Depends on the people around you tbh, I never really like to be gone for more than twenty/thirty minutes tops although it obviously does depend on how big queues are for the bathrooms/food places/etc. Usually if you ask people whether they need anything from the shops then that helps too, always good to get people on your side :LOL:

From the moment it is a reasonable amount of time you'll be fine, just tell the people around you or security where you are going and how long you should be... i.e. I'm going to grab some food I should be back in 30 mins,

Thank you L and vibrantXhearts!

Never queued before so I have absolutely no idea how this kind of thing is done. But that helped me lots :)

haha yeah i meant between people online.

that would be...amazing if it was with band..but im not naive enough to believe that would happen. would be......epic though.

depends some meets are organised through threads in banter otherwise, a lot of people know each other so we just call, text or msn to organise to meet up.

And Matt falling over :LOL: What a n00b.

:LOL:

and matt not singing half of TIRO and the SS with matt and the cape and rain matt during KoC... Gosh that gig was epic!

Thank you L and vibrantXhearts!

Never queued before so I have absolutely no idea how this kind of thing is done. But that helped me lots :)

You're welcome!

lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxiuGT77W0s

01:25 :LOL:

I have half the videos of that gig as favourites! :LOL:

I'm sure its been mentioned in this thread before, so forgive me but... I'm 5`6, does anyone think I'll have trouble seeing the stage for tomorrow's show?

Just one of the many things I'm worried that might hinder my first GA experience. I'm queuing up pretty early too, so I'll be near the front if it matters.

I'm sure its been mentioned in this thread before, so forgive me but... I'm 5`6, does anyone think I'll have trouble seeing the stage for tomorrow's show?

Just one of the many things I'm worried that might hinder my first GA experience. I'm queuing up pretty early too, so I'll be near the front if it matters.

I'm the same height as you, and was worried about this back in april :) . If you end up getting the barrier (you said you were lining up early), you'll have an great view.

First experience in the pit was pretty good :) I was on center barrier, with boardie friends on either side. My dad was behind me, and he protected me from getting crushed :happy:

[spoiler= issues]My only issues were that the security guard in front of me was super tall, and I'm really short, and so my view was kind of blocked. There was also a situation during Hysteria where a girl was getting bumped by some guys back around the 4th row, and so my dad tried to help by pulling her in front of him (2nd row). Then she started going off and trying to punch the guys, but security was ridiculous and they didn't pull her out. So she stayed behind me the entire show, and my dad was struggling to stay with me. She was a complete bitch though. After the show she made some shitty comment like "put your hair up", but my hair was in a ponytail the entire gig so I was like "You weren't even in the second row, sooooo" and then I ignored her. I wanted to cuss her out, but she might have thrown punches :LOL: She was an idiot, my dad thinks she might have been on drugs.

Also, there was a guy at the very end of KOC who trying to pull himself with both arms to the barrier, and my friend Sarah and I shoved him off because he was totally being a dick. I felt accomplished :chuckle:

/rant

Anyway, epically awesome night. Headbanging and fistpumping the entire time :happy:

Would have been an awesome view if I were taller!

62340_1633043832338_1423929772_31711071_953915_n.jpg

My first experience in the pit was Anaheim. I had so much fun, though at first I thought I was going to suffocate :happy:

I just was wondering about some etiquette since I'm still a noob at this. Most of the time I was sandwiched in between people from all sides and I didn't know where to put my arms, so I ended up resting my elbows on the shoulders of whoever was in front of me :LOL: Is that rude?

My first experience in the pit was Anaheim. I had so much fun, though at first I thought I was going to suffocate :happy:

I just was wondering about some etiquette since I'm still a noob at this. Most of the time I was sandwiched in between people from all sides and I didn't know where to put my arms, so I ended up resting my elbows on the shoulders of whoever was in front of me :LOL: Is that rude?

rude, yeah, and painful! elbows are pointy! My one and only time so far doing the mental in-the-mix thing (Wembley, 2nd row back by the runway-barrier on Matt's side) I made a point of assuring the people in front of me that if I was sticking my arm through it was only to hold on, not to shove in! Arms are either up in the air or down by sides otherwise.

^ Ah my bad. I didn't jab anyone though, just resting elbows on top of their shoulder. I won't do that again :$ I know what you mean by painful though, someone's elbow was in my left shoulder blade and I felt that for days afterwards lol.

Ive been to several Muse shows but I finally have GA for Uniondale NY! Whats a good GA spot to get in that is close and doesnt involve getting my butt kicked :LOL: I only ask since the group Im with is kind of not built for nor fond of moshing, I with a bad knee, my girlfriend who is short, and my friend who bruises like a banana. I plan on getting in the queue extremely early to assure a barrier spot, but I was thinking more toward stage right or left versus center stage. Anyone have experience on the barrier in various locations with good crowd results?

• 2 weeks later...

How has General Admission been working for this tour? Line up at the door or whatever, do they then scan your tickets when the doors open and give you a wrist band or do you have to go somewhere else after you get in the building have your ticket rescanned and get a wrist band?

How has General Admission been working for this tour? Line up at the door or whatever, do they then scan your tickets when the doors open and give you a wrist band or do you have to go somewhere else after you get in the building have your ticket rescanned and get a wrist band?

As was explained on the Columbus thread, iirc, it varies from venue to venue, you'd be better off asking on the thread for the gig you're going to as it's more likely that the folk there will have been to a gig at the same place recently enough for it to be the same process.