But its a Muse gig and they could actually use some of their back catalogue once in a while. Its like they have forgotten they have a fanbase who quite like the old stuff.

honestly, if it wasn't for Oos and asbo muse would not be as nearly as big as they are now

honestly, if it wasn't for Oos and asbo muse would not be as nearly as big as they are now

Exactly! So maybe they should realise that quite alot of their fanbase like these songs and would like to see them live once in a while! Instead of giving excuses like "WAAAA I LOST MY PEDAL" and "I DON'T WANNA FUCK THE PIANO UP". Grow some balls Matt. :chuckle:

Exactly! So maybe they should realise that quite alot of their fanbase like these songs and would like to see them live once in a while! Instead of giving excuses like "WAAAA I LOST MY PEDAL" and "I DON'T WANNA FUCK THE PIANO UP". Grow some balls Matt. :chuckle:

I concur, Bellamy, grow some balls damnit.

Personnaly, I think that singing in french with an AWFUL accent in front of thousands of people shows that he has huge balls :rolleyes:

Personnaly, I think that singing in french with an AWFUL accent in front of thousands of people shows that he has huge balls :rolleyes:

Yeah but it's a position he put himself into by recording that song in the first place! He surely would have known he would need to play it live at some point! Took him long enough to get the courage to eh ;) Look, all I want is some VARIETY. Like promises to be fulfilled for a change! Soldiers Poem and Butterflies and Hurricanes yes are surprises but they aren't "songs they haven't played for many years" and that is what I want. Sorry I am picky but Dom said that and I want that :phu::chuckle:

REEEEEEEponds à ma tenDRESSSSSEE

:LOL:

A girl next to me in Stade de Suisse (I think she went with her boyfriend who was a fan or somethng, because she didn't know any songs) "wait.. is this supposed to be french?" :LOL:

For an acoustic song how about 'City of Delusion?' Love that song. Feel it's massively underrated on this forum

not only is City of Delusion really underrated... All Black Holes and Revelations is a fucking great album... with songs like TaB, MoTP, Hoodoo, Invincible (although cheesy, its awesome and inspiring live), Assassin, Exo-Politics (i dont get why people hate this one but i saw its early version live on 2005 and i honestly loved it), City of Delusion and Knights of Cydonia...

Hell, I would be ok with them playing BH&R and ten songs more

A girl next to me in Stade de Suisse (I think she went with her boyfriend who was a fan or somethng, because she didn't know any songs) "wait.. is this supposed to be french?" :LOL:

:LOL: The first time I heard IBtY I was like ... :eek: But to be fair, he doesn't sound any worse than most anglophones who try to speak French.

Yeah but it's a position he put himself into by recording that song in the first place! He surely would have known he would need to play it live at some point! Took him long enough to get the courage to eh ;) Look, all I want is some VARIETY. Like promises to be fulfilled for a change! Soldiers Poem and Butterflies and Hurricanes yes are surprises but they aren't "songs they haven't played for many years" and that is what I want. Sorry I am picky but Dom said that and I want that :phu::chuckle:

I completely understand what you mean, and I'd love to see songs that I've never seen live aswell :happy: It's just that it won't ruin my gigs at all, and that I try to understand why they don't rotate very much, etc, and find convincing explanations. :) And I know about IBTY, but still, I don't know if you speak french, but it's really really awful :LOL:

(btw, I'd rather have the "same old setlist" than tonight's setlists, B&H and Soldier's Poem are like the two songs that I got sick of hearing live :LOL:)

:LOL: The first time I heard IBtY I was like ... :eek: But to be fair, he doesn't sound any worse than most anglophones who try to speak French.

Fair enough, but most of anglophones don't do songs where they sing in french in an opera style :LOL: I love IBTY btw, I just find it really funny.

I completely understand what you mean, and I'd love to see songs that I've never seen live aswell :happy: It's just that it won't ruin my gigs at all, and that I try to understand why they don't rotate very much, etc, and find convincing explanations. :) And I know about IBTY, but still, I don't know if you speak french, but it's really really awful :LOL:

(btw, I'd rather have the "same old setlist" than tonight's setlists, B&H and Soldier's Poem are like the two songs that I got sick of hearing live :LOL:)

Yeah I just think hearing a song live that you've never heard before is great at a gig :happy: Like in November, the only tracks I got in that category were from The Resistance (Uprising, Resistance, Undisclosed Desires, United States of Eurasia, Guiding Light, Unnatural Selection and Exogenesis Part 1: Overture). I only really enjoyed Unnatural Selection and USOE out of them :( I only saw them once on The Resistance arena tour and, from what this forum has said, it was one of the most disappointing nights unfortunately!

I think I was expecting too much because my last gig before that was Royal Albert Hall and that was fantastic with minimal lighting. Got some great rarities like Megalomania and Fury which really made the gig epic for me :happy: I just hope that they can top that at Wembley this time because I've just been disappointed by them so far and I just get wound up easily atm :chuckle:

Sorry for the long posts :LOL: Oh and Soldiers Poem is boring :chuckle:

not only is City of Delusion really underrated... All Black Holes and Revelations is a fucking great album... with songs like TaB, MoTP, Hoodoo, Invincible (although cheesy, its awesome and inspiring live), Assassin, Exo-Politics (i dont get why people hate this one but i saw its early version live on 2005 and i honestly loved it), City of Delusion and Knights of Cydonia...

BH&R has some great songs on it but the production is awful, it doesn't flow, most of the songs don't quite work on the album (but are much better live), it features ruined versions of Assassin and Exo-Politics, it featured more of a pop sound, etc.

