Unintended/Soldier's Poem are poor encore openers, though. To be completely honest, they have no place in the current setlist layout where they could fit...

If Muse made a proper setlist where they considered the order of the songs, rather than feeling like they HAVE to have the piano section smack in the middle, or feeling like they HAVE to end on rawky songs, and rather made a balanced setlist of cheese, rock and mellow, then we wouldn't have this problem.

It's not that the current songs they're playing is a bad bunch, they're just very poorly constructing the order, i.e. GL - NSC - Hysteria - USoE etc.

True, although I'm happy for rotation, however minimal it is - so long as there's more than on TR tour.

I have to agree with you there, it's very incoherant.

On the topic of BH&R v TR...

Black Holes could've been so much better, most of the B-sides could have replaced album tracks, and if Assassin and Exo-Politics weren't so butchered, it could've been amazing.

I think if Glorious, Easily and A Crying Shame were included, and Starlight & Invincible (+ SP maybe, it doesn't fit but I love it) were taken off, it could've been quite a lot better.

If the order was shook up and the extended Assassin was included, and a better version of Exo-Politics, they could've even topped Absolution :eek:

I like TR, I think it's better, I don't like how all the singles are the first 4 tracks, that sucks, but Muse's singles are usually from the first half of the album (except FG, B&H and KoC).

Obviously, UD shoudn't have been a single, MK Ultra should've been. Can understand why Uprising, Resistance and USoE are.

Again, the order is poor, that could've been better.

0) We Are The Universe

1) Uprising

2) Resistance

3) MK Ultra

4) UD

5) USoE

6) GL

-) NSC (LiF)

7) Unnatural Selection

8) IbtY

9 - 11) Exogenesis

I haven't changed it much, first half lacked a powerhouse hence I put MK Ultra there, maybe have NSC or Guiding Light, not both. Maybe stick Resistance right before the symphony.

To the person who said Resistance is their worst song, shame on you :noey:

For UK fans last tour there were 3 'wembley' only songs in Blackout, Unintended and either Sing for Absolution or Micro Cuts plus a few other songs you might have missed if you only went to 1 UK gig so will be interesting to see how this pans out this time round when there are 3 stadium shows to 6 arena gigs compared to 2 stadiums and 9 (i think) arena gigs last time

For UK fans last tour there were 3 'wembley' only songs in Blackout, Unintended and either Sing for Absolution or Micro Cuts plus a few other songs you might have missed if you only went to 1 UK gig so will be interesting to see how this pans out this time round when there are 3 stadium shows to 6 arena gigs compared to 2 stadiums and 9 (i think) arena gigs last time

I thought there was 16 UK arena gigs in '06?

I thought there was 16 UK arena gigs in '06?

Nope. There were 13.

I have to say, the setlists are starting to look improved from the arena shows last year. They could be a bit better but last night's setlist wasn't too bad.

Archived