I'll whammy all your damn whammies with my whammy. Whammer hammer.

I think K&T is pretty good at the moment with all of the designated threads: pictures of your gear, general luthiery, recommended gear etc. Most of the new posts generally go into one of these designated threads so everything is sorted well. I think when the new album arrives and all the inevitable new members these designated threads need to be promoted more to avoid a load of threads being made that could fall into one of these threads.

I agree with what's happened about banter as if people need to chat and discuss non-k&t things the banter sub forum is an ideal area for this to take place. So let's maybe have our own k&t thread in banter.

Also I think mods need to be a bit stricter about offensive posts and people deliberately taking threads off topic with "whammy" etc. Although most of this has been sorted out with the recent bannings.

Edit: Congrats on the mod status Trad3mark!!!

*hi5!*

Thing is though every thread goes off topic with the occasional lolz. I mean I burst into the German thread yesterday talking about my beardy dog. It's fine to have a laugh, nobody will go around banning your lolz. It's just the obvious off-topic ongoing conversations and the rudeness that we had a problem with.

I think K&T is pretty good at the moment with all of the designated threads: pictures of your gear, general luthiery, recommended gear etc. Most of the new posts generally go into one of these designated threads so everything is sorted well. I think when the new album arrives and all the inevitable new members these designated threads need to be promoted more to avoid a load of threads being made that could fall into one of these threads.

I agree with what's happened about banter as if people need to chat and discuss non-k&t things the banter sub forum is an ideal area for this to take place. So let's maybe have our own k&t thread in banter.

Also I think mods need to be a bit stricter about offensive posts and people deliberately taking threads off topic with "whammy" etc. Although most of this has been sorted out with the recent bannings.

Edit: Congrats on the mod status Trad3mark!!!

this.

and yeah, congratulations trad3mark! i can see you doing a very good job here

smoke machines:

we played a gig tonight in lincoln, everything was going pretty well until about twenty minutes in when matt completely lost his voice and we had to stop playing. there was a smoke machine putting out quite a serious amount of smoke onto the stage, his throat was dry and his range got completely knackered.

anybody have the same experience with this happening? i have once or twice, but not that bad. apparently it was the water based type of smoke machine, which after doing some reading can apparently cause a dry throat and coughs.. does anyone have experience with other types of smoke machines/hazers? dry ice etc?

this is a bit of a shame really, as we didnt get to finish our set and we do really love playing with smoke machines, but might have to ask for venues to not use them during our set if we cant get around it ;(

smoke machines:

we played a gig tonight in lincoln, everything was going pretty well until about twenty minutes in when matt completely lost his voice and we had to stop playing. there was a smoke machine putting out quite a serious amount of smoke onto the stage, his throat was dry and his range got completely knackered.

anybody have the same experience with this happening? i have once or twice, but not that bad. apparently it was the water based type of smoke machine, which after doing some reading can apparently cause a dry throat and coughs.. does anyone have experience with other types of smoke machines/hazers? dry ice etc?

this is a bit of a shame really, as we didnt get to finish our set and we do really love playing with smoke machines, but might have to ask for venues to not use them during our set if we cant get around it ;(

although it's not completely the same, there's a place down the road from me that does this thing Q-Zar. It's one of those things where you have this body pack thing on you, and a gun that works off of lasers. and you go around shooting each other. i think in america they call it laser tag? it's like paintballing with lasers. :LOL:

anyway, a while ago, they got new smoke machines for it, and the place used to be pretty much flooded with thick smoke. You could usually spot the lights on peoples packs and guns, but that was about it. I used to love going, it was class, but then with the new smoke machines, they used to wreak havoc on my eyes, making them dry and sore. Similarly, i used to cough a lot, which gave away my l33t ninja hiding sniping spots... From when i was a stage hand for a friend's play, i think it has to do with the liquid stuff they use. I think they fill up the smoke machines with some thick liquid, and that's what makes the smoke. He had some that he got from a company that does pyrotechnics etc, and it was a fancy one, that we were assured wouldn't affect people with asmath etc.

I suppose what i'd suggest doing is next time you're playing a gig there, ask in advance for them to not use the smoke machines? it's a small request, and i can't see them having a problem.

if it's a water based that's giving Matt trouble, why not try dry ice? or is that a similar thing?

i'd recommend dry ice over smoke machines. Because the dry ice mist, (cant remember the chemical name for it...) is denser than air, it should stay around your feet and not go near your mouths. :)

yeah, thanks for the suggestion. we are playing again in lincoln for Halloween and we will be using dry ice there. i hope it doesnt effect his voice there, it shouldnt as its just CO2. hopefully we wont die :LOL:

Just a thought, I've got a whole bunch of pedals lying around doing nothing and don't want to sell them, would there be any interest in 'borrowing' them for a small fee?

That's a pretty good idea Haze although how can you be certain that someone will give it back.

Archived