How do people respond when you tell them you are a Muse fan?

itzmoe

THE most insulting thing I have ever been asked about Muse:

"Who is that woman who sings in Knights of Cydonia?"

We havent spoken since...

:LOL: wow.

I get a spectrum of responses:

a) "Muse?? Who's that?"

b) "Oh yehh...The ones from Twilight!!!!! OMG! The baseball scene was..." (they start to rant:rolleyes:)

c) "Muse..yehh I like a few of their songs but they're not the best.. What are you, like, obsessed or something??? geez.."

d) "MUSE! I love them! Matt Bellamy is a genius!" (I've only had one of this one, sadly :()

I have succeeded in converting five people to Muse-lim though. :happy::LOL:

Can't really tell, I was gone in vacation and had no one to talk to about Muse except my family :mad:

So far my bother doesn't like it, only because he feels compelled to hate whatever I listen to (it's true!), my mother doesn't care much and I thought my father doesn't like Matt's voice and finds their music boring :( I was sure he was going to like it...

Anyway I guess I'll get some

"who?" and probably some bad responses, but whatever.

Well I got a few of different responses:

"Stephanie, I didn't know you are that into rock music."

"I didn't know who Muse are until you mentioned them."

"Oh u like Mooooose?"

No, it's MUSE not Mooose!:cabasa:

And one of my friends:

"I don't understand why you are so obsessed with Matthew Bellamy. He looks ugly." :(

But my another friend:

"The vocals looks handsome.":D

Finally, one of my teachers:

"Stephanie, I'm too old to know who Muse are. But if you like them, that must mean they are crap."

But I know he's just teasing me, he doesn't really mean that.

1.) "Oh my god, Amethyst! We know! Shut up for f**k sake!" Followed by my "Yes, but guess what??! Goes on to tell them about Muse info that they need to know" speech!

2.) "What's/who's that?"

3.) "Oh my god I love 'Superbig Black Hole'!! Twilight is such a great movie!":mad:

4.) While flipping through any item of mine (every surface I own has Muse written somewhere!), "What's Moose?"

Oh and

5.) "Do you speak of anything else? Or has Muse just overtaken now?" I then do my proud smile... In other words, "How could I talk about anything else?! Nothing is better than them!"

6.) "Oh yeah, you put all that Muse info in your Religion oral, aye? You're so obsessed!" Me: "Guilty..."

7.) "Yeah, I know! They're so talented." That's the friend I introduced Muse to... She only knows about 15 songs or something, but my converting her to good music has been working well so far...

Haha sorry, last one, I PROMISE!!! Usually the "friend" (I sometimes can't stand calling her my friend when she says this) who starts with number 1, starts saying, "F--k they're ugly! I'm sorry, I haven't listened to their museic, but it's probably shit! Have you opened your eyes??! Look at them, HE LOOKS LIKE A FROG!" **

**It's okay, her jaw has been broken repeatedly after she does this speech. :happy:

Haha sorry, last one, I PROMISE!!! Usually the "friend" (I sometimes can't stand calling her my friend when she says this) who starts with number 1, starts saying, "F--k they're ugly! I'm sorry, I haven't listened to their museic, but it's probably shit! Have you opened your eyes??! Look at them, HE LOOKS LIKE A FROG!" **

**It's okay, her jaw has been broken repeatedly after she does this speech. :happy:

A frog?! wtf. I haven't heard that one. Meanie! Matt looks like a cute little meerkat! My daughter always says Matt and Dom look like girls. Well, maybe Dom... :LOL: I think she just says it to annoy me.

yes, that's it. usually my friends say matthew is ugly and he looks like a rat. NME wrote this too, one time.

but who really cares about these things?

that's not absolutely the point.

yes, that's it. usually my friends say matthew is ugly and he looks like a rat. NME wrote this too, one time.

#1 matt is a very nice looking man

#2 who the hell was this person?!:mad:

My friend once called them the ugliest band in the world. :supersad: And then continued to say that she'd only go for Matt if she was also a bird and totally pissed. :stunned:

#1 matt is a very nice looking man

#2 who the hell was this person?!:mad:

hey forgy you are here! :D

I don't know who wrote it. it was a letter from a reader, and then some other readers in their letters keep on saying this and laughing at matt. :facepalm:

:ohmy:NME Sexiest Male!! I tell that jerk of a friend that he won and she says it's rigged by blind people and starts her stupid mean rants again! :mad: *A few more swings were sent in her direction!*:LOL:

A frog?! wtf. I haven't heard that one. Meanie! Matt looks like a cute little meerkat! My daughter always says Matt and Dom look like girls. Well, maybe Dom... :LOL: I think she just says it to annoy me.

:chuckle:My friend is such a bitch! :LOL: Haha a meerkat! Your daughter isn't too nice about Muse, then, is she?! Does she like their museic? Haha what do you mean, "maybe Dom"? :LOL::p

"Super Massive Black Hole!" :facepalm:

"Twilight!" *strangles*

(I am covering Starlight on the piano, as it is one of my favorites to play)

"Oooh, that's pretty, what is it?"

(next week)

"NO. Don't. Play. That. Song. Again. It is so annoying."

(this coming from someone who likes 50's pop. I rest my case.)

"What's Myousse?"

I swear, if one more person mispronounces MYOOZ (as if it's so difficult... for goodness's sake, it was a normal word for thousands of years before it became the collective name of the three gods we call Matt, Dom, and Chris) I'm gonna rip their face apart. 'Moose' is also popular among my tormentors :rolleyes:

I usually get nice responses when I say I'm a Muse fan

The best response I've had is from my mum;

SMBH comes on the TV

Mum: Oo, what's this tune?

Me: It's Muse, it's their new song

Mum: You gonna lend me the album?

Me: :eek:

My mother has taste :LOL:

I was in the Media Markt today, and on a touch screen you could search for bands.

So I searched for Muse, but the only hit I got was Muse, The.

and I was like "wtf, they don't even have Muse."

but I checked Muse, The out anyway, and I got a live video of Hysteria. =/!

They got the name wroooooonngg. :(

My friend once called them the ugliest band in the world. :supersad: And then continued to say that she'd only go for Matt if she was also a bird and totally pissed. :stunned:

:wtf: Wait a minute what? I have seen some ugly fucks romping around a stage with a guitar over their shoulders. And I can assure your friend that Matt romps much more sexily than any of those guys regardless of looks.

I usually get nice responses when I say I'm a Muse fan

The best response I've had is from my mum;

SMBH comes on the TV

Mum: Oo, what's this tune?

Me: It's Muse, it's their new song

Mum: You gonna lend me the album?

Me: :eek:

My mother has taste :LOL:

same here :LOL:

my mum loves them :p

Archived