How do people respond when you tell them you are a Muse fan?

itzmoe

It's a bit annoying, but when people find out I'm a huge Muse fan, they always respond with either:

1, "I love 'Supermassive Black Hole/'Knights of Cydonia!''"

2. "I've never heard of them."

3."Yeah, I love The Muse! (yes, THE Muse! This one's especially irritating, because they obviously don't love Muse that much, since they can't even get the band's name right. This comment is also usually followed by response #1)."

It's probabaly because I live in the US, but I was wondering if anyone else gets similar responses? What do you hear most often?

I'm not saying EVERYONE has to be a Muse fan, but (regarding response #3) I hate when people say they LOVE any band when they've only heard one/two of their songs. That just means they like the SONG (it's kind of like saying you LOVE sushi when the only thing you've tried is a California Roll, which is annoying too).

Maybe it's just me, but I'm usually not quick to claim that I'm a fan of a band until I become more familiar with their discography. I don't think you can make a good judgment of a band's music by just listening to one or two songs, especially when it's a band who has produced several albums already.

I wonder if anyone deals with this too and/or feels the same way.

Usually just "Who the fuck are they." Or "They are shit."

These are the responses I get when I tell people I'm a Muse fan (Mostly ridiculous :():

1.- Muse? The band that appeared in Guitar Hero? They're cool :annoying:

2.- I don't like them because the singer sucks; it's like if he's getting raped. :stunned:

3.- I LOVE them because they did the baseball song in Twilight. :mad:

4.- I don't know them. :eek:

5.- I like them and would love to go to one of their concerts. <----Most unlikely to happen :'(

Being a Muse fan in a Mexican city, where 90% of the people don't know Muse or just know them due to Twilight or GH, SUCKS. Srsly.

Some Twilight fans said to me today

"Hey, you like Muse, right?"

Me: "Yes" :D

My friends: "Don't get her started about Muse, please! She's just shut up about them!"

TF: "Y'know, Muse didn't write SMBH, Twilight wrote it, and Muse covered it, so this Muse band aren't so great after all."

Me: "Well, I don't know how that's possible, as Muse wrote SMBH in 2006 and Twilight wasn't filmed until 2008, so you're just jealous of Muse's talent."

TF: "Whatever."

I couldn't believe they actually said that.

Aha oh my god..if i was there i would of PWNED that twilight fans with so many facts :LOL:

Oh god..okay heres my story

my friend loring he loves...ok brave yourselves...DRAGONFORCE. And me a fellow muse addict to the extreme kindly says "dragonforce..eh..how much they cant play full speed live?" and he exploded. "Oh yeah? oh yeah? well...well...well...muse sucks!"

me:how do they suck?

loring:because..they suck live and they sound like micheal jackson on crack

me:umm..well muse make REAL music and have REAL lyrics to their songs and they know HOW to play live

loring:Lets see muse play the hardest song in the world!

me:umm..you mean the hardest song in guitar hero..lets see dragonforce sell out stadiums..lets see dragonforce win best live awards every year..lets see dragonforce only have 1 guitarist compared to all the thousands of gutiarsts dragonforce..what have dragonforce won? nothing.

loring: they won the respect of all the fans in the world and thats more than what muse has

me:...wow.

loring:exactly.

and i left it at that..that was the stupidest arugment ever..(that was word for word off of myspace)

Last time I said it it was to one of my classmates who I barely knew.

She just went like: "Really?! Me too! I love them, especialy supermassive black hole! I have it as my ringtone :happy: btw do you like Twilight?"

I'm not kidding...

seriously before Twilight, everytime I told someone I was a muse fan they would just go: "who?"

darn twilight :rolleyes:

I play a Muse song or just say 'my favorite band is Muse' and people tend to look at me like they're confused or ask 'are you a Twilight fan?'. It's very annoying. We must show the US the greatness of Muse and disassociate them with Twilight. No offense to Twilight fans...

