Here is a question for the people that know a bit about amps...

Sometimes when I play my DSL for a bit and put it onto standby there is a massive pop, I've heard it's just the caps discharging but I just want to make sure it's nothing serious. It doesn't do it always.

Here is a question for the people that know a bit about amps...

Sometimes when I play my DSL for a bit and put it onto standby there is a massive pop, I've heard it's just the caps discharging but I just want to make sure it's nothing serious. It doesn't do it always.

That's normal - generally they seem to do it more if you're on the lead channel though. Basically you can try putting it back on the clean channel, turn the volume all the way down, wait about 15 seconds, then put it on standby...if it still does it, it's nothing to worry about anyway.

That's normal - generally they seem to do it more if you're on the lead channel though. Basically you can try putting it back on the clean channel, turn the volume all the way down, wait about 15 seconds, then put it on standby...if it still does it, it's nothing to worry about anyway.

Cheers James, I didn't think it was anything serious but it's nice to be sure.

Just a thought, I've got a whole bunch of pedals lying around doing nothing and don't want to sell them, would there be any interest in 'borrowing' them for a small fee?

ooh! a try before you buy type thing....kinda. whatcha thinking of letting peepz borrow? :)

That's a pretty good idea Haze although how can you be certain that someone will give it back.

He would have to post the pedal, so he would have a home address.

Yeah, a massive amount of trust would be involved. But like Tom says, I'll have the home address and I have some massive mates :awesome:

ooh! a try before you buy type thing....kinda. whatcha thinking of letting peepz borrow? :)

Yeah, that's the idea :)

Yeah, a massive amount of trust would be involved. But like Tom says, I'll have the home address and I have some massive mates :awesome:

Yeah, that's the idea :)

and what may we borrow for small fees? :awesome:

Cheers James, I didn't think it was anything serious but it's nice to be sure.

Any change with that 'pop' ?

Nothing to worry about though - since my amp was doing it quite loudly, I took it in and they said it was normal. It's a modern Marshall head as well.

Anyone who can help...is there a 'proper' height to set your pickups at? Or is it best to do it by ear? I'm finding this can change the sound a fair bit...

Any change with that 'pop' ?

Nothing to worry about though - since my amp was doing it quite loudly, I took it in and they said it was normal. It's a modern Marshall head as well.

Anyone who can help...is there a 'proper' height to set your pickups at? Or is it best to do it by ear? I'm finding this can change the sound a fair bit...

I've been doing what you said and turning the volume down for a few secs after using it and the pops have pretty much stopped, I get a small one every now and again but that's it. Thanks for the advice James.

yeah, thanks for the suggestion. we are playing again in lincoln for Halloween and we will be using dry ice there. i hope it doesnt effect his voice there, it shouldnt as its just CO2. hopefully we wont die :LOL:

I'd be surprised if a water-based smoke machine messed with his voice (usually the oil ones) but you'd probably be better off with a hazer anyway...

Smoke - thick clouds that fill the room, used more as an effect

Dry ice - thick clouds that hang around your feet = effect

Hazer - literally a haze that shows light beams/etc but shouldn't interfere with singing and doesn't coat everything in oil/glycerine/etc... It also hangs around a lot longer than smoke so you're not constantly covered in large billowing clouds :LOL:

Hazer - literally a haze that shows light beams/etc but shouldn't interfere with singing and doesn't coat everything in oil/glycerine/etc... It also hangs around a lot longer than smoke so you're not constantly covered in large billowing clouds :LOL:

What the hell? :wtf:

Is this why I get invites to your gigs?

Haha that could be a description of you! "It even stays after you've gone home, sometimes even lingering for days!"

Bring a laser-suit next time :mad:

Where can I acquire such a suit?

Lingering for days? I was kidnapped! :(

That's what they ALL say :noey:

Did they 'rape' you?

No, they just worked out what days they were going to 'have' me, then fed me and got me drunk :( You weren't there to protect me from them, I was lucky to have got out :'(

no idea what song that's from. To be honest, i'm bitching, but i've not listened to the last two albums so I wouldn't know. I just know there's been some dodgy lyrics in the last few muse singles i've heard on the radio.

Not that there weren't dodgy lyrics on showbiz, but it was only 1 or 2. None on OOS. Stwrange!

The Resistance track listing so far:

1: Uprising

2: Resistance

3: Undisclosed Desires

4: UNITED STATES OF EURASIA (+Collateral Damage)

5: Guiding Light

6: Unnatural Selection

7: MK Ultra

8: I BELONG TO YOU (+Mon Coeur S'Ouvre A Ta Voix)

9: EXOGENESIS : SYMPHONY PART I (Overture)

10: EXOGENESIS : SYMPHONY PART II (Cross Pollination)

11: EXOGENESIS : SYMPHONY PART III (Redemption)

Not sure how many more to come...

Guest bshuker
either that, or the last 3 songs will just be the 3 parts of a symphonic orchestral piece. :D:D*

*the_man361 would actually like this

Picture1-4.jpg

tbf i'd like that too, it'd be really cool

Archived