That's why people don't like BH&R as much. Also, there's quite a difference between the early version of Exo-Politics and the recorded one.

Soldier's Poem I think really needs some orchestral arrangements on it - it's just boring

Fair enough, but most of anglophones don't do songs where they sing in french in an opera style :LOL: I love IBTY btw, I just find it really funny.

It's a good song :yesey: When the French part comes, I sing it with his accent :LOL:

@oxoxo, Soldier's Poem is great :eek: It had to grow on me though, and I probably wouldn't want to hear it at a concert. So jealous that you got to see them at RAH, Megalomania and Fury are some of my favourite songs

Couldn't agree with you more.

I very much agree with this.

I very much agree with this.

I will fourth this. MOTP is my all-time favorite, so as long as it's there, there's only so much disappointment I can have. :p

Also, I'm dying to hear B&H and actually remember it (since I can't remember any of ACL 07 :rolleyes:), so I'd be ecstatic if they brought it back. Especially if it's replacing NSC like today! Good choice! :LOL:

Black Holes is an amazing album...if it started at Assassin and ended at Knights Of Cydonia.

Not really. It'd still have the boring versions of Assassin and Exo-Politics and would leave out TaB and MotP (although they're very different stylistically) which are two of the best songs on it.

Yeah I just think hearing a song live that you've never heard before is great at a gig :happy: Like in November, the only tracks I got in that category were from The Resistance (Uprising, Resistance, Undisclosed Desires, United States of Eurasia, Guiding Light, Unnatural Selection and Exogenesis Part 1: Overture). I only really enjoyed Unnatural Selection and USOE out of them :( I only saw them once on The Resistance arena tour and, from what this forum has said, it was one of the most disappointing nights unfortunately!

I think I was expecting too much because my last gig before that was Royal Albert Hall and that was fantastic with minimal lighting. Got some great rarities like Megalomania and Fury which really made the gig epic for me :happy: I just hope that they can top that at Wembley this time because I've just been disappointed by them so far and I just get wound up easily atm :chuckle:

Sorry for the long posts :LOL: Oh and Soldiers Poem is boring :chuckle:

You don't like TR? You have the right not to like it but you have to expect songs from TR since they're touring for it.. :erm:

Oh I was at Royal Albert Hall aswell, defnitely my favourite gig! :happy: I don't think it'll ever be topped, but look, San Siro the other day is one of the favourite I've been to! If you really don't like songs from TR, it's a bit different, but their perfomances are being amazingly good atm!

It's a good song :yesey: When the French part comes, I sing it with his accent :LOL:

You speak french? I sing with his accent aswell :chuckle: last time I met Matt I told him that I sang with his weird accent, maybe to reassure him about playing it live :LOL:

Not really. It'd still have the boring versions of Assassin and Exo-Politics and would leave out TaB and MotP (although they're very different stylistically) which are two of the best songs on it.

I like the album version of Assassin better than the remix... and I like Exo-Politics ;) But yeah, MoTP is one of Muse's best and TaB is amazing.

I don't get the BH&R hate.. if anything I'd say I like it more than The Resistance.

You speak french? I sing with his accent aswell last time I met Matt I told him that I sang with his weird accent, maybe to reassure him about playing it live

Yup :D LOL what if he thought his accent was good? :chuckle:

You don't like TR? You have the right not to like it but you have to expect songs from TR since they're touring for it.. :erm:

Oh I was at Royal Albert Hall aswell, defnitely my favourite gig! :happy: I don't think it'll ever be topped, but look, San Siro the other day is one of the favourite I've been to! If you really don't like songs from TR, it's a bit different, but their perfomances are being amazingly good atm!

Yeah I knew they were going to play TR song and well I like some of them but I prefer the older stuff you see! The ones from TR I really like are MK Ultra, Unnatural Selection and Exogenesis (part 1 being my least favourite). I didn't get MK Ultra, Unnatural Selection was ace and my least favourite part of Exo :chuckle: I was just hoping for a rarity or two as, what the setlist pretty much was, was singles and TR songs...

I think Wembley will just be bigger, longer and with a more interesting setlist than my last gig so that's why I'm still looking forward to it, I think they can pull it off :happy: And San Siro looked cool with the stage sideways! Looked massive! I've tried to avoid watching videos of the actual performances though just so I don't ruin it totally :chuckle:

Songs like Soldier's Poem and Invincible are

the reasons why majority of Muse fans (especially IMO and former fans of the band) will never consider BH&R as masterpiece or that it is their best ever (similar or in competition with OoS and Absolution).

For me, the reason BH&R isn't amongst the best is because it's not really an album.. It's a collection of songs. It doesn't really flow until the last three songs when we hit Spaghetti Western territory. Songs like TaB, MotP, Exo-Politics (yeah, I said it), CoD, Hoodoo and KoC are solid, and worthy of being on anyones favourite album. But all the rest... Eh, they just don't match up.

Same thing with TR - Guiding Light and USoE killed the greatness going on for that album.

Whaaat?! GL and USoE are awesome!! =p The thing that stops The Resistance from being one of if not their best album is the opening three, written-to-be-singles tosh that is Uprising, Undisclosed Desires and the winner of Muse's Worst Sing Evah award, Resistance. But of course, since these three are the singles, they become staples in the setlist, which is incredibly annoying -.- I don't mind Uprising, however. It's fun, in small doses. And the riff ending makes it much better. Just my opinion, however ;)

And that it is why I love Showbiz much more than BH&R and TR.

Note: Overall, BH&R and TR are both terrific albums.

All being said, agreed on both accounts...

Archived