How do people respond when you tell them you are a Muse fan?

itzmoe

It's a bit annoying, but when people find out I'm a huge Muse fan, they always respond with either:

1, "I love 'Supermassive Black Hole/'Knights of Cydonia!''"

2. "I've never heard of them."

3."Yeah, I love The Muse! (yes, THE Muse! This one's especially irritating, because they obviously don't love Muse that much, since they can't even get the band's name right. This comment is also usually followed by response #1)."

It's probabaly because I live in the US, but I was wondering if anyone else gets similar responses? What do you hear most often?

I'm not saying EVERYONE has to be a Muse fan, but (regarding response #3) I hate when people say they LOVE any band when they've only heard one/two of their songs. That just means they like the SONG (it's kind of like saying you LOVE sushi when the only thing you've tried is a California Roll, which is annoying too).

Maybe it's just me, but I'm usually not quick to claim that I'm a fan of a band until I become more familiar with their discography. I don't think you can make a good judgment of a band's music by just listening to one or two songs, especially when it's a band who has produced several albums already.

I wonder if anyone deals with this too and/or feels the same way.

I've told this to a few people. The first one said,

"Muse? Are you kidding me?" :supersad:

The second said,

"Oh! I've heard Supermassive Black Hole! It sucked." :supersad:

The third.........

"Oh, I know them. The Small Print is an awesome song!"

The third person is one of my best friends now. :D

I've told this to a few people. The first one said,

"Muse? Are you kidding me?" :supersad:

The second said,

"Oh! I've heard Supermassive Black Hole! It sucked." :supersad:

The third.........

"Oh, I know them. The Small Print is an awesome song!"

The third person is one of my best friends now. :D

OOOH i really like the small print :awesome:

Yeah, that's about all I hear.

One guy saw me wearing my 'am I the only Muse fan here' tshirt and said "I like music.'" :stunned:

:LOL:

OT but I've had a similar experience when I tell people I study physics... sometimes people think I mean like... I don't know... physical therapy.... or like physical education.... so they start talking to me about sports or something :facepalm::noey:

I've mostly gotten, "Oh my God, you're pathetic they suck." But I'll get the occasional "I liked Black Holes & Revelations." "Supermassive Black Hole was a good song."

My friend (who has said he DOESN'T like Muse after listening to 5 seconds of New Born) heard KoC on Guitar Hero, and I was talking about Cydonia for some reason, and he's just like "Knights of Cydonia? I love that song!" And I'm just like "It's by Muse." So he learned something new. :LOL:

Hmm

1. Muse? What's that?

2. OMG MUSE! They were like, in Twilight! I love them, they're almost as good as Paramore!!1 (:facepalm:)

3. Oh yeah, Muse are cool :cool:

4. Muse are shit! (this person usually hasn't even heard one song :rolleyes:)

Anyone who comes out with response #3 is met with an overenthusiastic hug from me :awesome:

And anyone who comes out with response #4 is usually met with a punch or at least the finger.

Spend fifteen minutes trying to persuade me that they haven't gone soft, tell me about Hullaballoo DVD, try and defend BH&R on the basis that they were doing what record company people told them to/it was heavily influenced by this, find no response to "yes but that's selling out", give in and agree with me :D. Tell me wonderful things about EarlyMuse.

Muse are good eggsies now though I finkles. They're getting :awesome: again. *hopes*

:musesign:

Yeah, that's about all I hear.

One guy saw me wearing my 'am I the only Muse fan here' tshirt and said "I like music.'" :stunned:

I've never seen a muse shirt like that! thats awesome, I want one :p where'd you get it ?

I usually get...

1. 'Who's that?'

2. To my muse shirt, 'what's moose'?

3. And many people saying they like BH&R

I've never seen a muse shirt like that! thats awesome, I want one :p where'd you get it ?

I usually get...

1. 'Who's that?'

2. To my muse shirt, 'what's moose'?

3. And many people saying they like BH&R

You can order one! :awesome:

Go to http://www.cafepress.com/pwoperrock

I came across it on here awhile back, I'm thinking someone who posts on the board created it.

I got :

1: who's that ?:mad:

2: yeah I kwow... but it is old ! (then I started to sum up their biography to justify they are not so old and still alive !):eek:

3: some uncertain "Muse... yes I like them":indiff:

4: and of course "ah the baseball scene in Twilight ! ":facepalm:

Archived