Get Up and Fight

OriginOfAbso

We should launch a Big Freeze/Revolt/Get Up And Fight Poll :LOL:

But yeah, basically that's Muse doing Pop Rock nowadays, à la Katy Perry, Taylor Swift or whatever.. Aside from being quite bad, I also think it doesn't really fit with the whole atmosphere of the album, musically speaking.

Plus did you notice the similarity of the intro with this ? :p

I want to like it but I just don't think Muse are pulling off this song. I think it's Matt mostly, he just kinda sounds wimpy with this subject matter. It sounds a lot like Danger Days MCR and I just listen to this wishing Gerard Way was grabbing this song by the balls. It's not bad but it's so iffy.

I'll go out on a limb and defend this one. Sure it's radio-friendly, positive-message power pop fluff but it's not all bad. A straightforward 4/4, soft verse/power chord chorus structure is kind of a welcome relief from all the electronic overkill mayhem elsewhere on the album. So what if it's better suited for Kelly Clarkson. It doesn't grate on me as much as listening to BITM.

Of course, I admit to having a soft spot for Follow Me and Guiding Light as well. So there's that.