for most concerts, you want to primarily try to avoid being in front of any speakers stacked on the stage. i think at these larger MUSE shows, they will be suspending the speakers so you wont have to deal with it.

usually, there will be more pushing and 'waves' of people falling over the closer you get to the stage. you find a balance of how "close" you want to be, without dealing with people. everybody's preferences for this are different. the more center-stage you are, the more probable of a better view you will have with the same distance from rail. there is also a chance you will have to spend some effort not being near/behind people that are overly spastic or tall and blocking view, or whatever comes up. some people like to lean on the people in front of them with their elbows (painful) or put hands on others' shoulders (i dont mind).

i myself like being in the big groups of people jumping to the songs screaming our heads off, around 3-6 people away from the rail, somewhat center stage wherever the more rowdy group of people are :)

Edited by SniperOmega

My sister and I are going to be going to the 1st night in the Staples center. This is actually going to be our first Muse concert and our very first time being in GA for any concert. Both of us are average height. Should we stay towards the middle, or the front? We want to be able to see well be we don't want to get crushed. What do you guys recommend?

It depends on the kind of experience you want. If you want to be on the barrier, be prepared to spend the entire day in the queue -- but you will meet some cool people there!

Having seen the towers a few times now, there is one difference with this setup: the stage is very high, maybe 8 feet above pit level. So you actually get a much better view of the awesome visuals, lasers, etc -- not to mention the band! -- from a bit further back. We were on the barrier in Vancouver, could hardly move my neck for 24hrs after! So for Seattle and Portland we found spots about 30 feet back or more, near the middle but on Chris' side (the douchebags and circle pit nonsense tend to happen in the center and to Matthew's side). Primo view, and could actually see them performing when they were on the towers!

The view from there in Seattle (be sure to watch the classic part at 2:20!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsgYXLEFzTg

As you can see in this vid, if we had been on the barrier, we would have heard Ruled By Secrecy, but it was incredible to actually watch Matthew at the piano on the tower (and this with the tower only partway elevated)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLq-n0xO-WQ

My sister and I are going to be going to the 1st night in the Staples center. This is actually going to be our first Muse concert and our very first time being in GA for any concert. Both of us are average height. Should we stay towards the middle, or the front? We want to be able to see well be we don't want to get crushed. What do you guys recommend?

If you care about being able to see the band for the entirety of the show, the barrier is the safest bet. There are always going to be some semi-tall to tall people around you unless you get to the very front. I personally enjoy staying centered so I have a nice view of the entire stage though with all the jumping up and down that goes on at a Muse concert, you will definitely find yourself re-located at some point. Go with the flow.

Hello Everybody,

sorry for my bad english :(:(.

How far are the 1st level unreserved seats from the stage ?

Does anyone have some pictures ?

I'll go to Wembley gig and I would like to take some pictures ... but I'm scared that in the pit my camera will be broken ...

Annalisa

-8am is the earliest i queued from at a Wembley gig before and I needn't have bothered being so early.I could have easily waited until about midday. People were milling around rather than queing-and even when the gates openned and you got the initial burst running for the front-it still takes the afternoon to fill up -Plus you get all the late arrivers that come via the coach packages or travel up on the day from further awayetc.

Hello Everybody,

sorry for my bad english :(:(.

How far are the 1st level unreserved seats from the stage ?

Does anyone have some pictures ?

I'll go to Wembley gig and I would like to take some pictures ... but I'm scared that in the pit my camera will be broken ...

Annalisa

Either at the side, or gradually getting further away depending on where you get them...some will be mega far (like the length of the pitch, funnily enough) from the stage

I don't want to get dehydrated in the queue, but I DO NOT want to have to pee during the concert, or I'll lose my barrier spot. Suggestions? :(

Drink your water, then pee in the bottle?

:LOL:

Seriously though, you'll be too excited during the concert to pee. Just go right before we head inside, and you'll be fine.

Drink your water, then pee in the bottle?

:LOL:

Seriously though, you'll be too excited during the concert to pee. Just go right before we head inside, and you'll be fine.

Girls can't do that :chuckle:

But it'll seriously bug me for the entire gig if I have to pee the whole time :LOL:

I don't want to get dehydrated in the queue, but I DO NOT want to have to pee during the concert, or I'll lose my barrier spot. Suggestions? :(

Okay, just drink a few AA/Extran or whatever. The drinks in bottles that you can use for sporting. Enough minerals en salts. And eat salty food...chips, pringles, I don't know what you can get closeby.

