How do people respond when you tell them you are a Muse fan?

itzmoe

I am from the US and every person i talked to said "muse? who's muse?" it gets really annoying tht nobody i talk to knows who they are. There was only one person i talked to who said " I love muse. I love the songs stockholme syndrome and apocalypse please."

I am from the US and every person i talked to said "muse? who's muse?" it gets really annoying tht nobody i talk to knows who they are. There was only one person i talked to who said " I love muse. I love the songs stockholme syndrome and apocalypse please."

will you be more or less annoyed when the new album comes out and they say "i love undisclosed desires" but wait, ive got their old album, i love starlight too!

will you be more or less annoyed when the new album comes out and they say "i love undisclosed desires" but wait, ive got their old album, i love starlight too!

Well i think ill be less annoyed because someone i know actually knows who muse is. :awesome:

I get:

"Who?"

"Oh, yeah, I've heard of them, but never heard any of their songs properly, so..." - My dad

My friend: "The guy sings like a snake"

Me: "WTF? No he doesn't, snakes don't sing, so you can't compare!"

"OMG YES! THEY'RE IN TWILIGHT! I LOVE SMBH!"

Me: "God damn it."

And I was showing my grandad some clips of Muse, and he said "So who's this guy, the singer and guitarist?"

Me :"Why, that's Matt Bellamy" :D

My Grandad:" Of course! George Bellamy's son! I've met George and wrote a song with the Tornadoes."

Me: :eek: "Wow."

My grandad is the only one in my family who thinks Matt can sing :rolleyes:

My family listen to crap, and my grandad was famous in his time :LOL: He's met alot of famous people from the 60s. He showed me George's autograph :D

And I was showing my grandad some clips of Muse, and he said "So who's this guy, the singer and guitarist?"

My Grandad:" Of course! George Bellamy's son! I've met George and wrote a song with the Tornadoes."

My family listen to crap, and my grandad was famous in his time :LOL: He's met alot of famous people from the 60s. He showed me George's autograph :D

I think I may have said this before, but thats one :awesome:grandad you have there!:chuckle:

Best moment ever yesterday.

I was in Barnes and Noble and looking at the music magazines and I found this old magazine called Prog and it was from May and it had Matt's face on the cover. So I did a little dance and started reading it. A guy comes up next to me and reaches for the same thing (cause there were two) and starts reading that. So I was thinking to myself, either he wants Muse, The Mars Volta, or Radiohead cause they were the big features. So I started glancing over just to see what pages he was turning too. However, I have an inability to be stealthy. I never have, nor will I ever be. So, he noticed. He smiled very politely for someone realizing that they were being semi-stalked and said "Am I in your way?" I said, "No. I just, well, ok. I was wondering what band you were reading this for." He laughed and said "Muse." I proceeded to creep him out more by just smiling and not saying anything. He had a nervous/awkward look on his face and said "You.....like...Muse,...to?" I finally snapped out of it and said "Yes, yes. I love them. I just rarely meet people who are fans." And thus began a wonderful and NORMAL conversation about Muse, music, and other such delights.

Best. Reaction. Ever

Guest Octazooka
I get:

"Who?"

"Oh, yeah, I've heard of them, but never heard any of their songs properly, so..." - My dad

My friend: "The guy sings like a snake"

Me: "WTF? No he doesn't, snakes don't sing, so you can't compare!"

"OMG YES! THEY'RE IN TWILIGHT! I LOVE SMBH!"

Me: "God damn it."

You lucky bastard :LOL:

When I rant about Muse to people I meet for the first time they'll be like,

1) Oh yeah! I lovvvve SMBH, Starlight..and Twilight! :facepalm:

2) Muse? Who are they? :rolleyes:

3) They're emo, right? (:facepalm: :facepalm:)

Guest Octazooka
:D He goes around singing Muse songs, Linkin Park songs and Avril Lavigne :facepalm:

But, he said he would take me to Lake Como when Chelsea go to Italy for a football match :p So we could say "I've seen Chelsea in Italy and been to Como where Muse live" :happy:

You can forgive him for the Avril part :LOL: A small price to pay for an awesome granddad!

You can forgive him for the Avril part :LOL: A small price to pay for an awesome granddad!

:D I like Avril's older stuff, but her new stuff is kinda crap. I like, what, 1 song from her new album :LOL: (Innocence)

But yeah, he goes around singing "Hey hey, you you, I don't like your girlfriend, No way, No way, I think you need a new one, Hey hey, you you, I could be your girlfriend!" And then my grandma gets worried :LOL:

My grandad took me to go see Avril aswell, she's really good live, shame she turned pop and girly, her songs were really good to relate to :(

Guest Octazooka
:D I like Avril's older stuff, but her new stuff is kinda crap. I like, what, 1 song from her new album :LOL: (Innocence)

But yeah, he goes around singing "Hey hey, you you, I don't like your girlfriend, No way, No way, I think you need a new one, Hey hey, you you, I could be your girlfriend!" And then my grandma gets worried :LOL:

My grandad took me to go see Avril aswell, she's really good live, shame she turned pop and girly, her songs were really good to relate to :(

Yeah, all that pink stuff:vomit:

:D He goes around singing Muse songs, Linkin Park songs and Avril Lavigne :facepalm:

But, he said he would take me to Lake Como when Chelsea go to Italy for a football match :p So we could say "I've seen Chelsea in Italy and been to Como where Muse live" :happy:

I'm living in a small state of jealousy right now. But that is so cool of your grandfather. I would love to go to Italy to see a football match!

:D I love football!

Me too! Which is sad cause it really isn't big at all in the states. So I wind up either missing entire seasons or catching reruns on paid tv. I tend to be alone in my interests, since most of them have to do with England :$

Me too! Which is sad cause it really isn't big at all in the states. So I wind up either missing entire seasons or catching reruns on paid tv. I tend to be alone in my interests, since most of them have to do with England :$

Naww, again, my grandad takes me to see Chelsea play :happy:

What team do you support?

Naww, again, my grandad takes me to see Chelsea play :happy:

What team do you support?

I go between Chelsea, Liverpool, and Newcastle so it depends on my mood that day. I don't ever have favourite teams and I wind up basing my opinion on teamwork for the day. :LOL: But I think it's such a fun sport to watch AND play.

Best moment ever yesterday.

I was in Barnes and Noble and looking at the music magazines and I found this old magazine called Prog and it was from May and it had Matt's face on the cover. So I did a little dance and started reading it. A guy comes up next to me and reaches for the same thing (cause there were two) and starts reading that. So I was thinking to myself, either he wants Muse, The Mars Volta, or Radiohead cause they were the big features. So I started glancing over just to see what pages he was turning too. However, I have an inability to be stealthy. I never have, nor will I ever be. So, he noticed. He smiled very politely for someone realizing that they were being semi-stalked and said "Am I in your way?" I said, "No. I just, well, ok. I was wondering what band you were reading this for." He laughed and said "Muse." I proceeded to creep him out more by just smiling and not saying anything. He had a nervous/awkward look on his face and said "You.....like...Muse,...to?" I finally snapped out of it and said "Yes, yes. I love them. I just rarely meet people who are fans." And thus began a wonderful and NORMAL conversation about Muse, music, and other such delights.

Best. Reaction. Ever

:awesome:... this is hilarious! Haha at least he didnt bolt! I think we all secretly wish this would happen to us (initial akwardness aside!:p)

:awesome:... this is hilarious! Haha at least he didnt bolt! I think we all secretly wish this would happen to us (initial akwardness aside!:p)

:LOL: I'm coming to terms with the fact that my life exists in a permanent state of awkward. Though it does make my life hilarious.

Archived