Compared to Showbiz, Absolution or any of their other albums?

I wouldn't say Showbiz is better really. Maybe more raw and individual but the material, barring the title track, Muscle Museum and a couple of others, isn't as strong IMO.

I wouldn't say Showbiz is better really. Maybe more raw and individual but the material, barring the title track, Muscle Museum and a couple of others, isn't as strong IMO.

Maybe I'm just biased... I've always liked Showbiz and I think it's my favorite album, but I don't think there's a comparison between The Resistance and Showbiz...for one thing, Showbiz doesn't have a terrible track like TR does. :D

Maybe I'm just biased... I've always liked Showbiz and I think it's my favorite album, but I don't think there's a comparison between The Resistance and Showbiz...for one thing, Showbiz doesn't have a terrible track like TR does. :D

Overdue is pretty bad

I don't get all the hate for Guiding Light. It's cheesy but it's very listenable.

Personally I think USoE is probably worse, as well as Exogenesis Part 1, although the latter is part of an awesome whole so I guess that's a bit different.

I don't get all the hate for Guiding Light. It's cheesy but it's very listenable.

Personally I think USoE is probably worse, as well as Exogenesis Part 1, although the latter is part of an awesome whole so I guess that's a bit different.

How dare you insult Exogenesis :phu: Part 1 is my favorite.

USoE isn't one of the best or anything, but it's certainly more interesting than Guiding Light. Like I've said before, the first few bars of GL are good, but then the bass comes in and you realize that the entire song is going to be exactly the same.

I don't like United States of Eurasia much either...I don't like the sound or something, plus the lyrics. :stunned: I think some people just don't like symphonies, my favorite of them was Part 2 for some reason, that's my favorite.

Oh dear.

Guiding Light is the placid, boring cooldown song that they play before they play something that that the crowd actually likes. ;)

Notice what songs bookend it. It seems that they put it on the album for that purpose. :awesome:

When the beholder thinks Guiding Light is good, then no. :chuckle:

At least according to this board.

To be fair, I'm not really saying it's a great song musically, just that I like it :p I know it's not an amazing song technically but you can still like something without thinking that.

To be fair, I'm not really saying it's a great song musically, just that I like it :p I know it's not an amazing song technically but you can still like something without thinking that.

I doubt that's the reason to why anyone dislikes it.

I know, I know. My favorite songs usually aren't that technically difficult to play. But Guiding Light is just... boring. It doesn't change at all, except for the guitar solo.

I think Guiding Light would be good if someone else sang it....It could be considered the worst Muse song but if Gaga sang it it would be her best....

I don't like SMBH, don't like the song, shit lyrics, too poppy for me. It's catchy but that's about it..

:noey:

I think Guiding Light would be good if someone else sang it....It could be considered the worst Muse song but if Gaga sang it it would be her best....

I don't like SMBH, don't like the song, shit lyrics, too poppy for me. It's catchy but that's about it..

...Um.

Is this one of those What's Wrong With This Picture games? Because I counted at least five things.

Archived