anyone who's ever changed the tubes in their amp:

do you notice much of a difference with brand/matched/etc etc?

yes, massive difference. i replaced power tubes and preamp tubes in my jcm900 and my tone got brighter and more crunchy.. but i preferred it the way it was before hah

er

what's the best way to fix a stripped strap button hole?...i tried the match stick way, but as soon as i put the strap back on and the guitars weight was put on it...it got all loose again.

rather not use glue or anything liek that.

er

what's the best way to fix a stripped strap button hole?...i tried the match stick way, but as soon as i put the strap back on and the guitars weight was put on it...it got all loose again.

rather not use glue or anything liek that.

You are talking about the screw hole that goes into the guitar yeh? Use a bigger screw, or fill the hole with some wood (like your matchstick) as well as some glue, wait for it to dry and put a new screw in. Why don't you want to use glue?

Guest bshuker

i wouldn't worry dude I think you'll actually do a great job, you're just gonna get buttfucked for the first few weeks by us lot lol

i wouldn't worry dude I think you'll actually do a great job, you're just gonna get buttfucked for the first few weeks by us lot lol

well one of the things i'm going to look at doing is coming up with a bit of a better system for the knt. I'm not just going to make a bunch of random changes for the sake of it. I'll be taking on ideas, and hopefuly we can sort out the poor kitten a little bit. When it's not being spammed to fuck, the knt is a great place, but you know as much as i do, when people start to push their luck and wreck the place, it turns to shit, and most of us get bored of looking at it.

don't worry. i will not ban teh lulz. :LOL:

Guest bshuker

:D

this makes me happy face

one thing that was my main issue jus nao with the removal of our banter and its replacement with this thread is:

theres not really any room now to post random tab/music related stuff like:

i'm gonna meet buckley's mum

i just found this cool flash app on the net

etcetc

cool little things, that don't deserve a whole thread, and don't have any place in any other thread.

can we come up with a place for stuff like that? the k&T RANDOM thread was good for that, BANTER ruined it and made it much less gear/music oriented

so can you have a look at something like that for us?!

oh yeah of course. I totally agree. I'll be having a proper look at ways to improve knt from monday. I think the most likely solution will be to make topics that can cover broad things. for example, the general luithery thread. That's working great! There's no spam in there, and people who have issues/progress/pics etc on building can discuss it in there. Similarly, the Guitar pr0n thread works well too.

I'll be taking ideas and suggestions, from monday. I'll probably look through the suggestions thread, and possibly start a new one discussing ideas and options with anyone who has a concern.

I think K&T is pretty good at the moment with all of the designated threads: pictures of your gear, general luthiery, recommended gear etc. Most of the new posts generally go into one of these designated threads so everything is sorted well. I think when the new album arrives and all the inevitable new members these designated threads need to be promoted more to avoid a load of threads being made that could fall into one of these threads.

I agree with what's happened about banter as if people need to chat and discuss non-k&t things the banter sub forum is an ideal area for this to take place. So let's maybe have our own k&t thread in banter.

Also I think mods need to be a bit stricter about offensive posts and people deliberately taking threads off topic with "whammy" etc. Although most of this has been sorted out with the recent bannings.

Edit: Congrats on the mod status Trad3mark!!!

yeah, i think it got WAY out of hand with the whammy shit. The best thing to do in those cases is to just report the posts. Like, a joke is one thing, we all get jokes! but when someone asks a genuine question, and some ponce comes back with "You can't play the guitar unless you whammy your whammy's whammy," it just pisses people off.

Archived