I was fortunate to have some lovely people around me in Chicago who let my brother in law jump the queue. I got there about 9 am but he had to work and couldn't make it in until 2 pm and they didn't have a problem with it. If anyone around me had had a problem with it he would have just had to move to the end of the line. It's not like people have the right to hold line spaces for others. Maybe if you bring some snacks/drinks to share in line people will be more forgiving. :D

It's not like people have the right to hold line spaces for others. Maybe if you bring some snacks/drinks to share in line people will be more forgiving. :D

Oh, no, I completely agree!

I was thinking of doing the same - bringing drinks/snacks :D - that's a great idea! Thanks for the advice. I will have to figure out whether I want to risk being in the end of the line or make arrangements to be able to come early. :happy:

The reason it's called a queue is because you join the end of it when you arrive............

Up there with chics on guys shoulders and effn circle dancing.

:chuckle:

I hate it when people get on other peoples shoulders... it's almost like saying "Hey, I can't see, so I'm going to get on my friend's shoulders and block YOUR view instead :awesome:" Plus, it's dangerous. One wrong move, and the person on the shoulders can go tumbling.

:chuckle:

I hate it when people get on other peoples shoulders... it's almost like saying "Hey, I can't see, so I'm going to get on my friend's shoulders and block YOUR view instead :awesome:" Plus, it's dangerous. One wrong move, and the person on the shoulders can go tumbling.

I think in the USA the security will immed threaten with booting you from the show when people try to hop on another person's shoulders -- except maybe at outdoor fests? I haven't seen it too much @ the USA Muse gigs. but I agree its a potential hazard for the shoulderer / shoulderee, and the people immed nearby

I think in the USA the security will immed threaten with booting you from the show when people try to hop on another person's shoulders -- except maybe at outdoor fests? I haven't seen it too much @ the USA Muse gigs. but I agree its a potential hazard for the shoulderer / shoulderee, and the people immed nearby

Security here tell you get down immediately and you get threatened with being booted out if you do it again. If someone is doing it where they're not going to be immediately noticed by security, then it does become a little trickier. . .cups of water/beer/etc usually do the trick :LOL:

Exactly. . .even people really are selfish enough not to give a toss that they're blocking someone else's view, then surely the realisation that it's actually pretty dangerous, especially when in a crowd, would be enough to make them stop :erm:

reminds me of when i saw blur in hyde park last year...people pelted bottled at people sitting on peoples shoulders :)

Ah, memories :happy:

i think the only time i saw people on shoulders in the us was at bamboozle when muse was headlining. its pretty stupid actually..one false move when people are crowdsurfing or forming a pit...and splat.

Exactly! Even if it's at an outdoor gig/festival where it's been raining and the ground is soft. . .it can still hurt a lot when you hit the floor!

I've seen them 5 times this year (:$) so I think that's me done for this year :LOL: Was tempted by the October 23rd gig, but it was not to be, sadly :(

:LOL: dammmn girl! im impressed. seeing as i am currently a poor relatively jobless loser i am unable to do that kind of damage. :p

however i saw them in march in nyc and will go to see them in nj in october. weee!

:LOL: dammmn girl! im impressed. seeing as i am currently a poor relatively jobless loser i am unable to do that kind of damage. :p

however i saw them in march in nyc and will go to see them in nj in october. weee!

I may have seen them 21 times in total, but that is nothing compared to some people on here! Damage is a great way of putting it :LOL:

MSG? MSG gigs always look so amazing, crowd usually looks really good from videos too. NJ is on the 24th, isn't it? Hope you have a great time :)

I may have seen them 21 times in total, but that is nothing compared to some people on here! Damage is a great way of putting it :LOL:

MSG? MSG gigs always look so amazing, crowd usually looks really good from videos too. NJ is on the 24th, isn't it? Hope you have a great time :)

21 times?! lol holy crap i have catching up to do. nj on the 24 will be my fourth time. sigh. my ultimate dream would be to see them in every continent. but...we'll see. :D

yeah it was awesome. i had a shit seat but this time i am in GA, so although it's a different venue...i hope it's that much better. im used to the non-stadium muse experience..outdoor venues and being able to rape the stage with my overzealousness.

still not quite sure how the GA is going to work in NJ..the stadium map looked confusing even though i've been there before. it seems GA has sections...which doesn't make sense to me. i want to be crushed. :happy:

still not quite sure how the GA is going to work in NJ..the stadium map looked confusing even though i've been there before. it seems GA has sections...which doesn't make sense to me. i want to be crushed. :happy:

Ali will be able to vouch for that having both been to Oxegen... you do want to be crushed!

