I think it will be the Eclipse sing. The soundtrack is being released on the 8th of June so this would easily tie in with that.

Thats what I think too. Can't see them doing a video for songs that have already been released a while ago in the states.

I just want a new song:happy:, not really bothered if its in Twilight as thats pretty much off my radar. I didn't even know SMBH was in Twilight until I joined this forum last year :facepalm:, and I've been listening to Muse for years.

I'm pretty convinced it's MK. As people have said, Matt singing and not playing the guitar- but it's there- Chris backing vocals, Dom not doing much (just bass and occasional snare hit) and feel all point to the MK breakdown.

:awesome:

How can you make all that conjectures looking a single picture? Matt does a lot of shitty movements when he's doing playback for a video; so, the fact he is just holding the mic says nothing about the song their playing.

American Uprising Video?

No way, Uprising was released there 8 months ago, it's gone.

As long as the new song is recorded ok, which we can presume it is...

It'll be the Twilight song. Like with Paramore and DCFC, they both did the lead singles from the soundtracks, both became full single releases with videos not on any albums, this will be the same.

Warner will want maximum cash in on a band becoming increasingly popular in the US just completing its US tour with another to come, and recording a whole new song from what will be one of the biggest films of the year, soundtrack out at the beginning of June, if they don't release this as a single I should be working for them...

Muse performance video interspersed with clips from the film.

SBH got so popular in the US after Twilight they released it there to radio, with a whole new round of promo for it. This just makes sense.

It'll be the Twilight song. Like with Paramore and DCFC, they both did the lead singles from the soundtracks, both became full single releases with videos not on any albums, this will be the same.

:niall:

so they are on the Eclipse CD once again? I'm very confused whether Muse is on or off.

Guiding Light was definitely my first thought when I looked at the picture, but you guys make a good point about Chris singing.

MK Ultra would be a perfect single since they wouldn't need to chop down its length for a radio edit. And it's just a darn good song. Likewise, I'm horrified at the thought of Unnatural Selection being cut down.

Whatever it may be, I just hope the video is good. To be honest, I've found the previous three videos for The Resistance to be pretty boring.

I don't know why people think they will release Guiding Light? There's been nothing to suggest that it will be a single.

Let's hope we're so lucky. :p

I have to be honest, thinking about that is sickening.

If Muse does the lead single for the film, I'd count on it, given how Paramore's and Death Cab's videos for the previous two films had film footage spliced in.

Doesn't make it any less sickening, of course.

Sorry but for me it is pure lols. Who would have thought that Muse would have ended up here after the days of screwing their management over.

If this happens then gone are the days and the band who refused to "tone down" the falsetto to appeal to the mass US market and their record label.

Sorry but for me it is pure lols. Who would have thought that Muse would have ended up here after the days of screwing their management over.

Yeah, you're right, Who would have thought that Muse would end up doing a video for a song that is going to be in a movie? :noey:

Yeah, you're right, Who would have thought that Muse would end up doing a video for a song that is going to be in a movie? :noey:

I don't get what's so wrong with that. It's just another way of getting their music to people. It'd be stupid for them to pick and choose who they want to listen to their music.

I take it you're either ignorant of the fact that this is in no way new or you are joking?

The first Muse song to ever be used in a soundtrack was Cave. The first piece of music composed by a member of Muse specifically for a film was The International Titles in 2007.

If this happens then gone are the days and the band who refused to "tone down" the falsetto to appeal to the mass US market and their record label.

If anything Muse have become more and more in control of their music. They self-produced this album that has a 15 minute space rock symphony on the end. I would hardly call that appealing to their record label.

If anything Muse have become more and more in control of their music. They self-produced this album that has a 15 minute space rock symphony on the end. I would hardly call that appealing to their record label.

Of course their notoriety and record sales have given the freedom musically but they are also happy to embrace the mass corporate marketing they seemed to go against a few years back but that's just my opinion.

Of course their notoriety and record sales have given the freedom musically but they are also happy to embrace the mass corporate marketing they seemed to go against a few years back but that's just my opinion.

I think that's debatable. I don't think their style of borderline paranoid lyrics and panspermic theories of life really apply to the masses. Nobody could have anticipated Twilight being a massive hit so when SMBH was put on it they were just looking for a new way of getting their music out there. It worked obviously. They always talk about how much they love their contract because they have the freedom to make the music that they want.

How have they embraced the mass corporate marketing?

I take it you're either ignorant of the fact that this is in no way new or you are joking?

I was joking :p

The first Muse song to ever be used in a soundtrack was Cave. The first piece of music composed by a member of Muse specifically for a film was The International Titles in 2007.

I know is not the first time they do this, in fact, If I'm not wrong, I think the first thing they did specifically for a film was the Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want cover for the Not another teen movie soundtrack, and let me say that I find that quite worst that be in Twilight :LOL:

If I was in a band, sucessful in my own country but yet still to fully take on America, and this PR executive comes up to me and says 'would you like to be included on the soundtrack to / write a song for this massive movie that'll be coming out in a few months?'

I would say, FUCK ALMIGHTY YES, RAPE ME WHERE I STAND.

You'd be a fucking moron to turn something like that down. Some humanization of the situation goes a long way.

Archived