There are two songs that don't sound as good live as they do recorded, which is odd for Muse. MotP and Resistance which are just horrible because they lack the loudness you get on the recorded version, especially MoTP at the start... where did all the effects go?

Have seen MoTP live many times, but they were not that horrible as you described, although I wonder why the version on HAARP CD does sound so flat and weak. I mean, they could do better mastering.

I can't say which one I think the worst, GL or NSC. They are bad in different ways. The first time I heard GL, I was taken aback because that was the least type of songs I had expected from the band, and it didn't appeal to me at all. Then the first time I heard NSC, I just laughed. Found it entertaining, though.

That's the main difference between GL and NSC; NSC is actually entertaining. GL is just shit and boring in every way.

I have to agree with your post. At the first listen I was so disappointed when GL ended without getting any better at the middle section or the last chorus...I guess the solo didn't work for me either. But at the 2nd listen, I noticed that oh well the solo wasn't that bad, but this didn't save the song.

I love a lot of songs on it but I don't think it's a complete album and you can tell it's their first, just doesn't sound all that great at times. However give someone Origin, Absolution and Black Holes and they'll become a Muse fan, especially live. I just think Showbiz is an album only Muse fans can really love.

The Resistance sounds great, you can tell Muse have matured and lots of people love songs on it like Americans lol. I just hate the album live, it's so generic at times and sounds very quite and slow. It also doesn't really show off any guitar talent or how high Matt's voice can go.

Though I love Muse, I just hope they can do something better than The Resistance album next time. I wanna hear more Drums like Stockholm and more guitar like Plug in Baby and more bass like Hysteria. I don't wanna hear the generic music from The Resistance again lol.

I agree completely with the last paragraph. and you're correct about the resistance, too. The thing about TR is that it doesn't sound that great live, and that it doesn't show off the guitars or how great of a singer Matt is. I didn't like the album as much, but it was still a good album.

Same here - The Resistance is great, if you sit in an armchair, drink wine and listen it in your Senheissers. But as concert-album it's so-so.

It is not as good for raping amps and falling into drums like Abso was. It isn't positive emotions album like BH&R. But it's a great pop, rock and classical synthaesis

I don't even recognize Prague as a song Muse has ever played.

Because I don't want to.

I really don't, haha.

Same here :LOL:

Same here - The Resistance is great, if you sit in an armchair, drink wine and listen it in your Senheissers. But as concert-album it's so-so.

Have to disagree. Uprising, Unnatural Selection, MK Ultra, USoE, Overture and IbtY are great live songs IMO! And somehow I also like Resistance...

I have to agree with your post. At the first listen I was so disappointed when GL ended without getting any better at the middle section or the last chorus...I guess the solo didn't work for me either. But at the 2nd listen, I noticed that oh well the solo wasn't that bad, but this didn't save the song.

NSC guitar solo sounds like puff the magic dragon!!

Although NSC is a strong contender for me for the worst muse song, I don't think it's quite as bad as it is made out to be. Musically, the piano intro, first chorus and piano outro are quite good. Just the shitty second verse and solo which sound cheap and half arsed that ruin it for me. And then there's the lyrics (although I just put that down to the fact it was written mainly for twilight).

Other songs I don't think are great are Falling Down and Soldier's Poem

HATE I belong to you, just so shit

I tend to skip it when it comes on shuffle, but I don't hate it, I prefer the middle section though, rest is just too cheesy/poppy for my tastes. That guitar version in a rehearsal that was released as a clip seemed interesting though

Kinda like Feeling Good, Popcorn, CTMEOY, House Of The Rising Sun and Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want? Kinda like all those other songs that aren't Muse songs, right?

If i say i dont see prague is a muse song i mean something that really doesn't sound muse enough as a cover. the cover just doesnt sound like a good muse cover

and when someone else says the same as i did, it's not a problem is it?

If i say i dont see prague is a muse song i mean something that really doesn't sound muse enough as a cover. the cover just doesnt sound like a good muse cover

and when someone else says the same as i did, it's not a problem is it?

People like pushing you. Just as people like complaining about me, deal with it :awesome:

So bad song=Not Muse?

not sure how serious this is but in my opinion it is actually quite a good song

I am actually serious. I have said, on multiple occasions, that I think IBTY is awesome, especially live. In fact it's one of the few songs from The Resistance that I found enjoyable live and listening to at home.

Archived