21 times?! lol holy crap i have catching up to do. nj on the 24 will be my fourth time. sigh. my ultimate dream would be to see them in every continent. but...we'll see. :D

yeah it was awesome. i had a shit seat but this time i am in GA, so although it's a different venue...i hope it's that much better. im used to the non-stadium muse experience..outdoor venues and being able to rape the stage with my overzealousness.

Look out on youtube for videos taken at gigs at the venue in the past? Or maybe talk to someone who's been to a gig there, and see what they say. Might even be worth emailing/ringing the venue to find out!

Ali will be able to vouch for that having both been to Oxegen... you do want to be crushed!

haha ive been crushed at their gigs before..its crazy. i just dont want to be in a politely seated area....lame.

Look out on youtube for videos taken at gigs at the venue in the past? Or maybe talk to someone who's been to a gig there, and see what they say. Might even be worth emailing/ringing the venue to find out!

well i went to see someone there...non-muse...and they were like in the pit. so i just assumed anyone with a GA ticket would queue and it would be a first come first serve thing. i dunno if they just filled in random numbers though...ive had that happen at other GA shows. but i'll be a tiny bit bummed if im not thrown in the pit.

and i did email them earlier. im just being a whiny brat. lol. and thank you for wishing me a good time! :chuckle:

haha ive been crushed at their gigs before..its crazy. i just dont want to be in a politely seated area....lame.

I can promise you after being crushed nearly to death at the barrier at Oxegen for 8 hours the crushing at the barrier at wembley was a walk in the park :LOL:

well i went to see someone there...non-muse...and they were like in the pit. so i just assumed anyone with a GA ticket would queue and it would be a first come first serve thing. i dunno if they just filled in random numbers though...ive had that happen at other GA shows. but i'll be a tiny bit bummed if im not thrown in the pit.

and i did email them earlier. im just being a whiny brat. lol. and thank you for wishing me a good time! :chuckle:

Do the tickets have different numbers on, like GA6, GA7, etc? If so, that may just be so that they can keep track on how many GA tickets are sold.

Nah, you're not being a whiny brat, best to know these kind of things beforehand so you're all clued up before you go :) No problem!

I can promise you after being crushed nearly to death at the barrier at Oxegen for 8 hours the crushing at the barrier at wembley was a walk in the park :LOL:

+eleventy billion.

Even being in the pit/6 rows back for RatM wasn't that bad compared to the Oxegen barrier. . .could seriously feel my ribs threatening to pop at one point :stunned:

Not that I'm trying to put anyone off or anything :LOL:

hahaha that was in...ireland?

yes it was... but it was worth it I mean: Biffy Clyro, Florence and The Machine, Kasabian and Muse all in one day although we asked to be pulled out before Muse so we could go at the back of the golden circle to have room to jump and dance.

+eleventy billion.

Even being in the pit/6 rows back for RatM wasn't that bad compared to the Oxegen barrier. . .could seriously feel my ribs threatening to pop at one point :stunned:

Yeah same here I did srsly think I was going to crack a rib or 2 during kasabian...

Do the tickets have different numbers on, like GA6, GA7, etc? If so, that may just be so that they can keep track on how many GA tickets are sold.

Nah, you're not being a whiny brat, best to know these kind of things beforehand so you're all clued up before you go :) No problem!

+eleventy billion.

yes it says what you mentioned. i thought about that...keeping track. lol. but after having nosebleed seats the last time..id really like to see them violently close. ;) im also dragging along my friend, since i used to go with my ex (boo..hiss) so i'm trying to figure out how early i should show up to queue. i mean..im not going to camp out. but im kind of hoping to spend most of the day there....not sure if she realizes that yet.

ah you went as well? hmm. so when people go abroad for muse..do you guys mostly meet up with people from the forum? or do you drag others with you? ha. this is something i would definitely do in the future.