It says "shrine on hatred" :(

Typo :LOL:

More shitty personal life failings... makes me wanna do a Bellamy and throw a guitar at the drums.

But yes, I think much like the arena tour we ain't gonna see much change between Feeling Good and the end of the show if any. My bet? Just hang on and enjoy the ride as best as poss. I will be (apart from FG which is my sit down/rest voice slot)

RATM was very short but very fun - it had a lot of rock energy that hasn't been realised at any gig so far. Green Day has the length so lets hope next Saturday's concert is a blast.

I remember before the Resistance came out, I was looking forward to it because I thought it would give them more songs to rotate on their tours, so they would have more variety in their sets (like Radiohead). Unfortunately, they haven't worked it like that.

:LOL: :LOL:

you probably jinxed it with your hoping.. i swear the opposite happened

I saw RATM last week as well and although it was awesome I didn't get the same buzz that I get from seeing Muse live and their setlist was ridiculously short!

The atmosphere at that gig was 100x any of the previous two Muse gigs I've been to, and the short setlist was simply due to curfew/sound restraints and the fact that, to be fair, it was a free gig.

Having said that, it was still only four songs shorter than some of Muse's arena dates on the 2009 winter tour/2010 US tour!

I haven't been to a Muse concert yet :eek: so really, I'd pay to see them play ANYTHING. But to those of you who have been to a lot of their concerts, I can see where the setlists can be a bit boring and predictable.

What exactly is it that you want to hear though?

Same, I've never seen them, so will be happy with whatever I get really :p

But I think that the main thing that people want to get is a song which you can properly jump to. They've been playing a lot of slower songs which is what is hacking people off. Also, the fact that they have basically disregarded the setlist polls that they had made.

it irritates me that they can't incorporate more of the setlist poll songs. hell, it irritates me that bloody "mk ultra" isn't a staple in the shows when it's clearly a fan favorite. idk, i just had the impression that this tour was supposed to be epic and bombastic...yet the setlists don't really reflect that.

that being said, i'm sure it's still a fabulous show. it's kind of hard to be irritated when you're actually at the show and in the moment.

i just wish it wasn't the festivals that get all the cool shit. aka better songs.

The atmosphere at that gig was 100x any of the previous two Muse gigs I've been to, and the short setlist was simply due to curfew/sound restraints and the fact that, to be fair, it was a free gig.

Having said that, it was still only four songs shorter than some of Muse's arena dates on the 2009 winter tour/2010 US tour!

Atmosphere always seems great at Muse gigs, I wasn't really feeling it at rage but that could have been because I was terrified of getting crushed! There were a lot of people trying to cause trouble and a lot who looked like they were crack heads! I'd still say Muse put on a better performance overall, Matt's much more energetic. I know i'm going to really piss off all the Rage fans and your not going to agree so I think I better shut up now :p

It was still an awesome show though and yes Muse sets are too short and shockingly bad at the moment, i'm surprised you've only seen them live two times? I remember you from when I used to post on here a couple of years back.

I haven't been to a Muse concert yet :eek: so really, I'd pay to see them play ANYTHING. But to those of you who have been to a lot of their concerts, I can see where the setlists can be a bit boring and predictable.

More oldies and just varying the setlists is what most people want, oh and for Muse to obey their own setlist polls and not take the easy way out of the results (i.e. play CE & Bliss or songs that will be played anyway). Oh and most people don't want to see Guiding Light and Feeling Good :chuckle:

More oldies and just varying the setlists is what most people want, oh and for Muse to obey their own setlist polls and not take the easy way out of the results (i.e. play CE & Bliss or songs that will be played anyway). Oh and most people don't want to see Guiding Light and Feeling Good :chuckle:

:erm: It's not the easy way, CE and Bliss are topping for almost every gig, so what do you want them to think ?! It sounds logical. Pick the 1st and 2nd song, specially when they're in the 1st and 2nd place for so many gigs.

But anyways, if CE and Bliss weren't topping, and the polls varied a lot from gig to gig, I'm sure there would be beef about them playing "the 3rd song on the poll while the 1st and the 2nd had more votes" :rolleyes:

Yeah, trust me, I got an even smaller set list then these stadium shows are getting, and I still had the time of my life. While later on you may have wished for a few different songs, while there you won't even care.

