How do people respond when you tell them you are a Muse fan?

itzmoe

Some Twilight fans said to me today

"Hey, you like Muse, right?"

Me: "Yes" :D

My friends: "Don't get her started about Muse, please! She's just shut up about them!"

TF: "Y'know, Muse didn't write SMBH, Twilight wrote it, and Muse covered it, so this Muse band aren't so great after all."

Me: "Well, I don't know how that's possible, as Muse wrote SMBH in 2006 and Twilight wasn't filmed until 2008, so you're just jealous of Muse's talent."

TF: "Whatever."

I couldn't believe they actually said that.

My friends: "Don't get her started about Muse, please! She's just shut up about them!"

TF: "Y'know, Muse didn't write SMBH, Twilight wrote it, and Muse covered it, so this Muse band aren't so great after all."

Me: "Well, I don't know how that's possible, as Muse wrote SMBH in 2006 and Twilight wasn't filmed until 2008, so you're just jealous of Muse's talent."

It physically hurt me to read that conversation...:stunned:

*Proud* I'VE HOOKED A TWILIGHT FANGIRL. :D

First week, I let her listen to SMBH and TiRo, the only Songs she knew from Muse.

2. Week, I let her listen to TiRo, Hysteria and S4A, Sunburn

3 Week SMBH, Starlight, Stockholm, Plug In Baby, Bliss

4 Week: Bliss, Stockholm, Muscle Museum, Sunburn,

6. Week: She asked me if I could borrow her my BHAR CD.

VICTORY!

oh xD ahaha

well, where I'm living , I only meet 4 person who like Muse

so, when I say to my friends that I like Muse the say me

:- Mousse?, Lemon Mousse ? (because when you read it in spanish it sounds like Mousse)

and I say :- Muse! , is a band guys! xD and it's bad pronunced

now they know who is muse ahaha I accustomed them ahah

1.) Who's Muse?

2.) Muse? their fucking emo. (after listening to 5 secs of MotP.)

3.) Muse sucks. (never heard of them, saying it to piss me off)

4.) Hey, this song ain't bad. (This guy is now one of my best friends, and with that comment has earned himself a ticket to a concert w/ me if i ever go.

:awesome:... this is hilarious! Haha at least he didnt bolt! I think we all secretly wish this would happen to us (initial akwardness aside!:p)

Oh yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyes ! +1 ;)

^ :LOL: "Twilight wrote it"

wow, I didn't know a movie could write a song :erm:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: you should post it on the LOLZ thread!!!

I have a Muse bag which I proudly wear...so I often get "what's a muse?"

I just tell them its like a mule but with just more horse in it.

great!! :LOL:

1.) Who's Muse?

2.) Muse? their fucking emo. (after listening to 5 secs of MotP.)

You reminded me that yesterday, listening to MotP I got a "oh that makes me think of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM2Zch7GOFU

Didn't know how to react , so I just:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Reaction no. 1: "Oh. Isn't that the guy with the high voice?"

Reaction no. 2: "Yeah, they're ok. I like the song from Twilight."

Reaction no. 3: "Hmm." (Which means: "I'm not interested anyway.")

Reaction no. 4: "I love them too!" (But this guy is now my husband and I have still the strong suspicion that he just said it to please me.)

But whatever, why bother what others think? :p

:LOL:

there are some strange people nowadays... :chuckle:

Guest Octazooka

Oh my, can you do us Muse fans a favor please? Take Morgan's cabasa and clonk her on the head with it :LOL: You can use Matt's black manson, I suspect that may do a better job than his cabasa :LOL:

there are some strange people nowadays... :chuckle:

Yep :rolleyes:

Another reaction I got was:

Me: "Do you like Muse?"

Friend: "I don't know, I've heard that song of Twilight, I mean, it's okay.."

Me: "Yep, there are loads better songs than SMBH."

Friend: "Cool, can you play me some?"

That friend came over to mine the next day after school and I showed her some Muse clips like Muse funny moments.

Me: "So what do you think?"

Friend: "I love Matthew Bellamy."

Me: "Really?" :D

Friend: "Yes, he's amazing, funny and cute. Play me some more of their music."

This friend is now my best friend and she now only listens to Muse, and wants to see them live :happy:

Guest Octazooka
:LOL: Will do.

When I pass my friend in school he's always asking me to play the Hysteria bass riff and Plug In Baby cos that's his fave :D

Guest Octazooka
well they all look at me like I've made them up or something but this one friend said "oh hey its muse" and tried to beat me in a knowing all about them competition - big mistake

:chuckle:

Haven't got any really weird reactions, actually. The funniest thing was how I found my classmate was a Muse fan too.

Well, we were doing some group work in class and our group is a bit unfocused and stirring, so my friend shouts:

"SIT THE FUCK DOWN!!"

I reply:

"Haha! Muse! <3"

Her:

"You're a fan of Muse?!"

We didn't notice it through their music... :p

I find it weird that so many people here get bad reactions. Everybody I show Muse like it! It's weird :eek:

Same here. Maybe they are afraid to disagree with me??? :p

I get "The guy sings like a snake"

What the hell does a snake sound like singing? I would have to ask them for a demonstration.

And I was showing my grandad some clips of Muse, and he said "So who's this guy, the singer and guitarist?"

Me :"Why, that's Matt Bellamy" :D

My Grandad:" Of course! George Bellamy's son! I've met George and wrote a song with the Tornadoes."

Me: :eek: "Wow."

My grandad is the only one in my family who thinks Matt can sing :rolleyes:

My family listen to crap, and my grandad was famous in his time :LOL: He's met alot of famous people from the 60s. He showed me George's autograph :D

That's one cool Grandfather.

:D He goes around singing Muse songs, Linkin Park songs and Avril Lavigne :facepalm:

Ha! It gets better.

I was in Barnes and Noble and looking at the music magazines and I found this old magazine called Prog and it was from May and it had Matt's face on the cover. A guy comes up next to me and reaches for the same thing (cause there were two) and starts reading that. So I started glancing over just to see what pages he was turning too. So, he noticed. He said "Am I in your way?" I said, "No. I just, well, ok. I was wondering what band you were reading this for." He laughed and said "Muse." And thus began a wonderful and NORMAL conversation about Muse, music, and other such delights.

Actually, when I bought my Muse CDs I had a really great chat to the guy in the store because he liked them as well. And we sent the Manager off to go search the store room for one of the CDs that had gone AWOL so we could finish our discussion! He was gone for ages so when other customers came over to the counter to buy stuff too we got them talking about Muse as well.

I have a Muse bag which I proudly wear...so I often get "what's a muse?" I just tell them its like a mule but with just more horse in it.

Classic. I am going to explain it that way in future. :D

What the hell does a snake sound like singing? I would have to ask them for a demonstration.

That's one cool Grandfather.

Ha! It gets better.

1) I have no idea, she likes Abba, so... but she likes Starlight :facepalm: She said he can sing normally in Starlight :rolleyes:

2) :D He's taking me to see Muse in November :facepalm: He actually wants to see them live :LOL:

3) :p

Archived