Guiding Light is not as bad as everyone says

Agreed, when i first listened to The Resistance, GL stood out to me as one of the better tracks...:LOL:

Erm, when I first listened to the album, the song stood out to me as the least favourite song, although the song itself isn't that bad. I think it depends on how you compare the song, with which standard, as Muse songs or general pop songs. The album got 11 songs and they just wasted one song...that's what came to my mind, when they said they had recorded only the 11 songs, not even one b-side.

Ok. I made up my mind. The song I really can't stand is Con-Science.

And then I'd probably say Neutron Star Collision and Guiding Light.

I quite like Prague. I see it as Muse going back to their roots and remembering 90s. It has this "Weezer feel" and I like that. Most of cover Muse have done have this "Weezer feel".

• 2 weeks later...
I'd have to say Knights of Cydonia, It's a good song an all but it just doesn't sound like a Muse song.

yea, the whole of the resistance album sounds well more like muse

:stunned:

:LOL:

:p

for me it's anything off the resistance album besides maybe uprising and mk ultra, i'm just not a big fan of it and definetly neutron star collision and I think i've heard feeling good a bit to many times :stunned:

I really like 'Unintended', it's sort of my first encounter with MUSE (and I never was keen on rock music - well not that much, it was OK) and this song made me search for other MUSE songs ('New Born', 'Sing for Absolution' and the whole lot). And I sort of developed a soft spot for MUSE and the unique euphony of sounds they create - I can find everything in their music.

Also, the songs that (at the beginning) were just OK, have gradually turned into real dears :D ('Assassin', 'Citizen Erased')

A lot depends on my mood swings. Definitely cannot diss a MUSE song, because each and everyone of them was composed and performed with real ingenuity and extreme attention to detail. :happy:

Whoa, you just summed up how I got into Muse :eek: (Well, bar 'Assassin')

I think my opinion is the same as last time (not counting B-sides): The Small Print. Yugh.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived