How do people respond when you tell them you are a Muse fan?

itzmoe

3. "Oh, yeah. Muse rock. I'm a huge fan of Shrinking Universe." <- this person is now my housemate.

Nicely done :yesey:

I've never met anyone who has heard of Muse except my cousin who is metal fan and likes only BHaR.

Wow a METAL fan who likes ONLY BHAR? Would have figured that OOS or Hullabaloo would be more of his/her thing :erm:

Well.....

A. Randon boy in class

Me: I like Muse. HE: They're shit, you're kidding? Knights of Cydonia is like half decent on guitar hero though... Me: Slaps he/she hard in the face

B. Random girl in class

Me: I like Muse SHE: I LIKE LOVE THEM. OMG TWILIGHT<3 Me: Ignores her.

C: My best friends

Me: I like Muse. Them: Will you p l e a s e stop talking about Muse?

D: A boy named Chris

Me: I like Muse. He: Yeah me too

- He's now my boyfriend... :happy:

she is QUITE exceptional. we tend to infect people with Muse wherever we go.

A friend that I had converted a few years back had Shrinking Universe as her ringtone at one point. :happy:. I would :D whenever her phone rang during class :LOL:

"Muse is cool. My favorite song by them is Creep" :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:facepalm::LOL:

"Muse is cool. My favorite song by them is Creep" :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

oh god :LOL::facepalm: thankfully, that has never happened to me.

A friend that I had converted a few years back had Shrinking Universe as her ringtone at one point. :happy:. I would :D whenever her phone rang during class :LOL:

:D it's my ringtone for her now. so much joy in one little phone call :yesey:

People react well to me liking Muse. Good band mate, good choice, etc.

My friends get annoyed at me mentioning Muse cos I'm obsessed but I actually only mention it when there's big news that I just HAVE to tell someone, like stuff about the new album. :D

Of my 5 closest friends, two like muse from certain tracks, one owns BHAR, one is largely indifferent (to everything or so he claims), and one doesn't really like them bar a few songs, like KOC which he mentioned has good layering.

I don't actually know how people 'respond' as I don't just come out and tell someone I like Muse, like i'm introducing someone to them :LOL: but yeah my friends and family all know I love Muse and no one has ever said to me that they don't like them. My friends all like them, I actually introdruced Muse to a couple of them, and my family have seen them with me... and my cousins and Aunt and Uncle are all jealous that we have seen them... so yeah, I like where I live :LOL:

Okay, this are the several typical conversations that follow me saying that I love Muse:

Them: "Muse? They're so shit!"

Me: "Which songs have you heard?"

Them: "Knights Of Cydonia, and it's shit."

Me: *facedesk*

-----------------

Them: "OMG TWILIGHT! EDWARD CULLEN IS HOT!!!!"

----------------

Them: "Who?"

Me: "This awesome band!"

Them: "I'll look up some songs."

Me: :D

----------------

Them: "OMG ME TOO!"

Me: "What's your fave song?" e.t.c.

I don't actually know how people 'respond' as I don't just come out and tell someone I like Muse, like i'm introducing someone to them :LOL: but yeah my friends and family all know I love Muse and no one has ever said to me that they don't like them. My friends all like them, I actually introdruced Muse to a couple of them, and my family have seen them with me... and my cousins and Aunt and Uncle are all jealous that we have seen them... so yeah, I like where I live :LOL:

that's quite nice. they aren't that big in the states and, while I understand that sometimes certain bands aren't for everyone, I really can't comprehend why. Where I live, lots of people are into rock or alternative or progressive type music. So I just assumed people would know of them or like them. But it's like people are living in a cave here....or just don't like them at all.

Me and my friends went to get our tickets, there was some old man talking with the cashier and we went there and asked our tickets, that man asked "MUSE.. what is that?" ".. a band.." "never herd of them... Shouldn't you girls listen to Britney Spears?" :facepalm:

And the cashier said she might check muse out some day. :D

that's quite nice. they aren't that big in the states and, while I understand that sometimes certain bands aren't for everyone, I really can't comprehend why. Where I live, lots of people are into rock or alternative or progressive type music. So I just assumed people would know of them or like them. But it's like people are living in a cave here....or just don't like them at all.

Yeah they really should be more well known in the states... it's a shame really, they're missing out! But I see you're coming to London for the gig on the 13th? Yay, you'll be around thousands of Musers :awesome:

Okay, this are the several typical conversations that follow me saying that I love Muse:

Them: "Muse? They're so shit!"

Me: "Which songs have you heard?"

Them: "Knights Of Cydonia, and it's shit."

:noey:

Yesterday:

"Yeh I like Muse mainly"

"They are crap."

"Who do you like?"

"Metro Station."

:facepalm:

:LOL: that reminds me of a comment someone posted on a Muse video, something like "Matt Bellamy is a fag, muse suck dick blah blah blah you should all listen to real, innovative music like Brokencyde."

:LOL: :LOL: I laughed a lot.

Yeah they really should be more well known in the states... it's a shame really, they're missing out! But I see you're coming to London for the gig on the 13th? Yay, you'll be around thousands of Musers :awesome:

Yes, I am incredibly excited. It'll be a blast to finally get reasonable answers when I say i like Muse instead of blank stares, Twilight/Edward Cullen explanations (i mean, was the movie REALLY that good?). No one has ever told me they don't like Muse, and most of the people I try to convert end up loving them. So I don't know what my town's problem is :rolleyes:

Yesterday:

"Yeh I like Muse mainly"

"They are crap."

"Who do you like?"

"Metro Station."

:facepalm:

my first response to this was :eek::facepalm:

then, after about 3 seconds :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I have now been laughing for a good minute and a half. Thank you for this.

Yes, I am incredibly excited. It'll be a blast to finally get reasonable answers when I say i like Muse instead of blank stares, Twilight/Edward Cullen explanations (i mean, was the movie REALLY that good?). No one has ever told me they don't like Muse, and most of the people I try to convert end up loving them. So I don't know what my town's problem is :rolleyes:

That sucks, really. You'll definately be happy here, dunno if it's just where I live but no one here has not known who Muse were. I haven't come across anyone yet who have said they hated them, thankfully :LOL: there will be some people, but i'm sure they're just the people who bum RnB or screamo :chuckle:

why?

because I think it's their softer and mainstream stuff. those people who barely know the name MUSE and the chorus of starlight, don't even imagine that songs like citizen erased or stockholm syndrome exist. and it's a pity, don't you think? ;)

Archived