How do people respond when you tell them you are a Muse fan?

itzmoe

Everyone already knows I love Muse.

I made this pin for art that says Muse on it and this guy that sits at my table is just like "I've got money on that being Taylor's."

:LOL::facepalm:

't is not that important really, that people know. ;D

And omg, that's awesome, tbh. ;'D :LOL:

I live in the US too!

I get stuff like:

"Who are you talking about?!"

Did I say something wrong?:(

and this:

"I HATE rock"

:stunned:

and the worst!!!:

"Oh I LOVE them, their song was in twilight!!!!"

I'm sorry but that's annoying because people act like they LOVE muse when they know nothing but supermassive blackhole. Don't get me wrong but it's a good song but no one can just say that they love someone when they haven't heard any other song but one...:mad:

So I reply to them:

"What's they're names?"

I get:

"idk"

So I ask:

"Is Matthew Bellamy left or right handed?"

(well I never get an answer to that one but if you play a string instrument, excuding piano, you'll know that he's right handed... like no one in this world isn't..:eek:)

I live in the US too!

I get stuff like:

"Who are you talking about?!"

Did I say something wrong?:(

and this:

"I HATE rock"

:stunned:

and the worst!!!:

"Oh I LOVE them, their song was in twilight!!!!"

I'm sorry but that's annoying because people act like they LOVE muse when they know nothing but supermassive blackhole. Don't get me wrong but it's a good song but no one can just say that they love someone when they haven't heard any other song but one...:mad:

So I reply to them:

"What's they're names?"

I get:

"idk"

So I ask:

(well I never get an answer to that one but if you play a string instrument, excuding piano, you'll know that he's right handed... like no one in this world isn't..:eek:)

One of the Beatles was left-handed as well, and played guitar. So that's a shitty argument.

also, being a fan of a band doesn't mean you have to know their names.

I, for instance, like a lot of bands, but don't know their names.

plus, it's their names, not they're. Get your grammar right, sweetie. :)

i remember when i told my friend for the first time..:(

she said eugh i hate muse, then i asked her what songs she had heard and she said the twilight one?

Just like, when you can't like a band after hearing one song, the same applies about hating them. I'm kind of biased though. SMBH is a good song though.

Why are people so close minded *sigh*:rolleyes:

I've had a few experiences telling people I like Muse. Most of the time it's just "who?" since I live in America. One time the person I told was just about as obsessed as I am which was amazing. The funniest response was when I made a mix cd for one of my friends with a Muse song on it and when that song came on we had this conversation:

**song comes on**

me- this is my favorite band

her- who is it?

me- muse

her- oh, they're very antichristian aren't they? **turns off CD**

Friend: Whats your favourite band ?

Me: Muse

Friend : Muse are shit, Foo Fighters shit all over Muse

Me: Who sold out Wembley Stadium first ?

( Friend falls silent )

Me : Thank You

( I walk away leaving friend in a heap on the floor )

Friend: Whats your favourite band ?

Me: Muse

Friend : Muse are shit, Foo Fighters shit all over Muse

Me: Who sold out Wembley Stadium first ?

( Friend falls silent )

Me : Thank You

( I walk away leaving friend in a heap on the floor )

I also have that kind of conversation with some friends who are listening all mainstream rock band and my answer is : Are your fav'bands' guitarists in the TOP 20 of the best guitarist of the century in the world ? :stunned::stunned::stunned: silence... And end the conversation with :" look and listen again, Matt is one them":p:p

Most people I know at least know them, but then again Muse has always been really popular in Finland (I'm preparing for fighting for my life for the upcoming concert tickets)

The best "who?" response was followed by me praising the band and the girl I was talking to BUYING BH&R (we were at a record sale :D )

I do have one experince with a person being "who?/don't like them" turning into buying SMBH from iTunes after Twilight came out...but I thought that was anyway positive development as she is a huge Britney fan

being a fan of a band doesn't mean you have to know their names. I, for instance, like a lot of bands, but don't know their names.

Same. I like several bands where I have all of their albums and I know absolutely nothing about them.

I get so annoyed by the people who say they like Muse just because they heard 1 song..

I hate when people say they LOVE any band when they've only heard one/two of their songs. That just means they like the SONG...

...no one can just say that they love someone when they haven't heard any other song but one...:mad:

Can someone explain to me this weird argument that it's impossible know whether you like a band or not until you've heard several songs? Why should that be the case? What's wrong with trusting your instincts and knowing immediately? It is possible to infer from one song that there's a strong likelihood you'll like others. Whenever I've become a fan of a band it's always been about half way through the first song I hear and then I usually just go to the record store and buy all their albums. I've never turned out to be wrong after doing this (thank God 'cause that would be an expensive mistake!) Even with a half baked, poorly recorded demo it's possible for a band to grab my attention. If other people prefer to hear lots of songs before they know what they think that's OK. But personally, if I have to start listening to more than a few songs in order to form an opinion about a band that is a pretty accurate indication that I am not interested.

I'm not sure that's automatically an indication of handedness. I'm not right handed but I play all stringed instruments (and drums) the normal way around – and I even write with my right hand 90% of the time. I do a lot of things right handed. No one looking at me would guess I'm not. In fact I like messing with people by switching hands every time they look away. After a while they twig there's something funny … “wait, weren't you left handed just a moment ago?” :p

yep

1 THE Muse - heard that one before - really, really gets to me

2 (refering to my calendar on office wall) either (student) hey Muse, yeah they're really good ...... I like Matt - or: (teacher) who's that?

3:Muse? (followed by strange, searching look and embarrassed laugh):LOL:

comparitively more people have heard of them, or a track by them, than 5 years ago - but (and I am almost ashamed to say this) I did not know until today that they did the soundtrack to Twiligh :$:eek: I'm of the age (yes, I am a really, really, old Muse fan) that I wouldn't have seen the film etc., so have been in the dark - so to speak.

Nice to see the forum buzzing again - good luck all with ticket buying today

"Didn't they have that video with the big boat?"

Or:

"The band from Guitar Hero, yeah?"

Or:

"Meh, they have a few good tunes, but the rest is shit."

Or:

"Muse? Ahh, it's the band whose singer sounds like a dying cat!"

Yup, that's the one! :D

My sister really hates muse and i obvs love them so its hard in my house haha

Shes like . . . 'woah listen to fall out boy queer, matt cant even sing'

Im like . . . 'shut up shut up shut up'

Haha

x

Yeah! My brother loves Radiohead and I'm obsessed with Muse: everyday we fight and fool ourselves:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

"Muse? Ahh, it's the band whose singer sounds like a dying cat!"

WTF!!! Have they had their hearing tested lately??? Are they sure they're not just hearing one of the voices in their head?

I gave my friend a lift in my car today. Had Muse playing in there. I've never seen him look so happy or talk so enthusiastically about a band before! He's kind of laid back normally so it was rather hilarious to see him bouncing off the ceiling. :LOL:

Archived