How do people respond when you tell them you are a Muse fan?

itzmoe

:LOL:

I go to a school where the majority of the girls are obsessed with Twilight and they ALL describe Muse as "that band that had that song in Twilight." :facepalm:

Poor you! :ohmy:

A good friend of mine is actually a pretty big Twilight fan. And yet, I still bash it behind her back :erm:

Poor you! :ohmy:

A good friend of mine is actually a pretty big Twilight fan. And yet, I still bash it behind her back :erm:

There are a few of us who don't like it, but if anyone hears that we're slagging it off, they goggle at us.:LOL: If I say to someone that I like Muse, they immdiately call me a Twilight obsessive.:noey:

I tell them that I've liked them since I was eight years old and because of what they just said they will pay because I've been offended! :fear:

i've had responses such as

1) The Muse!? didn't you know they're all gay?

2) I like KoC and SMBH but i love MCR

3) From the same person ' yeh muse? i was playing guitar hero last night'

some people are actual retards:LOL:

I had someone say to me exactly your second point! I just :rolleyes: at them and then had to put up with one of my friends going on and on about MCR while I so desperately wanted to run away. :LOL:

There are a few of us who don't like it, but if anyone hears that we're slagging it off, they goggle at us.:LOL: If I say to someone that I like Muse, they immdiately call me a Twilight obsessive.:noey:

I tell them that I've liked them since I was eight years old and because of what they just said they will pay because I've been offended! :fear:

Yeah, The Twilight fans, or rather, the Twihards, can get rather defensive when others slag off their precious vampire sap story. It's sad how liking Muse has become equilivalent to liking Twilight these days :noey:

:LOL: You tell them! I tell Twihards that I've liked Muse for the past 6-7 years and that I own each and every one of their albums in order to shut them up when they question how big of a Miuse fan I am :phu:

i've had responses such as

1) The Muse!? didn't you know they're all gay?

Like that would have anything to do with their level of talent :rolleyes:

2) I like KoC and SMBH but i love MCR

MCR?! :noey:

3) From the same person ' yeh muse? i was playing guitar hero last night'

some people are actual retards:LOL:

Typical :rolleyes:

Yeah, The Twilight fans, or rather, the Twihards, can get rather defensive when others slag off their precious vampire sap story. It's sad how liking Muse has become equilivalent to liking Twilight these days :noey:

:LOL: You tell them! I tell Twihards that I've liked Muse for the past 6-7 years and that I own each and every one of their albums in order to shut them up when they question how big of a Miuse fan I am :phu:

The Twihards...:LOL: I like that! :chuckle:

today, i recommended glorious via youtube to someone yesterday and he was like "oh. it's muse! good band" and i went crazy cause here NO ONE know muse *sigh* but i was like :awesome: for the whole day haha it was amazing :happy:

it's horrible to be this obsessed by something that no one, absolutely NO ONE (expect my lil sis) care a shit about. When I casually dropped "I like Muse. A LOT." in a conversation with two friends, they just stared at me for 5min and changed the subject!!!!

Thankfully I'm getting out of this hole and moving in a big city, so I hope I'll meet some people who care and do not look at me like I'm some kind of crazy emo!

it's horrible to be this obsessed by something that no one, absolutely NO ONE (expect my lil sis) care a shit about. When I casually dropped "I like Muse. A LOT." in a conversation with two friends, they just stared at me for 5min and changed the subject!!!!

Thankfully I'm getting out of this hole and moving in a big city, so I hope I'll meet some people who care and do not look at me like I'm some kind of crazy emo!

i know EXACTLY how you feel!! :mad:

You don't sound like a crazy emo at all!

I used to go to a school where no-one gave a damn about Muse and it was terrible not being able to say anything about it. :(

Good for you, when you move to this big city, make sure you spread the words of Muse! :D

well isnt everyone a Muse fan????? taking whole family to the O2 we all love them we are 18 , 20 45 45 but I must be the biggest fan

The only other person in my family that is a big Muse fan and listens to something other than KoC and SMBH is my brother. My dad refuses to listen to anything outside of what he knows (i.e Billy Joel and Elton John whom I cannot diss because a lot of their stuff is pretty good.:yesey: I just hate that my dad won't listen to anything he hasn't heard before.....:noey:) Anyway, at my school most people, even the Twilight freaks, haven't heard of Muse or believe that they are HUGE fans because they heard SMBH in Twilight :facepalm:

It's pathetic how no one can recognize good music anymore.....:supersad:

Most of the people I tell, say they like muse too, or just say they aren't keen.

I don't really get any interesting answers.

Though I did get one of my friends telling me that he'd found another muse fan, as if that was some kind of achievement. I was just like 'yeah. muse have a few of those'.

Haha.

My mum used to say 'turn that shit off', but I kept playing it, and I guess she came round, coz now she says 'turn that shit up'.

Those aren't exact quotes. My mum isn't a gangsta.

In 2006 I remember, I told a guy that i was a Muse fan

and he said

"oh yeah, Time is running outn they're pretty cool for what i've heard"

Then he had no other choice to listen some songs :p i didn't keep any contact with him, guess he appreciated anyway ^_^

The last year at college, i was sitting somewhere and listening to the Glastonbury live mp3's then a girl asked me what i swas listening to, gave her an headphone... "Oh that's from the Guerlain ad!"

I killed her...

- What?!

- TWILIGHT!!! *talks about baseballscene* (I personally got to know them better by the baseballscene, so it became my fav scene. But I soon checked out other Muse songs, so I didn't see Muse as 'the band with the baseballsong'. )

- Friend *to boyfriend of another friend of mine*: Hey! You don't have SMBH from Muse, you know, from Twilight on the phone do you?

Boy: Yeah, I have all their cd on my mobilephone! :D

Me: No you don't?! They are awesome!

Boy: Yeah!!!

- Oh yeah, you told me about it. It's the band with that guy that believes in Aliens, right? *aarrghh... has the strange urge to strangle them* They are weird...

Archived