How do people respond when you tell them you are a Muse fan?

itzmoe

because I think it's their softer and mainstream stuff. those people who barely know the name MUSE and the chorus of starlight, don't even imagine that songs like citizen erased or stockholm syndrome exist. and it's a pity, don't you think? ;)

Well, if they know Muse because of TIRO/Starlight, I don't think it's a big deal. But if they only know those songs, it's quite a shame.

I get "I love Knights of Cydonia! So funny video!" often and once this one J-rock girl that's also very emo herself told me "Isn't Muse pretty much dead, I mean, all their fans are emo's and the band is so emo to" I laughed at that :D and btw she listens to tokio hotel and some dir en grey, was very amusing to hear that.

I get "I love Knights of Cydonia! So funny video!" often and once this one J-rock girl that's also very emo herself told me "Isn't Muse pretty much dead, I mean, all their fans are emo's and the band is so emo to" I laughed at that :D and btw she listens to tokio hotel and some dir en grey, was very amusing to hear that.

emo...:eek:

I need help...:facepalm:

Guest QueenOfNerds
Classic! :D

My Mum and Dad are fascinated by Muse. They think they are brilliant!

I wish my Mum and Dad liked Muse..............

oh they would want to come to gigs with me :eek:*shudder*

:noey: Doe she listen to Versaillle as well?

I only know this band because my J-rock friends listen to them :erm:

Classic! :D

My Mum and Dad are fascinated by Muse. They think they are brilliant!

Nice! I wish my parents could appreciate Muse. I was listening to Screenager one time, and my mom was like "What is that? He sounds like a ghost!" :rolleyes:

I wish my Mum and Dad liked Muse..............

oh they would want to come to gigs with me :eek:*shudder*

I am lucky because my Mum and Dad are extremely musical. And they are a bit “out there” as well when it comes to music so they are not averse to abstract stuff. In fact they hate unintelligent, unimaginative music. My Mum got me interested in song writing in the first place when I was 3 and my Dad knows heaps about sound engineering so they are both cool. I think that is why they like Muse.

I'll go to gigs with my Mum if it's something we both like too. Someone else said they were going to Muse with their whole family. I think that is quite cool.

Nice! I wish my parents could appreciate Muse. I was listening to Screenager one time, and my mom was like "What is that? He sounds like a ghost!" :rolleyes:

Does she mean his singing? My Mum thinks Matt has a great voice. She's a bit non-nonplussed by his guitar sound though even though she likes what he plays. But then she told me today she thinks David Gilmour's guitar sounds harsh so she is clearly not an axe fan!

it's horrible to be this obsessed by something that no one, absolutely NO ONE (expect my lil sis) care a shit about. When I casually dropped "I like Muse. A LOT." in a conversation with two friends, they just stared at me for 5min and changed the subject!!!!

Thankfully I'm getting out of this hole and moving in a big city, so I hope I'll meet some people who care and do not look at me like I'm some kind of crazy emo!

Oh my god. You have told my life story! It sucks the most when things like the tour happen, or you get tickets to see them, or we get release dates of the album and you want, SO DESPERATELY, to tell someone and have them be like ZOMG YAY! :party: But no one ever is :stunned: And you are left to bubble about it by yourself.

Does she mean his singing? My Mum thinks Matt has a great voice. She's a bit non-nonplussed by his guitar sound though even though she likes what he plays. But then she told me today she thinks David Gilmour's guitar sounds harsh so she is clearly not an axe fan!

Yes, she was talking about his singing. Though I admit his voice does have an eerie quality to is, especially in that song. However, unlike my mom, I don't see this as a completely bad thing :indiff:

Most people respond with:

"OMG SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE TWILIGHT :D"

"Never heard of them"

"Didn't they have that one song in Guitar Hero?"

"Oh! They're pretty good. I like the song *enter song*"

"His voice is waaaay to fucking high." <--- Least favourite response.

His voice isn't even that high in his chest voice, it's so weird that people say that. How about you complain about Geddy Lee and Robert Plant? You know, guys who ACTUALLY sing high.

You don't. :stunned: Rush is awesome. As is Led Zeppelin. But I can see how their music isn't for some people. Different tastes. But you can't deny the sheer power in their voices.

You don't. :stunned: Rush is awesome. As is Led Zeppelin. But I can see how their music isn't for some people. Different tastes. But you can't deny the sheer power in their voices.

I love Rush pre-1983 and Led Zeppelin. My point is so does everyone else, and they don't see the irony in complaining that Matt Bellamy sings high when more famous men have sung higher before him.

:D Haha yes, a lot of people refer to twilight or don't know them at all. Most of my friends love muse which is absolutely great :)

But yeah if they don't know Muse, they just don't react and change the subject, pretty much the same story as with everbody else ;)

I've had:

1. Muse? Who?

2. What? I hate them.

3. Oh yeah! I like Moose. (That's right, they said MOOSE)

But THE most insulting thing I have ever been asked about Muse:

"Who is that woman who sings in Knights of Cydonia?"

We havent spoken since...

*lol*

<3 KOC

Archived