If I was in a band, sucessful in my own country but yet still to fully take on America, and this PR executive comes up to me and says 'would you like to be included on the soundtrack to / write a song for this massive movie that'll be coming out in a few months?'

I would say, FUCK ALMIGHTY YES, RAPE ME WHERE I STAND.

You'd be a fucking moron to turn something like that down. Some humanization of the situation goes a long way.

Depends on your attitudes towards your music, plenty of bands would reject it, plenty more would accept it.

Thing with Muse really is that many artists have appeared on the Twilight soundtrack, but none of them are associated with the franchise in the same way as Muse are. Baffling.

I don't mind them being on the Twilight soundtrack but the reviews calling them ' The Twilight Band' are really starting to get on my nerves.

Yeah that's kind of annoying. I get the same thing when I try to tell people how awesome the film 'Moon' was and they immediately say "oh you mean that Twilight movie?" Some people are stupid. What can you do about it? I certainly don't fault Muse for doing it, nor would I mind if they made a new song for the new film. More Muse is always a good thing for me.

How have they embraced the mass corporate marketing?

Organising a whole tour in Europe and the US catering for the casual listeners and new fans, really poor promotion because I think they believe they don't have to because people will just buy, not bothering with b-sides because that's not gonna get them more fans and if this happens a single for Eclipse.

Depends on your attitudes towards your music, plenty of bands would reject it, plenty more would accept it.

Thing with Muse really is that many artists have appeared on the Twilight soundtrack, but none of them are associated with the franchise in the same way as Muse are. Baffling.

Yeah I have no issues with Muse songs being used on soundtracks (being Twilight or any other films) but having a lead single for the film with a film marketed video? If they go down that way they are not the band I thought they were, another example of marketing to appeal to the masses.

Some twilight related website put out a story that there were rumors they were back on.

I see. I still think the deals off, and this new video is going to be the next single from The Resistance. I don't think this new song will be released until TR is over. I predict it'll come out in the summer/autumn or early next year. We're due another single from TR I reckon. This new song may even be a B-side.

Gahhhh they need hurry up and put our speculation to an end, it's killing me

It's a release of a new single and A-Side, which is going to feature on the new Twilight film - To be released by the end of the month.

Do not read if you enjoying the guessing fun...

just because your username is mr know it all doesn't make me believe you :noey:

EDIT: My 2 theories.

Theory 1.

Matt isn't playing guitar in the picture but holding the mic to sing and Chris is singing back up vocals. Which means its probably neither US or MK ultra.

I think its the video for "In the Oven" for a new A-side.

Theory 2.

Matt is singing the breakdown in MK ultra and playing the muted open string with one hand.

Its the video for MK ultra, and "In the oven" will either be for eclipse or a b-side to MK.

Either way, new song and a release soon. Im excited.

:D

:erm:???

If I was in a band, sucessful in my own country but yet still to fully take on America, and this PR executive comes up to me and says 'would you like to be included on the soundtrack to / write a song for this massive movie that'll be coming out in a few months?'

I would say, FUCK ALMIGHTY YES, RAPE ME WHERE I STAND.

You'd be a fucking moron to turn something like that down. Some humanization of the situation goes a long way.

I don't mind them being on the Twilight soundtrack but the reviews calling them ' The Twilight Band' are really starting to get on my nerves.

I agree entirely and I don't blame Muse for a second for doing so.

I just, selfishly really, wish it wasn't for such a shitty franchise.

Thank you all for saying what I have not been able to construct. :)

It's a release of a new single and A-Side, which is going to feature on the new Twilight film - To be released by the end of the month.

Do not read if you enjoying the guessing fun...

You're Stephenie Meyer, aren't you? :shifty:

Please keep up, this has been explained many times: Muse are apparently back on the soundtrack according to http://twilightersanonymous.com/muse-will-appear-on-the-eclipse-soundtrack.html

saw it but personally i doubt that they would change their mind so quickly. 'one day we're giving song, another day we're not, then ohhh okaaay it's ecliiippse! we're giving'. wtf really?

Archived