Just go to the toilet an hour before doors will open and you will be fine (unless you drink a dozen of bottles of course ;) ). Just 3 or maybe 4.

That will help most of the times...and don't give my colleagues of first aid not so much work by fainting caused by not enough drinks/food.

What I did in terms of hydration and nutrition was this:

HUGE breakfast early in the morning. Eggs, bacon, toast, orange juice... The whole nine. If you're one if those who has to go number two after breakfast, you should have enough time if you eat early. :LOL:

Pee as many times as you can in the morning.

When I got to the line around noon (Chicago gig), hung out with friends, talked, and STILL was full from breakfast. Around 3, we walked to get hot chocolate while our friends held our spot. Peed again. Hot chocolate fills you up!!! So if you're hungry, I recommend it! Peed again once doors opened. Was totally fine for the whole gig. It's all about preparation, hydration, and having friends who have your back.

I'm so afraid :LOL:

I was so worried about having to pee as well. My last pit stop was about 5:00, but it was almost like the anxiety made me feel like I had to go again right away. :$ I got to the barrier and the boardie next to me was in the same situation, and we asked the people around us to save our spot, and they did! :awesome: That was around 6:30. I don't know how much of an anomaly that is, but if you feel like you need to go, it's at least worth asking. The worst thing that can happen is that you lose your spot, and well, that's better than peeing on yourself I guess. :chuckle:

But really, once the music started, I wasn't even aware of my body. You just don't seem to notice discomfort. Well, I guess if you got elbowed in the face you might notice that! :LOL: I didn't visit the loo again until about 1:00 am.

So my brother and I are going to see muse in newark in Oct. We got pit seats. Its our first time being in the pitt. Its my goal to get near the front (also want to see the effects) but i know thats pretty much everyones goal in the pitt. SO my question is how early do you think we have to be there to get a good view? Also if we dont, what else is the best place to be in the pitt

Edited by EmilyB19

HUGE breakfast early in the morning. Eggs, bacon, toast, orange juice... The whole nine. If you're one if those who has to go number two after breakfast, you should have enough time if you eat early. :LOL:

When I got to the line around noon (Chicago gig), hung out with friends, talked, and STILL was full from breakfast. Around 3, we walked to get hot chocolate while our friends held our spot. Peed again. Hot chocolate fills you up!!! So if you're hungry, I recommend it! Peed again once doors opened. Was totally fine for the whole gig. It's all about preparation, hydration, and having friends who have your back.

I shall try this :ninja:

except I don't have friends who have my back. Just my brother :facepalm::LOL:

quick question, how long could you leave the queue to go to the bathroom and get food and all? I don't want to piss anybody in line.

LOL this sounds like the morning of a huge race or sports competition. But I agree with the Pee schedule. I made the mistake last time of getting quite inebriated in line and then not realizing how badly I would have to go to the potty during the show. Rookie mistake.

So my brother and I are going to see muse in newark in Oct. We got pit seats. Its our first time being in the pitt. Its my goal to get near the front (also want to see the effects) but i know thats pretty much everyones goal in the pitt. SO my question is how early do you think we have to be there to get a good view? Also if we dont, what else is the best place to be in the pitt

There will be people camping out all day. I got to my last Muse show at around 5 pm and was already pretty far back, though I had a great view of the stage. I would say if you want to be at the very very front, be prepared to get there early afternoon if not earlier.

Can I just say, it's FAR better to need to go the toilet mid-gig than pass out due to dehydration, you really don't want to pass out, trust me. Don't purposefully limit the amount of water you drink, take a bottle in... it may be an effort to carry around but you'll thank me when after the first 5 songs you're desperate for a drink :)

I was so worried about having to pee as well. My last pit stop was about 5:00, but it was almost like the anxiety made me feel like I had to go again right away. :$ I got to the barrier and the boardie next to me was in the same situation, and we asked the people around us to save our spot, and they did! :awesome: That was around 6:30. I don't know how much of an anomaly that is, but if you feel like you need to go, it's at least worth asking. The worst thing that can happen is that you lose your spot, and well, that's better than peeing on yourself I guess. :chuckle:

But really, once the music started, I wasn't even aware of my body. You just don't seem to notice discomfort. Well, I guess if you got elbowed in the face you might notice that! :LOL: I didn't visit the loo again until about 1:00 am.

:LOL: I didn't go again until 2:00 a.m.! :LOL::LOL::LOL: