How do you properly play the stockholm syndrome intro?

When I tried listening to it by ear it seems he's just skipping the open D that my song book says he's playing, so when I first learned it I played it like

12-13-0-12-13-0 instead of 12-0-13-0-12-0-13 or what ever it is?

Should I be tremolo picking it?

yes, it does have the open notes like that

and it is tremolo picking isn't it Phill?

i wouldn't call it that. trem picking sugguests to me that you're picking the note as many times as you can, as fast as you can for whatever duration.

I don't know what all these terms mean. I've played this riff before though. I just pick the string up and down. It's not very fast. What am I doing?

trem is when you go "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" picking real quick. you know the one.

trem is when you go "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" picking real quick. you know the one.

That's a good way to put it :LOL: Nah I see what you mean...whether it's tremolo picking or 16th notes, I wouldn't recommend doing all downstrokes unless you're green screen kid.

Phill,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shattermanson/4168847879/

I'm glad to answer their questions when it's nothing ridiculous, but ...

Well I just hope that gordon guy doesn't come across my pictures...

tell them to check the official board

Not sure if they can handle that.

As for the downstroke thing, I haven't seen anyone play the stockholm syndrome intro with all downstrokes. Although I was sure someone here said they could a while back...

As for the downstroke thing, I haven't seen anyone play the stockholm syndrome intro with all downstrokes. Although I was sure someone here said they could a while back...

Hmmm, it would seem practically impossible. That's like saying you could play it with one finger on bass!!

right. I have a 5 point daisy chain powering my peddles at the moment. But now i've moar peddles. Problem.

Do i need a second power supply, or could i just get another 5 point daisy chain and stick it on the end?

right. I have a 5 point daisy chain powering my peddles at the moment. But now i've moar peddles. Problem.

Do i need a second power supply, or could i just get another 5 point daisy chain and stick it on the end?

Hmm I dont think sticking another daisy chain on the end would work? It might not have enough power :erm:

Nah you won't fry your power supply, if their isn't enough current some of your pedals just won't work. If you have several low power effects such as the zvex ones and other fuzzes then you should be okay with sticking another daisy chain on it. Really depends on the amp rating of your current PSU.

its the boss one. 9.4V @ 300mA. As far as i can tell, all my pedals have a low current draw. I'd say the big muff is the biggest, and even that's pretty low. I avoided things like LED's which are usually add to current draw. might be worth a go. I'm heading out to my local music shop tomorrow, i'll also inquire there.

Archived