I was so worried about having to pee as well. My last pit stop was about 5:00, but it was almost like the anxiety made me feel like I had to go again right away. :$ I got to the barrier and the boardie next to me was in the same situation, and we asked the people around us to save our spot, and they did! :awesome: That was around 6:30. I don't know how much of an anomaly that is, but if you feel like you need to go, it's at least worth asking. The worst thing that can happen is that you lose your spot, and well, that's better than peeing on yourself I guess. :chuckle:

But really, once the music started, I wasn't even aware of my body. You just don't seem to notice discomfort. Well, I guess if you got elbowed in the face you might notice that! :LOL: I didn't visit the loo again until about 1:00 am.

:LOL: I guess ladies need to be peepared -

worst case scenario - use Depends or something similar, obviously won't hold off a monsoon pee but would take care of a light, nervous drizzle.

Only for Muse would I even consider using Depends. :LOL:

I've found that as long as I hydrate really well during the day and stop about 2 hours before the gig I'm fine. As others have said, once Muse is on you really don't notice your body's needs. Also, for the gigs I've been to if you get barrier (or really close) the security staff passed out water during the show. So make friends with security! This is also how you can get stuff like setlists or guitar picks that land between the barrier and the stage.

Oh, and LMAO at the "light, nervous dribble" part. :chuckle:

^Yeah! Security rocked when I was on the barrier! :awesome:

:LOL: I guess ladies need to be peepared -

worst case scenario - use Depends or something similar, obviously won't hold off a monsoon pee but would take care of a light, nervous drizzle.

My mom threatened to wear Depends (she went along with me), but I think she was joking. :chuckle: When I went to the bathroom that last time (after we were already inside), I really couldn't go. It was just a drop. :LOL: I was just panicking and nerves made me think I had to pee.

Well I can't take all the credit there is a show that the English boardies will know about called Soccer Am and they used to do "topless weather" which was a guy with his top off giving the weather report and he would always say "and down south (dramatic pause) light drizzle" - such an appropriate phrase at times! :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...

So my boyfriend and I are going to LA night 1 on Saturday.. we're both around 5'4 and 5'5. He is quite muscle-y, as he wrestles, and I'm incredibly skinny - but kinda buff since I play tennis. I'm slightly worried about getting squished.. so I was thinking going over to Chris' side? Is that more calm?

wat if u want the barrier and u wear glasses??? would that be a problem?

Dude, really? Nothing will happen to your glasses... I wear glasses and have done GA before, mind you not for a Muse gig, but I'm sure they won't magically slip off just cause it's Muse. But you never know... :LOL::p

I don't think they're even gonna let you in :/

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

wat if u want the barrier and u wear glasses??? would that be a problem?

Just be careful when crowd surfers go over you. Pre-wearing contacts I was at a couple of barriers at gigs and festivals in glasses and because of stray legs/wallet chains had to duck my head right down to protect my glasses, which was mega annoying cos in one of those cases the crowd surfers just wouldn't stop. And it was during the Strokes - they're not even a band to mosh to!

Other than that it's just the usual stuff of making sure your head doesn't whack the barrier if there's a crowd surge :chuckle:

Edited by Caff

Just be careful when crowd surfers go over you. Pre-wearing contacts I was at a couple of barriers at gigs and festivals in glasses from stray legs/wallet chains and had to duck my head right down to protect my glasses, which was mega annoying cos in one of those cases the crowd surfers just wouldn't stop. And it was during the Strokes - they're not even a band to mosh to!

Other than that it's just the usual stuff of making sure your head doesn't whack the barrier if there's a crowd surge :chuckle:

yep you'll be pretty safe with glasses...i had mine on at the Big Day Out this year in the muse pit...and agreed...be careful of the crowd surfers...

i'm planning on wearing contacts at the shows i'm going to in october and december...just gotta get used to them!

This is probably going to be a stupid question for those who have been to a ton of Muse gigs, but please bear with me, I am relatively new to this :D Chris' side? Matt's side? Uummm, I didn't know there were sides.... What would be the best spot to be in? (it's my first time in GA/pit at a Muse concert)

So my boyfriend and I are going to LA night 1 on Saturday.. we're both around 5'4 and 5'5. He is quite muscle-y, as he wrestles, and I'm incredibly skinny - but kinda buff since I play tennis. I'm slightly worried about getting squished.. so I was thinking going over to Chris' side? Is that more calm?

Im smaller then that and was about 5 rows from the front on Matts side at Wembley, it was a big push yes but if you go with it your fine :LOL: I know some people would hate it but it is fun if you enjoy those environments.

But I think Chris' side is calmer though, not sure.

This is probably going to be a stupid question for those who have been to a ton of Muse gigs, but please bear with me, I am relatively new to this :D Chris' side? Matt's side? Uummm, I didn't know there were sides.... What would be the best spot to be in? (it's my first time in GA/pit at a Muse concert)

It depends on how tall you are and what your comfortable with. Matt's side, which is usually the left, is more rowdy and ppl push and mosh. Personally, I like the middle leaning towards matt's side, about three rows back. That way, I'm not getting smashed into the barrier, close enough to security in case there is a problem or I want water, and ahead of the moshers. Oh wait, I just realized you're joining me at the Milwaukee gig! Hahah I'll give you more advice in line and prob txt you!

It depends on how tall you are and what your comfortable with. Matt's side, which is usually the left, is more rowdy and ppl push and mosh. Personally, I like the middle leaning towards matt's side, about three rows back. That way, I'm not getting smashed into the barrier, close enough to security in case there is a problem or I want water, and ahead of the moshers. Oh wait, I just realized you're joining me at the Milwaukee gig! Hahah I'll give you more advice in line and prob txt you!

I'll take this advice, thanks! I was thinking of trying the middle, but I wonder - if I have a problem and want to move back through the crowd, won't it be easier on the side?

Brilliant! Thanks for a great tip! :) I like the way you think, lol. I just hope the crowdsurfers will leave their heels at home. :D

Going to be queueing @ the Arco Arena around 10:30AM with a friend. We have 2 other friends coming but they don't finish class until 2:00ish, think it'll be ok if we let them jump in the queue with us?

Short answer no.

People won't very happy if they have been queueing since the morning and suddenly 2 more people just show up early afternoon and get before them, also there is a good chance that security will kicked out to the back of the queue.

Short answer no.

People won't very happy if they have been queueing since the morning and suddenly 2 more people just show up early afternoon and get before them, also there is a good chance that security will kicked out to the back of the queue.

I totally understand the logic and don't appreciate when people jump the line. I am wondering if just one person joining a group would be considered truly bad. It would just suck to be at the end of the line alone just because you had to drive 6 hours that day and couldn't get to the place early enough... Thoughts? :$

I totally understand the logic and don't appreciate when people jump the line. I am wondering if just one person joining a group would be considered truly bad. It would just suck to be at the end of the line alone just because you had to drive 6 hours that day and couldn't get to the place early enough... Thoughts? :$

It really depends on the people around you in the queue but it's still generally considered to be a bit cheeky. What the person turning up a bit later has to consider is that they are not the only one in that situation - if everyone who turned up later skipped the queue, then it would render the whole process a bit pointless :LOL: I don't agree with it, but check with the people around you and see what they say - you never know, you might get lucky and find they don't mind.