But anyways, most people are mad that they aren't playing anything from the polls. And also complaining that theres too many slow songs, because it is true that the heavier and faster songs are more fun live. And they never really shuffle in rarities, they pretty much play the same set list every gig.

:erm: It's not the easy way, CE and Bliss are topping for almost every gig, so what do you want them to think ?! It sounds logical. Pick the 1st and 2nd song, specially when they're in the 1st and 2nd place for so many gigs.

But anyways, if CE and Bliss weren't topping, and the polls varied a lot from gig to gig, I'm sure there would be beef about them playing "the 3rd song on the poll while the 1st and the 2nd had more votes" :rolleyes:

But you see many people also want the oppurtunity for true rarities like Showbiz and Spiral Static to be played but they won't I don't think! And different people will react differently, I just want a bit of variety in the set that includes songs they don't play often

But you see many people also want the oppurtunity for true rarities like Showbiz and Spiral Static to be played but they won't I don't think! And different people will react differently, I just want a bit of variety in the set that includes songs they don't play often

But really..... Muse has only done that a couple of times in the last 5 or 6 years, and every time it's been an older song that got a lot of play rather than ones they were rare when they were new, and they've mostly been singles... it's almost like you're asking them to become a different band ;)

Yeah, i understand that, i'd kill to hear Hyper Music live, but 1) we all want different songs, they can't please everyone 2) for them it's not about rarities, it's about "let's make a poll to see what the fans wanna hear live, oh wow they definitely wanna hear CE and Bliss"! they're not gonna think "oh look, Spiral Static is in the 3rd place in the poll of one the gigs, it's definitely the song we need to play." and 3) let's face it, if they play Spiral Static (which i'd love!) they'd get zero reaction from 99.9% of the crowd!

Yeah, i understand that, i'd kill to hear Hyper Music live, but 1) we all want different songs, they can't please everyone 2) for them it's not about rarities, it's about "let's make a poll to see what the fans wanna hear live, oh wow they definitely wanna hear CE and Bliss"! they're not gonna think "oh look, Spiral Static is in the 3rd place in the poll of one the gigs, it's definitely the song we need to play." and 3) let's face it, if they play Spiral Static (which i'd love!) they'd get zero reaction from 99.9% of the crowd!

Yeah, with a mix of people wondering what the heck this "new" song is and people who know it standing there in stunned silence that Muse has actually done something rare and different :D

Spiral Static is fucking shit.

We'd hope, although I wouldn't put it past Bellamy to have NSC, GL and FG in the same set.... I better be wrong!

Muse at Stade de France

1. Uprising

2. Supermassive Black Hole

3. New Born

4. MK Ultra

5. Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)

6. Guiding Light

7. Interlude

8. Hysteria

9. Nishe

10. United States Of Eurasia

11. I Belong To You (+Mon Cœur S'ouvre à Ta Voix)

12. Feeling Good

13. MK Jam

14. Undisclosed Desires

15. Resistance

16. Starlight

17. Time Is Running Out

18. Unnatural Selection

Encore:

19. Unintended

20. Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 1: Overture

21. Stockholm Syndrome

Encore 2:

22. Take A Bow

23. Plug In Baby

24. Knights of Cydonia

:LOL::LOL:

First off, Spiral Static is :awesome:

I understand now, thank for the clarification!! If they had a poll about which songs to play live, you'd think that they'd pay closer attention to it. But maybe they prefer to play other songs live?? Or they probably think that no one will know the older stuff/b-sides, so they only play the popular songs ie Starlight, TiRO

I really don't understand why they love opening encores at stadiums with boring acoustic ballads

Unintended>Soldier's Poem though

it's good to see B&H back though, especially since NSC was dropped instead of another rarity

But its a Muse gig and they could actually use some of their back catalogue once in a while. Its like they have forgotten they have a fanbase who quite like the old stuff. Yeah I accept that they will probably play CE and Bliss but it will just make people moan (like me lol) about how they are neglecting other songs on this setlist and doing the bare minimum as it said they will try to perform "at least" one.

Spiral Static is fucking shit.

Aww I quite like it, dark Muse :chuckle:

If they're going to continue doing the first encore like that, then Hoodoo should open.

Definitely! Lol at one pile of wank being replaced by another in that position.

Archived