I play a Muse song or just say 'my favorite band is Muse' and people tend to look at me like they're confused or ask 'are you a Twilight fan?'. It's very annoying. We must show the US the greatness of Muse and disassociate them with Twilight. No offense to Twilight fans...

eh.. :stunned:

Oh god..okay heres my story

my friend loring he loves...ok brave yourselves...DRAGONFORCE. And me a fellow muse addict to the extreme kindly says "dragonforce..eh..how much they cant play full speed live?" and he exploded. "Oh yeah? oh yeah? well...well...well...muse sucks!"

me:how do they suck?

loring:because..they suck live and they sound like micheal jackson on crack

me:umm..well muse make REAL music and have REAL lyrics to their songs and they know HOW to play live

loring:Lets see muse play the hardest song in the world!

me:umm..you mean the hardest song in guitar hero..lets see dragonforce sell out stadiums..lets see dragonforce win best live awards every year..lets see dragonforce only have 1 guitarist compared to all the thousands of gutiarsts dragonforce..what have dragonforce won? nothing.

loring: they won the respect of all the fans in the world and thats more than what muse has

me:...wow.

loring:exactly.

and i left it at that..that was the stupidest arugment ever..(that was word for word off of myspace)

:LOL:

• 8 months later...
1. You like who?

2. Oh them. Yeah I like them, Starlight was a good song :facepalm:

3. MUSE?! They're shite!

4. Oh yeah, that band from Twilight.

:facepalm:

I reckon they're my four most common responses too...sigh. Although luckily I have converted nearly all my friends to liking Muse and the ones who don't don't hate them. Anyway I don't need to tell them I like Muse-if I go 'guess what I'm listening to' there's a huge chorus from like everyone in the building going 'MUSE!'

Oh my, can you do us Muse fans a favor please? Take Morgan's cabasa and clonk her on the head with it :LOL: You can use Matt's black manson, I suspect that may do a better job than his cabasa :LOL:

I fucking love that post!

I've had the "Never heard of them" quite a few times, which makes me whip out my phone and play them a few snippets of songs. Including "You f*cking motherf*cker"

I think the worst one I had was from an uninformed friend. (Who I converted.)

Me: "I'm going home, I might put muse's hullabaloo on again."

Friend: "Oh god not again, that band are so depressing, they're like coldplay and REM!"

Me: "You WHAT?" :eek:

(I expected a different band to have been mentioned :LOL: )

Friend: "Well he's all EMO and singing about some bint!"

(She'd heard ONE song and thought that every song they did was like that.)

Once I'd got her to listen to a load of rock ones she was convinced otherwise.

I still tease her about that comment, seeing as she's a fan now.

She still can't stand Unintended though.

"Who are Muse?"

"Oh they're that Twilight band aren't they?"

"*insert squeal* So you're a Twilight fan? Paramore are awesome as well!" :facepalm:

"I LOVE Supermassive Back Hole (or Starlight)!!!1!"

"Ewww, who the hell listens to Muse?! They're fucking pussies." < ---- This is probably the most common response. Everyone at my schools thinks they're soooo "hxc". :rolleyes:

"Who are Muse?"

"Oh they're that Twilight band aren't they?"

"I LOVE Supermassive Back Hole!!!1!"

"Ewww, who the hell listens to Muse?! They're fucking pussies." < ---- This is probably the most common response. Everyone at my schools thinks they're soooo "hxc". :rolleyes:

Yeah, I tire from hearing that.

Maybe it's an Aussie thing. I can't wait until everyone leaves school and realises that they wasted their schools years listening to shit music. :happy:

+1

I just hope that the less Muse fans there are in Australia, the better seats I get at future gigs maybe

Actual conversation. Everyone was talking about concerts they'd been to. Keep in mind I live in Arkansas :rolleyes:.

Me: I saw my favorite band, Muse, a couple weeks ago. Best show I've ever seen.

Redneck: Oh yeah? What kinda music they play?

Me: Rock...ish. Lots of different sounding stuff, though.

Redneck: Bet I'd like em, then! I love rock!

Me: I really doubt this is your kind of rock...

Redneck: Hey, if they rock half as hard as my favorite band does then it's my kind!

Me: Who's your favorite band?

Redneck: Nickelback.

Me: :facepalm:

Actual conversation. Everyone was talking about concerts they'd been to. Keep in mind I live in Arkansas :rolleyes:.

Me: I saw my favorite band, Muse, a couple weeks ago. Best show I've ever seen.

Redneck: Oh yeah? What kinda music they play?

Me: Rock...ish. Lots of different sounding stuff, though.

Redneck: Bet I'd like em, then! I love rock!

Me: I really doubt this is your kind of rock...

Redneck: Hey, if they rock half as hard as my favorite band does then it's my kind!

Me: Who's your favorite band?

Redneck: Nickelback.

Me: :facepalm:

:LOL:

Archived